Beta upgrade for non-beta backers

I'm happy with almost everything that goes on with the development of Pillars of Eternity. I have only one request.

If and when the game gets into beta, please allow the lower tier backers to buy into the beta. Currently, I have to fork out $125 to get that. I have considered buying that package several times, but it's just too much. I don't need the other stuff in that package, just beta access, to delve into modding ASAP.

inXile offered for a limited time a special upgrade for Wasteland 2 backers: 10 bucks to add beta access to a lower tier. That was all right, I'm willing to pay that much. Please consider offering the same beta upgrade when Eternity enters beta phase.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Ehm, you already can?
I didn't do it, but the option was there... it was also pretty expensive, 30 dollar or so?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ehm, you already can?

I didn't do it, but the option was there... it was also pretty expensive, 30 dollar or so?

I think if you've already finalized/confirmed your pledge in the pledge management page, the editing of said pledge (to tack on extra add-ons and such) is still "greyed out," so to speak. They're planning on allowing us to edit already-confirmed pledges in the near future, but we can't do so yet.

That being said, you're correct that the option is there if you're a new backer (if you can still do new orders right now? Not really sure off the top of my head) or if you've yet to confirm a previous pledge. Maybe Endrosz didn't see that option before confirming? Or, it might not've been there initially (can't remember... they changed/fixed some add-on options in the first few days of the portal launch).

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

From what I have been told, you can contact support to 'reset your credit'... so you can do it all over again as KS-backer, even if you already pledged. Before they change it to allow upgrades natively that is.

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I see. I don't remember seeing that option when confirming my pledge, but I could have easily missed it. Okay, I'll try that reset via support.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

From what I have been told, you can contact support to 'reset your credit'... so you can do it all over again as KS-backer, even if you already pledged. Before they change it to allow upgrades natively that is.

Ohhhh, right. I forgot about that. Oops... 8P

Looks like that was useful for Endrosz. Good call, :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Ohhhh, right. I forgot about that. Oops... 8P

Looks like that was useful for Endrosz. Good call, :)

That's all well and good but they really need to just fix it so we can simply edit the pledge.  Contacting support, waiting for them to respond, etc etc.  It just seems a little silly for something that should have been a no brainer inclusion to the pledge editing system from day one.

inXile offered for a limited time a special upgrade for Wasteland 2 backers: 10 bucks to add beta access to a lower tier. That was all right, I'm willing to pay that much. Please consider offering the same beta upgrade when Eternity enters beta phase.

Mm. Well. I'm willing to offer myself and my considerable experience as a beta-tester to Obsidian - for the mere pittance of 59.99$, including 15 USD in shipping.

By all means, please consider this beta upgrade as an extra offer in the tier-upgrade system.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!