Evening all.

After following PE for alittle while i thought it was time to say hello.

I was thrilled when i discovered PE ( i was alittle late in its discovery, so was unable to help with donations i had wanted to give at the origional set of donations ) I have always enjoyed games of this style. Fallout 2 ( i still consider the best game to date ) Baldur's Gate, even Diablo ( if i didnt want to think and just click )

I dont really play games anymore, i cant seem to stay intrested in anything longer than afew days. Even Skyrim i couldnt play for more then 2 weeks. Im a great fan of Morrowind tho. I think i just like living in the past xD  .  I was curiose at what i saw with PE but as soon as i found out Chris Avellone was involved i knew i HAD to back it !

So yes. Very much looking forward to the end product. It should be a nice refreshing change to the games i loved to play as a kid. Should the game be an absolute disaster im  glad i donated to help a style of game i very much love.

Glad to meet you guys and i'll See you all around = )

-Squizz

[EDIT]  It seems i have accidently posted twice. If the other could be deleted by a mod i would be very grateful indeed. ( Not a very good start is it xD  )

Edited by BLnoT
  • Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

Welcome!

Judging from your backing, and your apology, you appear to be both a patron of the arts and a gentleman.

Well done.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Welcome to the forums!

I know what you mean by modern gaming failing to hold one's interest. There is certainly a lack of simple but deep mechanics in AAA but more importantly soul. However, there are interesting times ahead with kickstarter.

I can identify with getting bored quickly when playing new games, I've stopped bothering with trying to play any for the past few years! Oblivion was such a disappointment after Morrowind that I dropped it after only 10 hours or so... Skyrim? What's that? Maybe it's because I've grown older and expect more than a mere brand reboot can offer, or maybe games really have changed. Hard to say. I've learned I'm not part of the target market that 90% of games produced today are for.

I have enjoyed replaying parts of the IE games, but again, I usually only get so far before something else gets in the way or steals my attention.

Project Eternity is the kind of game I'd pay for simply to see it made, and introduced into the "modern" market. I'm already trying to mentally prepare myself for setting aside enough time to play through every nook and cranny of it :).

Welcome!

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Thanks for the warm welcome Wal, Tuck, stark. Im glad to see i'm not the only one who enjoys older games..

The past 5 years or so i have mainly just played my old favourites. Fallout, Monkey Island, FF7/9 ( i'm sure i

would be playing MasterSystem/Dos games if i still had the system for it)

Like yourself stark, however this game turns out  just to see it would be worth the donation. Considering who's

involved in its creation.

I'm curiouse to see in the near future when game ideas start to run out, they will start to remake older games with modern graphics.

Such as the aparent FF7 remake, which may or maynot be a real thing.

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

I am new to this forum as well.For me its games with a Story that's the most important.

Baldurs Gate Sagas were my first games and to this day are still my Favorites.I also loved Icewind Dale.That's why I am so excited for this game.It seems to go back to that kind of play style.

A warm welcome! :)

And I too recognize that lack of something that often makes me switch games nowadays much faster than those golden CRPG oldies. If you have the inclination, check out a thread of mine I started a week ago - Can I Even Handle A Game Like PE Any Longer, where a lot of forumites have contributed to a mostly initiated and interesting discussion about issues like that, and how they wish too see those CRPGs of yore improve in order to better fit in with how they play games nowadays (some, it seems, don't want a change a thing, and that's perfectly fine of course).

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Welcome to the forums, I'm confidant you'll have a blast here.

Oh and spend time on the Off Topic section, we have interesting debates there :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am new to this forum as well.For me its games with a Story that's the most important.

Baldurs Gate Sagas were my first games and to this day are still my Favorites.I also loved Icewind Dale.That's why I am so excited for this game.It seems to go back to that kind of play style.

Welcome to all who are new to the community indeed! It's great to have you and should you need anything, please do let any in the Mod Squad know!

with respect,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Welcome to all who are new to the community indeed! It's great to have you and should you need anything, please do let any in the Mod Squad know!

with respect,

Fionavar

Welcome, hope you enjoy the forums. As I ask all the gold backers... can I borrow some money please?

sonsofgygax.JPG