Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top 3 Most Valuable Classes

combat class most useful difficulty backer beta

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

wanderon

wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1274 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also keep in mind that all the classes aren't finished yet so some others may prove more useful in full release based on beta feedback and full implimentation of the class.

I'm thinking with less than 8 weeks to release classes are pretty much finished and that what we see in the final beta build is going to be pretty much what we get.

• Karkarov likes this

DigitalCrack

DigitalCrack

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also keep in mind that all the classes aren't finished yet so some others may prove more useful in full release based on beta feedback and full implimentation of the class.

I'm thinking with less than 8 weeks to release classes are pretty much finished and that what we see in the final beta build is going to be pretty much what we get.

I didn't mean unfinished in the sense that they aren't done as a concept just they haven't all been fully implemented in the beta yet.  So we don't know what they have to offer completely.

Azureblaze

Azureblaze

Shrouded Assassin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Any recent news on when for the next(final?) beta build?

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Should be sometime this week from what I have heard.

• Azureblaze likes this

Azureblaze

Azureblaze

Shrouded Assassin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Should be sometime this week from what I have heard.

Thanks Karkarov !!

• Karkarov likes this

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3497 posts

Yes, it was mentioned in another thread that they're going to try to get the next (and likely last, unfortunately) BB out early this week.

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7729 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

most valuable is priest, at least on hard.  we can contemplate any number o' party configurations, but on hard difficulty, we would not survive for very long w/o a priest.

two more?  

am suspecting that with new build we we will need consider moving paladins up our list o' party mvp candidates... or perhaps not. in the most recent build, paladins were very easy to min/max into uberness and their buffs were some o' the best available in the game.  however, while paladin buffs will become relatively even more useful, the removal o' accuracy padding from max perception will likely significant diminish their combat efficacy.  currently, chanters is likely our #2 mvp behind priests.  the buffing for chanters is excellent, but more significant is their summons. in a game with few party summons available, and a tendency for enemies to bum rush our little band o' heroes, summons is invaluable.  in hard-mode, many enemies is capable o' one-shot or two-shot killing any party member, even our tanks. a summons that provides cannon fodder is welcome. 

regardless, priests is clear #1 mvp.

HA! Good Fun!

Nakia

Nakia

Rogue of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Steam:nakiarogue
  • Kickstarter Backer

Currently these are my favoritesL

Monk Class with knockback disabler is extremely powerful

Ranger class build as a board and sword type is alos powerful

Cipher class may not be as powerful but has some interesting skills although I may be biased because it is different and I like different.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: combat, class, most useful, difficulty, backer beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users