KotOR 2 and Dragon Age

More and more i played KotOR 2 i realized that Dragon Age is so much "stealing" KotOR 2 storyline and concept.

Jedi - Mages/Chantry Mages

Sith - Blood Mages/Tevinter Imperium

Sith Empire - Tevinter Imperium

Handmaiden - Templar

Mandalorian - Qunari

Dragon Age is about wars caused by religious sects of Mages, pro-Chantry Mages and pro-Tevinter Mages, actually the war was caused by Mages who have so much power and abuse it. Similar with KotOR 2 universe where wars are cause by Jedi and Sith, two religious sect.

Templar job is to watch Mages, watching signs of corruption. Templars don't have magic. Handmaiden job is to watch Jedi in Atris new order of Jedi. Handmaiden cannot feel the Force.

Peoples fear Mages, and peoples are victims of corrupted Mages. Peoples fear Sith and Jedi, and are victim of corrupted Jedi.

Qunari is a warmonger race who invade large part of Thedas, Tevinter Imperium and Chantry Mages who hold them back. Mandalorian is a warmonger race, Jedi/Sith who hold them back.

Hawke is a war veteran who suddenly involved in Mage and Templar conflict, also involved in Qunari invasion on Kirkwal....Exile is a war veteran who involve in conflict of two religious sect of Jedi and Sith, also involve in Mandalorian war...

Dragon Age : Inquisition is somewhat a "conclusion" i think for Dragon Age series, i think it is actually the plot of KotOR 3 but they make it into Dragon Age

Dragon Age : Inquisition is somewhat a "conclusion" i think for Dragon Age series, i think it is actually the plot of KotOR 3 but they make it into Dragon Age

.... I think it's safe to say that you're reaching.

I mean, it's cool to hate BioWare, but come on.

• Like 1

.... I think it's safe to say that you're reaching.

I mean, it's cool to hate BioWare, but come on.

No, really, Dragon Age copied too much from KotOR/KotOR 2/Star Wars, they just change little bit here and little bit there. Another example

Genoharradan - Antivan Crow

Exchange - Carta/Merchant Guild

HK-47/Visas Marr - Zevran

Kreia - Flemeth

Anders is actually Revan in Dragon Age 2, he is an abomination, he against Chantry teaching but the same time he don't support Blood Mages either. He goes against the Chantry by blowing up the church in which spark the Mage Templar war, the same like Revan did.

Hawke is the exile, her character is so similar, in the end she disappear like the Exile

The world of Dragon Age is parralel with KotOR 2, that is the world where Mages and Blood Mages are problematic that make everything turn up side down, the same time Qunari trolling everyone...much like Jedi civil war and Mandalorian war

Tevinter Imperium is an empire build by Blood Mages, we can say that it is an empire build entirely by Blood Magic...in KotOR there is true Sith empire in which build entirely with Dark Side of the Force

Cut off Mages from the Fade is a punishmet for Mages, cut off Jedi from the Force is a punishment for Jedi

Edited by Qistina

am suspecting james joyce ripped off kotor 2 as well when he penned Ulysses. makes as much sense as bioware stealing kotor2 to make da:o... especially seeing as how bioware made kotor and many o' the things you mention as kotor2 elements is actual from kotor.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am suspecting james joyce ripped off kotor 2 as well when he penned Ulysses. makes as much sense as bioware stealing kotor2 to make da:o... especially seeing as how bioware made kotor and many o' the things you mention as kotor2 elements is actual from kotor.

HA! Good Fun!

Actually KotOR 2 is not KotOR, these two are totally different. The characters except few are not Bioware standard character types. The only thing from Bioware in KotOR 2 are Canderous/Mandalore, HK 47 and T3-M4, the rest are not Bioware character archetype. Even those three characters are different from their original in KotOR. Other characters but not the main characters from KotOR are Carth and Bastila.

KoTOR 2 is not Bioware game, have different feeling when playing it, not the same with all Bioware games. So i say Bioware did steal KotOR 2 much in their recent games. The premise of KotOR 2 is not the same with KoTOR, but the premise of Dragon Age is much similar with KotOR 2...

HA! Good Fun!

Actually KotOR 2 is not KotOR, these two are totally different. The characters except few are not Bioware standard character types. The only thing from Bioware in KotOR 2 are Canderous/Mandalore, HK 47 and T3-M4, the rest are not Bioware character archetype. Even those three characters are different from their original in KotOR. Other characters but not the main characters from KotOR are Carth and Bastila.

