Middle age parent digging your kids cartoons? Here's a thread for you!

IndiraLightfoot

I can't see what you mean. I was disappointed by it as well, but even the finale dealt with some pretty dark subject matter including genocide and the death penalty. I mean, it dealt with it badly, but it didn't shy away from adult subjects.

I'm talking about the first series now. Korra, on a whole, has been pretty bad. Trying too hard, I feel.

Crappy writing.

Deus Ex Machina from nowhere, forced romance (why does the main rpotagonist ALWAYS haev to get the girl? Even if he's 12? Really......), avoidance of actual tacking of those subjects.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Really? All-Star Superman? That was the worst DC animated movie yet. Story was ass, combined with them trying to reproduce Frank Quitely's terrible art. It was just a big ball of terrible.

I was told this was a cool thread.

Apparently, I was lied to.

• Like 2

Really? All-Star Superman? That was the worst DC animated movie yet. Story was ass, combined with them trying to reproduce Frank Quitely's terrible art. It was just a big ball of terrible.

I was told this was a cool thread.

Apparently, I was lied to.

It is a cool thread. Wait till you see the uncool ones. They have exploding onanists.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm not a parent, but I'm enjoying The Clone Wars. I heard it got better as the series went along and I'm having to agree. Though the fact that season 2 has submarine episode, Seven Samurai episode, and a King Kong/Godzilla two parter back to back is kind of off-putting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My kids are still young enough that they're still in their Disney Junior/Treehouse phase, although my daughter has got to be close to leaving that. My 2yr old is downright obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

It's cool, it's just that people here can get a bit... heated. Especially Oerwinde, who seems to run on comics and cartoons, and gets upset when his fix isn't pure. :D

I just found that one particular DC animated flick to be unwatchably bad, so seeing it get recommended is like seeing someone recommend Gigli. I used to be cooler headed but I'm a bit of a personality sponge and I've soaked up a lot of my co-worker over the years and he's a big ball of flaming rage.

My kids are still young enough that they're still in their Disney Junior/Treehouse phase, although my daughter has got to be close to leaving that. My 2yr old is downright obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine.

that's where my kids are. I have one 5 and one 2, 2 yr olds obsession is Mickey though. Luckily we can access US netflix so his only Mickey fix isn't Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

that's where my kids are. I have one 5 and one 2, 2 yr olds obsession is Mickey though. Luckily we can access US netflix so his only Mickey fix isn't Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I've found some of the older stuff on DVD at Christmas for them. They really liked the Donald/Huey, Louie & Dewey stuff; but not Duck Tales all that much. Perhaps later.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

that's where my kids are. I have one 5 and one 2, 2 yr olds obsession is Mickey though. Luckily we can access US netflix so his only Mickey fix isn't Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I've found some of the older stuff on DVD at Christmas for them. They really liked the Donald/Huey, Louie & Dewey stuff; but not Duck Tales all that much. Perhaps later.

Amazon had Ducktales, Tale Spin, and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers for 6 bucks a season around Boxing Day, so I snagged all of them. Gummi Bears is their favorite though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So I just finished Clone Wars. They got a lot better in that final season. It left me feeling that I wanted to know what happened next.

It's also a far better Star Wars prequel than the actual prequels were. A far better emotional ride and far better story.

I hear mixed reports about there being a partially finished extra season of Clone Wars that isn't being aired because Disney doesn't want there to be any confusion with ep VII

Devastatorsig.jpg

There's going to be a season 6, called Lost Missions or something. It's a smaller season. The only confirmed airdates so far are for Germany.

I don't think anyone's worried about confusion with Episode VII. They cancelled The Clone Wars while in development of season 6 because Disney wanted a Star Wars cartoon on Disney XD, but didn't want to deal with a channel change. So they're creating a new cartoon series for it, Star Wars: Rebels.

And somehow, the team was able to swing it so that they got to finish some of the in-development stories for Season 6 following the cancellation.

Lost missions was just announced as debuting on Netflix in March, along with the rest of the series and the movie. 13 episode season.

Devastatorsig.jpg