Per-rest vs. Per-encounter

gkathellar

Also, I just wanted to add to my post above as I can't edit it. The Finishing Blow power does +50% damage if it hits regardless if the enemy is under or over 50% stamina. This is not stated in the game. While I don't want a wall of text with the mouse overs, I would like something simple like: +50% damage if hits with an extra +3% damage per 1% under 50% stamina the target has.

Although I do expect quite a lot of information to be in the character screen. Something like the IE games had with their spells.

Wasn't it a goal to make the powers easier to understand than the IE games? Because right now it's harder since the game hides information from us.

I was concerned about this "hiding" too - in the last BB build they removed the "effects" info from vegies, meat etc - then it occured to me that this may be by design simply because they are still tweaking all that stuff??? 

Sure, but that would be a good reason NOT to hide the information - if anything, the tweaking/input period is when allowing people to see exactly what's under the hood is most important, since they can't give real feedback if they don't know what's happening.

I was thinking more along the lines that they may be currently a work in progress and the original values were being tossed but new values had not yet been decided on - but I may be over thinking this - or under thinking - or all of the above - or none of the above - :)

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Also, I just wanted to add to my post above as I can't edit it. The Finishing Blow power does +50% damage if it hits regardless if the enemy is under or over 50% stamina. This is not stated in the game. While I don't want a wall of text with the mouse overs, I would like something simple like: +50% damage if hits with an extra +3% damage per 1% under 50% stamina the target has.

Although I do expect quite a lot of information to be in the character screen. Something like the IE games had with their spells.

Wasn't it a goal to make the powers easier to understand than the IE games? Because right now it's harder since the game hides information from us.

I was concerned about this "hiding" too - in the last BB build they removed the "effects" info from vegies, meat etc - then it occured to me that this may be by design simply because they are still tweaking all that stuff??? 

Sure, but that would be a good reason NOT to hide the information - if anything, the tweaking/input period is when allowing people to see exactly what's under the hood is most important, since they can't give real feedback if they don't know what's happening.

I was thinking more along the lines that they may be currently a work in progress and the original values were being tossed but new values had not yet been decided on - but I may be over thinking this - or under thinking - or all of the above - or none of the above - :)

Partly true, but I think the lack of feedback is mostly just a result of them not having implemented all the UI properly yet.