Pro Hoops 2K14-2K15

Leferd

Hey man. Let me get through this emotional rollercoaster that is being a long suffering die hard Warriors fan.

I'm still learning how to react to losses when the expectation is to win. This is such a huge paradigm shift.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Westbrook out for at least a week.  OKC can't catch a break this season...  Actually, they are catching breaks, literally.  The Thunder have had maybe 15-20 games all season at full strength.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Monsters of the Mississippi have slipped a little. They are 6-4 in their last 10 but are having trouble putting together back to back wins and the Rockets are getting hot and creeping up behind. Not worried yet but... well, maybe a little.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey man. Let me get through this emotional rollercoaster that is being a long suffering die hard Warriors fan.

Just imagine how a Cleveland Browns fan feels.   ROTFL

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

This is pretty awesome.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25094446/larry-bird-is-going-to-be-talking-trash-to-dominique-wilkins-forever

The Nique - Bird anecdote on their first meeting is especially funny.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

The Griz had a HUGE win on the road in Houston last night.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"The Pistons were 5-23 when SVG waived Josh Smith and absorbed his albatross of a contract. They win their next five."

yeah, Detroit is so awesome without Smith they have now lost 10 in a row. Meanwhile, huis new team has not been disrupted by his presence at all and continue to win. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The Pistons were 5-23 when SVG waived Josh Smith and absorbed his albatross of a contract. They win their next five."

yeah, Detroit is so awesome without Smith they have now lost 10 in a row. Meanwhile, huis new team has not been disrupted by his presence at all and continue to win. LMAO

Cool story Bro.

• Like 1

Bracket time folks! Here is mine:

If you want to try your hand at is you can get them here: http://www.printyourbrackets.com/fillable-ncaa-tournament-bracket.html

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I watched exactly zero minutes and zero seconds of college hoops this year, so I have no clue about anything.  I'll still watch much of the tourney, particularly the opening weekend, which is arguably the best 4 days of sports every year, but I'm not even going to pretend to fill out a bracket.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I just realized I have the four 1 seeds in the Final 4. Well, one thing about this season, the difference between 1 & 2 has never been greater. I think Wyoming & UCLA are the two teams that will screw everyone up.

Thomas Sowell

Whya re you guys spamming the professional basketball thread with the amateur basketball garbage. This is supposed to eb about the NBA or other professional leagues not leagues where the employees aren't paid and are constantly abused and taken advantaged of.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wait... Volo is giving ME grief for spamming a thread? :lol:

Besides, the NBA is sort of in a grind right now and this is the only hoops thread we have.

Now then, who else is going to take a shot and fill out a bracket? Tell you what, whoever gets the closest gets a free copy of PoE. What do you say? (Promises made by Guard Dog may not be honored  by Obsidian Entertainment)

Thomas Sowell

if it will quiet vol, simple preface ncaa with this kinda thing:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2395735-ranking-the-25-best-players-in-the-2015-ncaa-tournament

many o' the biggest names in the tourney will be playing in the nba next year.  maybe more interesting is how many o' the best college players won't ever amount to anything in the nba. 

so post your brackets and reference scouting future nba prospects as the rationale for following the tourney and posting 'bout it in this thread.  problem. solution.  Gromnir is a problem solver.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we do realize that no reasonable solution will ever quiet vol.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

College Hoops is not pretty basketball. Outside of Fred Hoiberg's Iowa State, or Rick Pitino's Louisville teams --most major programs are barely watchable.

I'll take Hawks - Warriors all day.

UC Davis knocked out by Stanford in the first round of the NIT. There goes that...

OKC is just snakebit this year.  KD out most of the year, Russ out a short bit, and now Ibaka possibly done for the year.  They've had like 10 games all year with all 3 of their top guys on the floor at the same time.  It will be a struggle to even make the playoffs, and without being at full strength, they'll likely get smoked by GS even if they do make it.  Ironically, this is the one year where they've actually made the right moves during the season and seriously strengthened the rest of the team through trades, but it may not matter because their top guys are all getting hurt.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

College Hoops is not pretty basketball. Outside of Fred Hoiberg's Iowa State, or Rick Pitino's Louisville teams --most major programs are barely watchable.

I'll take Hawks - Warriors all day.

UC Davis knocked out by Stanford in the first round of the NIT. There goes that...

we were gonna argue, but you is at least mostly correct.  particularly in the last few decades, college basketball has become increasing poor.   am suspecting that for most players, college basketball is little more than an extension o' aau/summer leagues.  coaches need cater to the players. can watch similar quality o' basketball in gyms and in parks in nyc and chicago and la and all throughout the atlantic coast region. 

however, we haven't been a particular dedicated basketball fan since the mid 90s. the game don't appeal to us as it once did.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)