I've been bored so I've updated the Eternity Wiki with all the new staff that myself and C2B have found over the last few months. Since some people have been complaining about not getting all the "little bits of info" on the official board and having to go to places like the Codex (goodness me), I'll list all the changes here.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Developers

New additions that have not been mentioned in an update:

Seth McCaughey - Senior Animator (Fallout: New Vegas, FNV DLCs, South Park)

Shon Stewart - Lead Animator (took over from Mark Bremerkamp who left earlier this year) 

Jeff Husges - Area Design (QA Icewind Dales, Design NWN2, Fallout New Vegas, FNV DLCs, South Park) 

Constant Gaw - Area Design (NWN2: MotB, Alpha Protocol, DS3, South Park)

Dini McMurry - Level Design (Fallout: New Vegas, FNV DLCs, DS3, South Park)

Liam Esler - Level Design (Previous BG2 Modder, did some work on BG2:EE)

Roby Atadero - Gameplay/UI Programmer (South Park - member of the boards here)

Carrie Patel - Narrative Designer (novel writer)

I removed Brian Menze's entry from the wiki as it is my understanding that he was not on the PE team, although that may have since been remedied.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 12

There are a lot of interesting "little bits of info" spread all over the place that were uncovered, disclosed or go unnoticed. (even here, I bet that most people who don't frequent the forums missed many of JS posts like the recent one about COA info)

So I wish that there were more people like yourself that helped to bring it about and mantain it all in one place. Lore masters sort of speak.

Edited by Mor

Great job :)

Three small critics

- Lead Narrative Designer and Creative Lead will be the same position in the credits in the end, regardless of how its finally called. So you might as well make that one entry.

- Isn't Hector Espinoza Lead Environment Artist? Senior isn't a project specific title afaik.

- Liam also does some writing (And points out specifically so on his twitter). Though you might as well keep him on Level Designer as they do too write.

Edited by C2B

I didn't do those. I just added the missing ones. We don't know Seth's "title" for the Project as the only reference that he's working on it is Josh using his first name in an SA post.

According to George Ziets, it's not uncommon for Designers to do some writing (such as NPC convos).

Edited by Sensuki

I've been bored so I've updated the Eternity Wiki with all the new staff that myself and C2B have found over the last few months. Since some people have been complaining about not getting all the "little bits of info" on the official board and having to go to places like the Codex (goodness me), I'll list all the changes here.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Developers

New additions that have not been mentioned in an update:

Seth McCaughey - Senior Animator (Fallout: New Vegas, FNV DLCs, South Park)

Shon Stewart - Lead Animator (took over from Mark Bremerkamp who left earlier this year) 

Jeff Husges - Area Design (QA Icewind Dales, Design NWN2, Fallout New Vegas, FNV DLCs, South Park) 

Constant Gaw - Area Design (NWN2: MotB, Alpha Protocol, DS3, South Park)

Dini McMurry - Level Design (Fallout: New Vegas, FNV DLCs, DS3, South Park)

Liam Esler - Level Design (Previous BG2 Modder, did some work on BG2:EE)

Roby Atadero - Gameplay/UI Programmer (South Park - member of the boards here)

Carrie Patel - Narrative Designer (novel writer)

I removed Brian Menze's entry from the wiki as it is my understanding that he was not on the PE team, although that may have since been remedied.

You and C2B do an excellent job in keeping us informed around various updates and links that most of us wouldn't be aware of if it wasn't for your studious efforts. So good work, its appreciated :thumbsup:

Now if you can just support me in my endeavors in getting Romance in the  sequel to PoE you'll be my BFF :wowey:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

excellent job in keeping us informed around various updates and links that most of us wouldn't be aware of if it wasn't for your studious efforts. So good work, its appreciated :thumbsup:

Yeah, and even when complemented or approved he is all like

cf9nagraqho.jpg

instead of

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

excellent job in keeping us informed around various updates and links that most of us wouldn't be aware of if it wasn't for your studious efforts. So good work, its appreciated :thumbsup:

Yeah, and even when complemented or approved he is all like

cf9nagraqho.jpg

instead of

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How come my Lead isn't capitalized...

You know that's quite true - you haven't been mentioned in an update :p

Unfortunately I can no longer edit the post

Matthew Sheets - QA Lead

What games have you worked on previously btw?

Edited by Sensuki

cf9nagraqho.jpg

instead of

Hah, just saw this.

On that note

CHEERS BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!111111111111111111(s)

excellent.gif

Edited by Sensuki

Here's why they picked their Programming Intern Brian Macintosh for the job:

http://www.brianmacintosh.com/resume_brianmacintosh.pdf

Primary Language: C# (what they're using for PE)

Engine experience: XNA 4.0 (which is a 2.5D style engine like the PE one they built)

Due to graduate in June so they'll probably pick him up as Junior Programmer.

• Like 1

I remember seeing this video posted on these boards when there was a discussion about something. (Can't remember what  :banghead: )

Cool that he got to try out a position at Obsidian. Judging from that video, he seems to know what he's doing.

I remember seeing this video posted on these boards when there was a discussion about something. (Can't remember what  :banghead: )

Cool that he got to try out a position at Obsidian. Judging from that video, he seems to know what he's doing.

Just FYI the XNA video is not something Brian did. That is just an engine demonstration I pulled from another thread. 

How come my Lead isn't capitalized...

You know that's quite true - you haven't been mentioned in an update :p

Unfortunately I can no longer edit the post

Matthew Sheets - QA Lead

What games have you worked on previously btw?

Last of Us

Also QA

Edit: Theres a good possibility they might have known Brian before hiring him btw.

Edited by C2B

you mean also South Park (Additional QA)  :p

No I meant QA on Last of Us in that sentence as in *Also in the position*.

I don't think the additional QA role on SP is indicative of anything regarding Matthew which is why I didn't mention it. :)

Guest Matt Sheets

you mean also South Park (Additional QA)  :p

No I meant QA on Last of Us in that sentence as in *Also in the position*.

I don't think the additional QA role on SP is indicative of anything regarding Matthew which is why I didn't mention it. :)

I worked on South Park for a short time when they were in crunch.

Here's a list of some of the games I've worked on as QA.  It's not every game, since not all of them are big enough to get an IMDB page.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4763186/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

• Like 3

Great job :)

Three small critics

- Lead Narrative Designer and Creative Lead will be the same position in the credits in the end, regardless of how its finally called. So you might as well make that one entry.

- Isn't Hector Espinoza Lead Environment Artist? Senior isn't a project specific title afaik.

- Liam also does some writing (And points out specifically so on his twitter). Though you might as well keep him on Level Designer as they do too write.

1. You probably right, but we have no official credits, and unlikely to get them until after release, so without confirmation the titles are going by available reference. Overall the list was molded according New vegas credits template, and still can use some work, so if anyone got any new references either put them up or post them here ;)

2. You are right - Hector Espinoza, Lead Environment Artist link

3. As I understand most people on the team dip their toes in various aspect of development, the titles go by what they specifically credited as (in the updates, by the devs, etc)