Recently finished replaying Infinity Engine games

I found out about this project a few months ago and all I can say is thank you! My checking account will say thank you soon too.

In fact, I got so excited I replayed all the Infinity Engine games.

The only real issue I had playing was the pathing and party selection options. This is very important since you're constantly moving your party around.

I read somewhere the game will feature customizable formations but I believe the issue is deeper than that. Something like control groups that auto follow (like Warcraft 3) would help a ton and make sure your vulnerable robe wearers don't out-pace the ironclad.

If the map design includes narrow hallways for strategy, which is cool, then make sure it's not overly painful to move through them.

Can't wait to play! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I shall now most cruelly traumatise you: Firewine bridge ruins!

Yes the pathfinding is the most glaring issue, rather irritating what. 

Edit: Still expect the chaps have learned a trick or two since then.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Very off-topic: I just realized Nonek's avatar is faintly smiling. I've always just assumed that in keeping with his status as an Englishman, it was frowning disapprovingly.

On-Topic: I recently started playing BGT, but got distracted. I hope they improve combat.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Very off-topic: I just realized Nonek's avatar is faintly smiling. I've always just assumed that in keeping with his status as an Englishman, it was frowning disapprovingly.

On-Topic: I recently started playing BGT, but got distracted. I hope they improve combat.

Considering he is smiling ironically and about to die in that scene I don't think his avatar is off base at all :p

For narrow corridors, I go with the one that has the tighter lateral spacing in exchange for a staggered formation, like a zig zag.

AKA, Potter Scar formation. 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I'm sure that a couple of playthroughs of BGII EE is going to make the agonizing wait for PEa little easier.

Not if it is anything like the BGEE launch, or Atari gets pissy and doesn't let them patch it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I just finished another reply of BGEE. An interesting element for me was to compare the behavior of the non-hostile NPCs in the game to those of more recent systems such as Oblivion, and see how the art has progressed. In other respects, the game has stood the test of time quite well, even if the AD&D class system kind of blows.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

The only real issue I had playing was the pathing and party selection options. This is very important since you're constantly moving your party around.

I read somewhere the game will feature customizable formations but I believe the issue is deeper than that. Something like control groups that auto follow (like Warcraft 3) would help a ton and make sure your vulnerable robe wearers don't out-pace the ironclad.

I'm also replaying the Infinity Engine games (a popular thing to do apparently) and I'm far more concerned with pacing than breaking formation in tight corridors. Somehow, don't ask me how, my back two party members(read: fragile casters) often got to my rallying point first. That resulted in more than a few mad scrambles as a tender mage was expected to take on a couple skeleton warriors or umber hulks all on their lonesome.