Hurlshot's Summer RV Trip 2013 Edition

Hurlshort

I feel like I've been on vacation reading this thread. Minus the road fatigue and depleted savings account. :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Coloma is by FAR closer than Empire. It's about 15 minutes from Placerville (along 49 I believe), empire is... an hour or two (?) probably less.

If you go to Coloma, you're gonna have to match that with Sutters Fort in Sac proper.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

IIRC they don't let you go into the actual mine, just kinda wander the outside buildings and down a wee bit of the main shaft. 

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watch out for Deathclaws...

...and wannamingos, don't forget the wannamingos

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nice, nice! Bryce Canyon would be the most amazing geology in the West if it weren't for that other big hole sorta nearby.  :geek: Well, and Yosemite. And those deep underground caverns in New Mexico, with the gigantic crystals. Actually, Yellowstone, too. And Death Valley. Man, it's beautiful out here. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

The kids are a bit skittish about mines and caves at this age though.

I'm a bit skittish about mines and caves at this age. ;)

They are cool, tho. I've been in/walked around a few in my life, and the things to see in some of them are pretty awesome, like the rock formations. The Fern Grotto in Hawaii was my favorite, although to my flimsy memory that wasn't a "serious" cave. I was sad to hear it was so damaged during a hurricane.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watch out for Deathclaws...

...and wannamingos, don't forget the wannamingos

Man, those 'mingos were a heck of a surprise, weren't they?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.