Just curiouse on who backs 10K

If I could have afforded it (which is not the same as being able to pay it) I absolutely would have paid the big bucks, being able to design something that will actually get played by a large audience? Count me in! It'd be so cool! I'd design and name an NPC, an artifact, a portrait, design a tavern (hell yeah!) AND design an enemy adventure company (badass!)

Perhaps its good that I'm poor then. But man, having something go from my brain to your screen, and (hopefully) see it appreciated, I completely understand it if someone wealthy enough would pay for the privilege.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

wonder if guys like mencar pebblecrusher and del (were included in bg2) knew that getting an npc named after them were worth $1k. "interplay," such as it is nowadays, just might try to bill them.

HA! Good Fun!

I hope they try to do that to Lanfear.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

wonder if guys like mencar pebblecrusher and del (were included in bg2) knew that getting an npc named after them were worth $1k. "interplay," such as it is nowadays, just might try to bill them.

HA! Good Fun!

I hope they try to do that to Lanfear.

dave said she were somewhat humorless 'bout her inclusion. being charged $1k might just result in a teutonic rage spiral o' epic proportions... or a hizzy fit. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Lanfear? Will Robert Jordan's widow have to get in on the rock-paper-scissors battle over who gets to bill? Or is that not also a reference to an Interplay "asset"?

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Lanfear? Will Robert Jordan's widow have to get in on the rock-paper-scissors battle over who gets to bill? Or is that not also a reference to an Interplay "asset"?

Lanfear was an old poster from Germany who frequented the old Black Isle/Interplay boards during the BG days. She was obsessed with the Coran character and wanted to romance the guy. Gaider in those days actually included some of the more memorable posters on those boards and included them into the games -Mencar, Del, Gromnir, and Lanfear.

As a joke, Dave created a love triangle between Lanfear, Safana, and Coran, that ultimately led to the murder of Coran. The real Lanfear was not amused and apparently found it insulting instead of finding it funny and or flattered.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Ahh, I see. I just recognized the name as a character from the Wheel of Time book series, and knew nothing of the relationship between poster names and included game characters, 8P. Thanks for the lesson, ^_^

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I know Steve Dengler (founder of xe.com) put up 10k for DoubleFine Adventure, Torment, and Veronica Mars. Not sure if or how much he put in for PE.

Based on Satellite Reign update #15 he put in for Project Eternity.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign/posts?page=5

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

If I could have afforded it (which is not the same as being able to pay it) I absolutely would have paid the big bucks, being able to design something that will actually get played by a large audience? Count me in! It'd be so cool! I'd design and name an NPC, an artifact, a portrait, design a tavern (hell yeah!) AND design an enemy adventure company (badass!)

Perhaps its good that I'm poor then. But man, having something go from my brain to your screen, and (hopefully) see it appreciated, I completely understand it if someone wealthy enough would pay for the privilege.

JFSOCC, that's defeatist talk. You could take a loan and then donate 10K? I don't think you are committed enough to the PE  project, I'm disappointed in you !!!!

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If I win the lottery before P:E 2 comes out (or an expansion or something), and it's Kickstarted, and there's a 10K tier, I'm going to max out the limit of 10K pledges, by myself. That'll save on all that plane fuel for a bunch of people having to fly out, and I can design 10+ assets for the game.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! *lightning strike + thunder*