For the love of God back this on Kickstarter.

Monte Carlo

Yes, I believe you go to a bar, pay for and have them fill the bag. The bag then allows you to serve through the system and keeps the beer "fresh" at home without having to return to the bar until you need the bag.

Or friends.

Or something.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You can buy the bags (like Nespresso coffee capsules) from the participating breweries. You save quite a bit of money and your home-poured beer is always fresh.

Man, it's like they made a committee to design my perfect Kickstarter product... except it's abroad. :(

sonsofgygax.JPG

Regulations?  Shipping cost?  £ to $ exchange rate?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You could still get in on the "Greedy Bronze Bastard" tier, though.

I'm going to back it but not if I have to ship the beer bags over here. If I can source them in the UK I'll definitely throw some dough at it.

Beer is important. Beer innovators require support from Beer Lovers.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Regulations?  Shipping cost?  £ to $ exchange rate?

Also America's insistence on 110V mains power.

Ooo, yeah forgot about that one. 

Seems like more than a couple people have also asked about the power situation

if you pledge to receive a SYNEK and we only create a "US version" in the first run, know that the dispenser takes no more energy than any normal kitchen appliance (i.e. you can use a standard converter, as you may do with other US products that you use in an EU outlet).

Free games updated 3/4/21

That's awkward wording, almost if they're not actually sure what they're talking about. US appliances often require a stepdown transformer (and even that doesn't address the 50/60Hz issue), though devices with a switching power supply or a simple power brick can just employ a prong adaptor.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

If the bags are so space-age, couldn't they do like a gravity-feed mechanism. I've heard of fuel pumps in motorcycles that use gravity ... might make sense to build an international alcoholic-enabler device without electricity, too. Bar taps don't use power, do they, or am I just a moran. 

All Stop. On Screen.

These things also refrigerate the beer, which I imagine the power would be mainly used for.

Looks like that is indeed the case

Creator Steve Young about 2 hours ago

@nicholas - we have distributors who have reached out to us in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Australia, and Brazil. Hopefully the UK will be enough to have a sustainable supply for you. 

@grant - yes the only thing electricity does is chill and power the digital readings. You will still be able to dispense the beer as the CO2 will take over! 

@Charles - Working on it. Florida breweries love us because 128oz gets around the interesting new laws your state has 

@pete - Thanks for the support, send us a private message so we can talk further! 

@Faye - You are a visionary...we love that. California breweries are starting to pile in, haven't had time to reach out to those, but will put on our list.

PS I've just backed it as well and I'm not a huge* beer drinker but I am a novelty kitchen gadget guy

*extra medium is more accurate

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I would totally get this but can't possibly justify it as I'm not the beer drinker I was in college.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Yeah, I'd totally get one if it served Decaf Diet Coke. :)

More like carbonated mineral water for me.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Given that me and beer (and alchocol in general) generally don't associate, this product does not spark my interest at all.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I like the idea, and I love beer, but $300 is almost enough for a kegerator.  I'm just not convinced breweries are going to buy into the whole bag idea, whereas most places sell pony kegs already.