KoTOR 2 is not Bioware game, have different feeling when playing it, not the same with all Bioware games. So i say Bioware did steal KotOR 2 much in their recent games. The premise of KotOR 2 is not the same with KoTOR, but the premise of Dragon Age is much similar with KotOR 2...

BioWare reuses a lot of ideas that are fairly common storytelling archetypes.

Just because an idea is similar doesn't mean - I don't know why I'm arguing with someone that is saying a game ripped off something that doesn't even exist.

HA! Good Fun!

you mentioned mandalorians being analogous to quinari. if they were, they were so in kotor. you mention sith as tevinterish and or blood mage.. no different in kotor. you mention suspicion of mages similar to suspicion of  jedi. as you recognized, hk-47 were bioware. etc. 

hawke as exile... well, that is just silly. if hawke had created a wound in the fade... was a wound in the fade, and he went in search of the warden commander at the end of da2 after killing his mentor... nah. just kinda falls apart, doesn't it? most others parrallels you draw is even more tenuous. 

sorry, but it just don't work.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

you mentioned mandalorians being analogous to quinari. if they were, they were so in kotor. you mention sith as tevinterish and or blood mage.. no different in kotor. you mention suspicion of mages similar to suspicion of  jedi. as you recognized, hk-47 were bioware. etc. 

hawke as exile... well, that is just silly. if hawke had created a wound in the fade... was a wound in the fade, and he went in search of the warden commander at the end of da2 after killing his mentor... nah. just kinda falls apart, doesn't it? most others parrallels you draw is even more tenuous. 

sorry, but it just don't work.

HA! Good Fun!

BioWare reuses a lot of ideas that are fairly common storytelling archetypes.

Just because an idea is similar doesn't mean - I don't know why I'm arguing with someone that is saying a game ripped off something that doesn't even exist.

I don't say Hawke is The Exile copy, but Hawke character is...Hawke is a war veteran, well non-Mage Hawke is, even hawke is a mage he/she quite experience in magic not like any other Mages. Hawke and family are exiles from Lothering. Hawke raise to power like the Exile is. He/She involve in the religious struggle in Kirkwal as the Exile involve in religious struggle between Jedi and Sith. Hawke make contact with the Merchant Guild/Carta, the Exile make contact with The Exchange. Hawke make contact with the Arishok of Qunari, the Exile make contact with with Mandalore of Mandalorian. Hawke meet with his/her father spirit, The Exile meet with Revan "spirit". Both Hawke and The Exile at the crossroad of the incoming war that is war of belief

In fact Dragon Age 2 and the incoming Dragon Age : Inquisition have very similar plot line with KotOR 2, that is the incoming war is war of belief, religious struggle. In Dragon Age it is war between Mages and Templars/Chantry, KotOR 2 is about war between Jedi and Sith.

Let see,

i. Mages in Dragon Age are "Fade sensitive", they are taken away since children to be trained as a Mage in the Circle. In Star Wars, Jedi are Force sensitive, they are taken away since children to be trained as Jedi.

ii. Mages can be corrupted when demons of the Fade possessed them, this is always a threat for a Mage. Jedi can fall into Dark Side and this always an issue for a Jedi

iii. Blood Mages are mages who use blood for magic and commune with demon, they can suck human life. Sith are Dark Jedi using Dark Side of the Force, they can suck everyone life

iv. Magic come from the Fade, a realm of Spirit and Demon. Jedi power come from the Force, Light and Dark

v. Templars watch Mages for corruption. Handmaiden watch Mages for corruption

vi. In Dragon Age 2, Templars are under Meredith, a woman. Handmaiden are under Atris, a woman.

vii. Meredith corrupted by ancient relic, the Red lyrium idol. Atris corrupted by ancient relic, Jedi/Sith holocron

viii. Flemeth is a manipulator, an old woman, a powerful apostate Mage. Kreia is a manipulator, an old woman, a powerful Sith Lord

ix. Flemeth save Hawke who being hunted down by darkspawn at Lothering. Kreia save The Exile who being hunted down by assassin at Peragus

Just few...there are many more...

Edited by Qistina

hawke wasn't an exile from lothering... hawke family were refugees. big difference. 

rest is equal silly... though we find your characterization of kreia woefully insufficient. her role is also complete different from flemeth's thus far. 

HA! Good Fun!

