alternate crowdfunding

Nick2508

hi fellow backers of eternity. as often pointed out by the developers in many kickstarter projects, cross promotion is very important for the success of a campaign.

i found a little project from some guys from finland that is not exactly a classic rpg, but it has (imo) a great game concept idea and looks and sounds pretty good. they choose another platform than kickstarter and i guess therefore they just didn´t get as much attention as deserved until now. the don´t ask for a giant sum (just 65.000 euro) but only got about 50% of it so far with 5 days left.

so maybe at least some of you like the project and want to support it:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reset--4

sorry again for being way off topic, but i had to try it....

oh, ok. didn´t know that. sorry, but it is good enough to be told about multiple times. maybe mentioning it in the next update by the obsidian guys would reach more people anyways (if it will happen in the next few days).

I doubt the developers pay that close attention to these types of threads.

It says "noir", but it's actually wannabe-neonoir. If you don't even know the terms, how can you abide by them? I hope it fails. Throwing terms you don't even understand means you've no idea what you're talking about and doing.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

It says "noir", but it's actually wannabe-neonoir. If you don't even know the terms, how can you abide by them? I hope it fails. Throwing terms you don't even understand means you've no idea what you're talking about and doing.

great input. maybe you can give us a definition of "noir" and then we all can check for ourselves, if it is used wrong by them.

aside from that nitpicking about a word.....the idea still is great and the looks are very good too....so who cares....aside from you?

Instead of being a jerk on the forums, you could've googled it up, here's the first site that comes up and it has a perfectly clear explanation http://www.differencebetween.net/language/words-language/difference-between-noir-and-neo-noir/

Learn to be polite and stop thrashing out cause somebody doesn't happen to like your pitch. Take in criticism instead of being a jerk, jerk.

Edited by Bester

i did some research but couldn´t come up with an exact definition and your link refers to film-noir, so i´m not sure if applies here, cause i found a lot of other "insert different words"-noir terms that all had different descriptions and most of them contain a lot of debate about their meaning. so it seems to me it is not really possible to judge if something fits the definition or not. in the end noir just means black and it gets used differently by different people.

anyway aside from that discussion, that we could probably go on with for "eternity"....my point was just that your comment (especially the second part of it) wasn´t really necessary. if you don´t like it, fine, your opinion. but what exactly was the point to post it in this thread?

since i checked some of your other post i got an idea of it. seems that you like to be "contra" and provoke people with your comments.

i did some research but couldn´t come up with an exact definition and your link refers to film-noir, so i´m not sure if applies here, cause i found a lot of other "insert different words"-noir terms that all had different descriptions and most of them contain a lot of debate about their meaning. so it seems to me it is not really possible to judge if something fits the definition or not. in the end noir just means black and it gets used differently by different people.

anyway aside from that discussion, that we could probably go on with for "eternity"....my point was just that your comment (especially the second part of it) wasn´t really necessary. if you don´t like it, fine, your opinion. but what exactly was the point to post it in this thread?

since i checked some of your other post i got an idea of it. seems that you like to be "contra" and provoke people with your comments.

So instead of reading my link and trying to understand basic differences between two concepts, you go through my posts and make it about me? Wow. Talk about having a problem, dude. Life must be hard when your complexes of inferiority govern your whole "thinking" system.

Edited by Bester

So instead of reading my link and trying to understand basic differences between two concepts, you go through my posts and make it about me? Wow. Talk about having a problem, dude. Life must be hard when your complexes of inferiority govern your whole "thinking" system.

recently someone gave me the advice "Learn to be polite and stop thrashing out"...maybe you should take a page out of your own book.

i´m not really an extremly active communtiy user in general, so since you are so well informed about definitions....can your behaviour be qualified as the so called "trolling"?