Yep you should be fine.

Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8), Mac OS X (10.7.0) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)

Minimum system requirements - Video Card: Model Shader 3 Compatible Video Card, 512 MB or better, Processor: 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor, RAM: 4GB RAM, Hard Drive: 25 GB Hard Drive Space, Mouse, Keyboard.

It says 2.6GHz, but it's talking about old Pentium 4. Core i5 will be much faster despite having lower clock speed.

An i5 is way more than enough for anything eternity will need.  Heck a decent i5 is more than enough for any game on the market.

What?! No way! You need 17 i7's, and at LEAST 4 10GB GeForce 90,000's, just to get DECENT FPS rates on games now, u_u... If you didn't spend a minimum of $5,000 on your computer, it won't even run anything on LOW. Everybody knows that!

:). I love seeing people who actually think that.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I would like to play PoE when it release, but can I play it with a 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5 for my mac?

GPU is more important, but I think someone mentioned being able to play on integrated intel HD, so all macs with i5 should be fine.

If you have an iMac, you should be well above minimums, with mac mini or a macbook (with intel graphics) you should still be above minimum.

Like the current low end macbook pro, a dual core i5 2,5GHz + intel HD4000, 4GB memory. Just above but not by a huge margin.

Edited by Jarmo

At first I thought GHZ was 1337-speak for guys.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

An i5 is way more than enough for anything eternity will need.  Heck a decent i5 is more than enough for any game on the market.

You should check the Witcher 3 requirements :D

And his i5 is like mine i5 750 model and 5 years old. Modern i5 are 3.2 ghz at least.

It still doesn't matter.  Trust me, an i5 (even an old one) is plenty for gaming.  Your graphics card does 80% of the work.  Also requirements getting posted these days are mostly BS.  Shadows of Mordor wants you to believe you need 8 gig of Vram to use it's high detail textures.  Funny story, I can pull it off with my 4 gig of Vram card, play at max settings, and still record gameplay without dropping below 50 fps at 1080p resolution.

As for Witcher 3, yes max settings will require an insane pc.  But be real, it is releasing on Xbox One and PS4.  You don't "require" a top of the line PC to play it.

• Like 1

Poorly optimized games run better on faster CPUs. If you have a less powerful CPU (eg. i5 750 or something) and try and play the hilariously unoptimized Satellite Reign beta, your computer will cry.

The PE devs are more concerned about memory management for Pillars of Eternity because they want to try and make sure that 32-bit machines don't have issues with the per-process memory limit of 2GB ... so I dunno how much CPU/GPU optimization they'll end up doing. Hopefully some of it at least.

It still doesn't matter.  Trust me, an i5 (even an old one) is plenty for gaming.  Your graphics card does 80% of the work.  Also requirements getting posted these days are mostly BS.  Shadows of Mordor wants you to believe you need 8 gig of Vram to use it's high detail textures.  Funny story, I can pull it off with my 4 gig of Vram card, play at max settings, and still record gameplay without dropping below 50 fps at 1080p resolution.

But... but...! You can't play it at ONE MILLION FPS! o_o

Anything under one million is a peasant's framerate, u_u...

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u