Another similarities between Dragon Age and KotOR 2

i. Arishok and Qunari got stranded in Kirkwal, they live in confined space given to them as a gift of peace. They are hated for their history and culture. Mandalore and Mandalorians living at Dxun, a small moon on Onderon. They are hated and feared for their history and culture.

ii. Qunari attack Kirkwal. Mandalorian attack Onderon

iii. In Dragon Age : Inquisition, it is rumored that the Inquisitor may ally with Qunari, the ex-enemy. The Exile ally with Mandalorians the ex-enemy to against the Sith.

iv. The Warden defend Redcliffe from undead attack with whatever the town can provide. The Exile defend Khoonda with whatever the town can provide.

v. The Warden must choose who become the leader in Orzamar, Harrowmont or Bhelen. The Exile must choose who become the leader of Onderon, Vaklu or Talia

vi. Denerim is the place of final battle with Darkspawn. Citadel Station is the place of final battle with the Sith. Both places are the place where the main character familiar with, the final battle not happened at new place

vii. Andraste Temple is an ancient tomb of prophet Andraste, the founder of the religion. The Warden and co goes there and fight with some cultist. Fredon Nadd tomb is an ancient building, a tomb of a Sith Lord. The Exile companions fought Sith cultist there.

Edited by Qistina

I had to defend De'Arnise Keep with whatever the Keep provided, and I had to choose who became the top thieves guild in Baldur's Gate II. The final battle in Baldur's Gate 1 happened in a place the Bhaalspawn was familiar with.

I'm not saying there aren't similarities, it's just that pretty much everything you say is so incredibly generic and in thousands of other games. It can hardly be called ripping off.

I think what was intended to be KotOR 3 plot, they make it into Dragon Age, they cancel KotOR for some reason, they use KotOR universe to create Dragon Age instead. Later they make SWTOR but because of the original idea of KotOR 3 have been used for Dragon Age, they scrap it all and make new one, that is why SWTOR is 300 years later after koTOR 2 event story. To make it esy, they just copy the novel version of Revan and Exile as "conclusion"

Isn't it obvious? For me it is

Edited by Qistina

So, BioWare intended to make a KotOR 3 after they refused to make KotOR 2 because they decided to focus on their own IPs, recommending KotOR 2 be made by Obsidian instead. But BioWare liked KotOR 2 so much that they decided to make a KotOR 3, and then they decided NOT to do it and make Dragon Age instead, which up to the upcoming THIRD sequel is still a ripoff of KotOR 2?

So, BioWare intended to make a KotOR 3 after they refused to make KotOR 2 because they decided to focus on their own IPs, recommending KotOR 2 be made by Obsidian instead. But BioWare liked KotOR 2 so much that they decided to make a KotOR 3, and then they decided NOT to do it and make Dragon Age instead, which up to the upcoming THIRD sequel is still a ripoff of KotOR 2?

Yes, Star Wars have millions of fans, they cannot resist to make more money out of it. They admit themselves that KotOR have solid fans and is a game that still played today. So they decided to make SWTOR, and is MMO. But they make a mistake by making it an MMO and copying novel version of Revan and the Exile. It is because the original story being merged into Dragon Age.

As i have stated in above posts, the thing about Mages, Blood Mages and Templar is so similar with KotOR 2 premise. And what suppose to be KotOR 3 premise is Dragon Age : Inquisition premise.

Like i mentioned above, Tevinter Imperium is an empire of Blood Magic run by Blood Mages. While the rest of Thedas are run by Chantry, Mages are under the Chantry. It is like Sith empire that run by Sith/Dark Jedi vs Republic where Jedi don't rule. But in KotOR 2 the Handmaiden don't yet controlling the Jedi because the Exile manage to stop Atris. Dragon Age universe is when the Templar controlling Mages under the Chantry rule, i can say that it is the world where Handmaiden watch over Jedis.

So what if Atris success in controlling Jedis? That is the world of Dragon Age. What happen in Dragon Age is because of that, where Mages or "Fade sensitive" persons are oppressed by religious order in Chantry kingdoms, while there are others "Fade sensitive" who roam free in other kingdom

In KotOR 2, people see Jedi and Sith are the same, like in Dragon Age, people see Mages and Blood Mages are the same.

Edited by Qistina

Cervantes, Miguel de. DON QUIXOTE, -Tilting at Windmills.

It's an analogous literary reference.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 2 weeks later...

actually bioware follows its own stereotypes,and may take 'inspiration' from cool things from other games to add it into their game,as long is not copy and paste.
bioware has this label that follows from over 10 years of Ancient Evil vs the Chosen One,with the ancient evil usually having an unstoppable army that cannot be faced alone and has to unite the land\galaxy to fight this ancient evil.
like i've said in the other thread,they have their own stereotypes
dGhYd.png but if the OP has an opinion,well i respect that. change mass effect to 'yellow' because of the possible origin

Edited by DarthDeven