BREAK BREAK - 'Total Domination' warning

I just noticed an ad for a game called 'Total Domination' that is using what is clearly stolen GW artwork to promote its' game.

pic1727434_md.jpg

It even has the tac unit markings!

I wouldn't touch YOUR computer with any outfit that is thieving material like this. Thought I should flag it up, even though warnings are cropping up in many other places.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The trailer is epic

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is this some Facebook style game?  I have seen a lot of "Your friends won't be seeing much of you" types of ads there.

I've always taken that to mean that as soon as you sign up and they have your information, they send someone to your home to kidnap you.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gee, I wonder if they are related to Imperium: Galactic War? Must have just changed their name.

gDJknzt.jpg

zTcfsPz.jpg

They also had the space marine one, but I don't have a picture of that one. For those that don't recognize the second image, it's a Terran Medic fan art image from Starcraft 2.

Edited by Deraldin

I can probably pass on the Mass Effect one if I can get a more solid source :biggrin:

Sorry, the only information I have is that the ad was running on Neogaf around a month ago. I haven't seen it in awhile. I talked a little bit with Calax about it on Steam.

Ok. But I'm right, aren't I?

Any outfit shady enough to blatantly steal IP shouldn't be trusted.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why was this worthy of a thread again ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gee, I wonder if they are related to Imperium: Galactic War? Must have just changed their name.

gDJknzt.jpg

zTcfsPz.jpg

They also had the space marine one, but I don't have a picture of that one. For those that don't recognize the second image, it's a Terran Medic fan art image from Starcraft 2.

More than anything, I'm curious what "publication" named Imperium Galactic War Game of the Year 2013.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why was this worthy of a thread again ? :p

Because the forum's members might like to be forewarned?

-Elwood Blues

gDJknzt.jpg

zTcfsPz.jpg

More than anything, I'm curious what "publication" named Imperium Galactic War Game of the Year 2013.

Imperium Galactic Online Magazine? The Hoboken Auto Trader? Chang's Chinese Takeout Menu?

I thought given it's title, it could have been Plagiarists Monthly, but there is no original, unique content in there at all.

-------------

I also love how "they" know there wont be a better game out this year. Let's just award it right now!

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

How DARE you, sir!?  How dare you besmirch the good name of The Hoboken Auto Trader?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bah, as if these ubermensch would fall for nonsense like this.

Bah, as if these ubermensch would fall for nonsense like this.

I'd say our members - me included - would fall for *Error. Out of convoluted similes*

-Elwood Blues

This reminds me of those old Evony ads exploting sex.  These days, I guess Wartune, whatever the **** that is, is the champion in that area:

tumblr_maextqVaAZ1r82nako1_400.png

jRKfjuJ.jpg

I have to admit that "Our sun-kissed skin so hot...  Will melt your popsicle!" is a pretty fantastic slogan.

:wowey:

On the one hand, I still remember the name Evony, so I guess the ads worked in that regard.  On the other hand, I never played the game or clicked on any of the ads, so...

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

This reminds me of those old Evony ads exploting sex.  These days, I guess Wartune, whatever the **** that is, is the champion in that area:

tumblr_maextqVaAZ1r82nako1_400.png

jRKfjuJ.jpg

I have to admit that "Our sun-kissed skin so hot...  Will melt your popsicle!" is a pretty fantastic slogan.

:wowey:

On the one hand, I still remember the name Evony, so I guess the ads worked in that regard.  On the other hand, I never played the game or clicked on any of the ads, so...

Hah! I remember those. I was so disappointed when it turned out to be a generic build a medieval town simulator.

Katy Perry California Gurls.

No wonder I never heard it before.  I suppose that as long as you're blatantly and shamelessly using sex to try to push your undoubtedly microtransactioned to death game, you might as well rip off crappy bubble gum pop lyrics while you're at it.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