Eternity's captcha is terrebile

sergioj

Hah, not really Obsidian specific because the captcha's are automized but I share your concern. It's only a matter of time the randomized captchas form a sequence that awaken great Cthulhu.

Fact: The captchas we've been typing all of these years that seem like misspellings is actually R'lyehian without the apostrophes.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Doh Captcha...! Yeah, we're using Google's reCaptcha, which is what the forums use (and I agree, they're a pain in the you know what) but I unfortunately had to put that on the Eternity site as well so that the bazillion spambots don't get a sneaky back way in to the forums to post lots of junk here.

I'm hopeful the forum software we use will move away from using it to something easier for us humans to actually use, and I'll move us to that too if that happens.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience of it - it's annoying that it's even necessary. :(

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Doh Captcha...! Yeah, we're using Google's reCaptcha, which is what the forums use (and I agree, they're a pain in the you know what) but I unfortunately had to put that on the Eternity site as well so that the bazillion spambots don't get a sneaky back way in to the forums to post lots of junk here.

I'm hopeful the forum software we use will move away from using it to something easier for us humans to actually use, and I'll move us to that too if that happens.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience of it - it's annoying that it's even necessary. :(

Have y'all considered a suite of randomized questions we should be able to figure out, like "Finish this phrase: Pillars of _______"?  I know lots of people turn to that over Captcha but iGuess it runs the risk of someone really wanting into your system and finding out all the answers.

CORSAIR, n. A politician of the seas. ~The Devil's Dictionary