Wait a sec..what do we do after all of this?

ctn2003

Yeah, I mean, just 'cause the game's "finished" doesn't mean they can't patch in all the changes we continue to demand. :)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I thoroughly expect absolutely nothing to change on the forums with the release of the game.

There will be a great rush of new players, who didn't back PoE and/or followed its development. They will bring a lot of senseless complaining with them, but also a lot of heartfelt thank-yous and some new perspectives on 3000-post-old discussions. Myself, I was part of the Kickstarter wave that came to frequent these boards, although I didn't register until Avellone's Arcanum sufferthrough started (I'm sorely disappointed that it just kind of stopped...). And I stayed because this place is a whole lot better than many other forums, blogs, mailing lists, whatevers that I've been member of.

So there will be a storm we need to weather, but it's nothing new. Gromnir, the one who's been around since the Black Isle days, has seen a dozen such storms come and go.

• Like 6

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

there will be lots and lots of complaining of course

the oldies will complain because the game is not an exact reproduction of the IE games, and the newbies will complain because the game is so old school, and feels like an exact reproduction of those old games

i for one will be blown away by obsidians reputation system :)

Edited by lolaldanee
  • Like 5

The same thing we do every night Pinky...

• Like 10

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

When the game is released I will steer clear of the forums for as long as a full playthrough, in order to avoid anything spoiled for me.

If I am patient enough I will not play right away, to avoid game bugs ruining the experience for me. So the thought is that I will jump in after the 1st (or 2nd) patch that will most likely address the most prevalent issues.

Then I will let myself be immersed in Pillars World (although my lady & work will not let me do this as much as I will like to :p )

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

I will start playing the game as soon as it is released.   I will take my time and explore every nook and cranny.  Minor bugs won't bother me but major ones will upset me.  If the game is as good as I expect it to be I may not come up for air for a month.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg