SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

Yeah, I've never done the process myself. The guide I found said that the ones from Alderaan were only used for the mid level one, and for the +41 ones you need to defeat the force ghost on Ilum.

Of course I didn't read it all the way through. Yeah, you need the ones from Alderaan AND the force ghost. For the +33 ones you only need the Force Ghost-one. Apologies.

No worries. As said, never seen a +33. I've got +16 and +41 magenta schematics (so far) :)

I wonder if somebody can enlighten me about terminology? What the heck is a 'proc'???

As far as I can determine from context, it seems to be something people use to describe the triggered effects that occurs while in combat.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A bit confusing since people use the word both as a verb and a noun (i.e. 'to proc' and 'a proc').

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Trying to answer as much as I can (and hopefully right too XD)

I'm probably a bit old fashioned and wanted "earn" my HK (just like the Tauntauns I've collected, got 5 of them so far)

You actually NEED to go to the questline atleast once before you can throw credits/CC at it.

While I personally think that's a good idea, of course a lot of people too dislike it and just want to throw their cc at it and forgo stupid content.

Who likes content anyway?

:facepalm:

"Why play then?" I always ask myself...

Just to change subject, I've found a place on Alderaan where those purple crystals grow and when going there anyway for GSI missions, I visit the spot and pick one up. Got a handful now. I know I need to do something with them, but not quite sure what. My guess would be Tyhon and/or Korriban (since magenta crystals is an artifice thing, very jedi/sith like), but I don't remember seeing anything there that could process crystals?

Heh, didn't even knew about crystals on Alderaan (did hear about the egg-nodes, but never bothered finding one since the GTN is flooded with them for a very very low price anyway).

I've never seen a +33 schematic, but I got the 3 mid level schematics (endurance, power and critical) and a single higher level schematic. I think it dropped from a HM flashpoint.

World bosses drop schematics for magenta (including for +41). Can be pretty annoying to acquire though thusly. Personally I can't be bothered with them anymore, too much annoyance, very little gain. I wish they redid the world boss system.

The Ghost should be soloable now... was hard for 50, but now we're all 55 of course, with way better gear.

I wonder if somebody can enlighten me about terminology? What the heck is a 'proc'???

It's a status effect that happens on your character, sometimes allowing some boosts.

Generally;

1) Used for relics that have a random chance to trigger ("proc" thus)

2) Effects that can be triggered on your character, allowing a boost on another skill. Generally acquired to the skill tree.

For example;

My shadow has a chance (30%), when attacking an enemy hit with force breach with my standard attack, double attack or finisher move to get a free mind warp. If it's triggered that's called proc.

My maurader has 100% chance upon using jump (in either way) to get a free scream, and a damage boost to smash. 2 procs. He also got a proc that using crush he get's a force reduction cost for smash (which is heavily bugged and exploitable and they never ever fixed).

So it really depends on your class wheter you need to look for procs, or the developers just shafted you (like my shadow). As for relics, they just give their effects, nothing really needed to look out for unlike procs that give other powers a boost, so you should use them in the proper order for maximum effect.

Like Mauraders using jump, crush, then smash (for 66% bonus damage) then getting ANOTHER free smash from the same crush since BioWare can't fix their exploits, and thus smashmonkeys being so powerful in PVP... *sigh*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Like Mauraders using jump, crush, then smash (for 66% bonus damage) then getting ANOTHER free smash from the same crush since BioWare can't fix their exploits, and thus smashmonkeys being so powerful in PVP... *sigh*

Actually, even if this bug exists (haven't seen it myself, but haven't really looked for it either) it would actually have almost zero impact on rage specs performance. The limiting factor of Rage is the cooldown on Smash, not how long it takes you to build the stacks, since you get that both from crush and berserk. Which means every single time smash comes off cooldown you'll have your three stacks regardless.

Rage is powerful in pvp because it's high on demand aoe burst and with good survivability cooldowns. Though if they don't get to hit multiple people with their smashes, their damage output is a lot worse and they become less of a threat.

In regards to proc, even though I think it's technically accurate that it also is a nme for abilities that have something happen 100% of the time, in my experience it's rarely used that way. Proc is more used when talking about things that have a chance to happen. Ie procs is something you have to pay attention to, not something you can rely on.

You actually NEED to go to the questline atleast once before you can throw credits/CC at it.

While I personally think that's a good idea, of course a lot of people too dislike it and just want to throw their cc at it and forgo stupid content.

Who likes content anyway?

:facepalm:

"Why play then?" I always ask myself...

Indeed. I already got him once, but as said, wanted the republic side covered too. Then I've probably had it with scouring Hoth and Temple Grounds for bits and pieces :grin:

World bosses drop schematics for magenta (including for +41). Can be pretty annoying to acquire though thusly. Personally I can't be bothered with them anymore, too much annoyance, very little gain. I wish they redid the world boss system.

The Ghost should be soloable now... was hard for 50, but now we're all 55 of course, with way better gear.

Ah, so I could have gotten him from the Hoth or Belsavis world bosses. It was a while ago and I just emailed it to my Sith warrior who hung unto it until he had the required Artifice skill to learn the schematic.

As for 'proc'... no little wonder it confused me if it doesn't have a single, but multiple uses :)

In completely unrelated news, my smuggler girl is now level 50. Decent timing when starting out on Belsavis, as Section X is just around the corner when going there anyway.

Having a bit of spare time last night, I started a new character on Harbinger and played a Sith warrior up to level 10 and chose marauder as advanced class. Time to get serious about my broad chested, dual axe wielding barbarian. I know, I had a Jedi Sentinel in mind originally, but honestly, the fire effect is just more impressive looking on a barbarian ;)

Since nobody in my guild has any high level republic toons, I'm still considering moving my commando to that server too. Covering more ground that way.

Speaking of my commando... only needed one last bit (loyalty chip) for his own HK droid. Went off and played HM Maelstroem Prison. Made it to the end. Right clicked on flashing grey box next to flashpoint exit doorway and thought all was good and walked through doorway. Guess what?... no HK part. Apparently just right clicking on box isn't enough. Probably one of those where you have to do it twice (once for open, once for pickup). I guess I have to do it again :down:

Tried my hand at the force ghost on Ilum (for the magenta crystal), just to test the waters so to speak. Hehe.... got my butt so royally kicked, I'm sure I still got blue and yellow bruises on my rear. I think I need to get at least another person, preferably two to help out with that one :)

Other than that, it was an early Sunday spent mostly walking a few toons through various flashpoints. Generally easier at those times for the sheer number of people playing and queuing. Splurged a bit on the GTN and completed my collection of ride-able animals (added the Dewback to the Varactyls and Zeldrate).

Edit: Spent some time in the supplies section of Fleet and checked what my commendations can buy me (now and later the elite and ultimate ones). Frankly, it sucks. I wonder who thought a tank needs criticals, accuracy, surge and what have you? I want damage mitigation, not being a jack of all trades and master of none. Feels like an effin bard.

Hm, where do you find the force ghost on Ilum? and the magenta crystal recipes these days?

I've been working on my post 50 artifice recipes with my SI now that I've got it up to 450 skill, have a bunch of blue and purple enhancements now, even a few hilt recipes like that, but I've noticed there don't seem to be any crystal recipes for that.. Just the +41 Critical/Power that have been around for aaaages.

Tried out the group finder for a bit over the weekend, and kept getting sent to the Czerka Labs and Meltdown. Seem's the [Hard] 50 flashpoints just don't turn up, although I did find out what [Hard] 55 Hammer Station is like....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The ghost spawns almost in the middle of the map, a bit SSW of the imperial outpost.

It's a "depleted crystal" or some such. Stands out a bit in the snow landscape. You need to have shock frozen water (moisture collected on Tattooine and brought to Hoth's mountains) in your inventory to get the crystal. Also needs some pristine adegan crystals which are found on Alderaan and refined on either Tython or Korriban together with some other stuff (as in my screenshot). The schematics seems to be a rare drop from some a few sources. The low level ones (+16) drops regularly from the world bosses (trapjaw, ulgo siegebreaker etc.). Not 100% sure where I got the +41 from. I did hang onto it for a while because none of my toons had sufficient skill. Could have been a high level WB or a HM flashpoint possibly.

Double XP weekend... and a long weekend at that. Well, at least the negative impact is just about non-existent this time. I'm even going to use it a bit to my advantage. Having a couple of max level characters, they just gain additional legacy points, which is all good. My two mid level 40 characters (Sniper and Sith Warrior) will probably get a bit of screen time and see if I can't push them over the line to level 50 (because past experience has taught me that bit feels like it takes forever (need gazillions of xp) and the difference in playstyle between 45 and 50 is neglible, as you don't really get many more "new" abilities).

It just gets expensive to pick up all those ability upgrades as you hit those levels. Especially 50. ;)

Hm, been running through some of the Elder Game stuff with my SI. Definitely noticed that groupfinder seems to be throwing Czerka flashpoints up a hellava lot more often then any of the others. I guess everyone's focusing on those of late?

Still, how my new fashion runs..:

SI-Drayke_zps19dbb60a.jpg

Oddly enough,  not my experience... while Czerka was hot before, now it generally gives Athis... A LOT.

It used to be only Czerka since they're needed for the Czerka weekly (and of course HM instead of SM for the 0/3 HM quest), but I guess people started doing it less when their rep got maxed.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Czerka (like the changes to Esseles/Black Talon) is "class less". That means you don't need a tank, two dps and a healer for it to pop. Been there with 4 dps, which does tend to make the queue go faster.

HM is still class based... and considering the only way to log for SM is just those 2 ("Hey, why do I only get the 2 I logged for?") I suspect the HM-random is used here ;)

^

Yeah, sounds about right. My level 55 trooper ended up there with 3 other DPS guys through the queue. By accident no less, as I thought I was only queuing for HM Maelstrom Prison (which I need to run again to get that elusive HK part I forgot after completing it specifically for that purpose). Hadn't noticed that I had left a tick in the CZ flashpoints. They probably default to SM.

Nope, HM and SM Czerka are 2 different options entirely (one granting 10 elite comms, one granting 10 basic).

^

Yeah, I've been ticking all of them bar the Operation stack, and so far I've ended running the two czerka fps (in SM and HM) about a dozen times, while I've gotten [HM 55] Hammer Station once. If I don't have Czerka ticked, it pretty much goes an hour or two without showing any group action...

Okay, yeah, then it can be as Gorth said, the sm fp's hitting all the time since they wont require a tank or healer...

Though oddly enough I sometimes ended up with 2 tanks. What the hell?

^

Well, thanks to a special "buy 30 days, get 60 days" promo I am subscriber again (for 60 days that is).

I spend way too much money on this game 0_o

^

You are one of Biowares favourite customers :p

My trooper got his own HK finally. As I suspected, right clicking the box at the exit of Maelstroem Prison isn't enough, it just opens the box. Then you have to click the datacron inside the box (and hoping the FP story owner hasn't left before you make your way up there) for the loyalty chip. Using the double XP a bit, my Sith Warrior is now level 48.5. You can only push the fast leveling so far though, as eventually the curve flattens out a bit (because nothing you do really gives any exp then). Maybe he should grind some flashpoints and space missions for the rest level and a half.

Not what you think if you hear some people talk about preferred status players.

Also, using this opportunity to spam BioWare with whatever bug I find while playing. I love it! XD Probably the best thing about subbing, hehe.

Also used the XP boostage. Together with zbyl2 entered Makeb at lvl 48, ended at lvl 54.

^

I've never reported bugs on their website, but I probably got about a dozen in game bug reports filed (getting the standard bot answer with stuff passed on to QA).

The Diabloist hood us still fubar as is the jacket for for the (now two) formal tuxedos (emphasized in the second bug report when second set got released that it's only messed up for female body type 1, which just so happens to be Mako and Kaliyo). Risha is unselectable from the character companion tab half the times you log in (you can equip your other companions but not her, next and previous buttons just bypasses her) and so on. Tonnes of little niggly bits.