[New Game+] Are you for or aginst ?!

New game +  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or aginst New Game+ feature ? (if devs have recorces)

2. 2. IF a New game+ is gonna be added what shoud it provide ? (multi)

• I want to inherit levels from previos game.
    • Inherit items
    • New Game+ shoud unlock new items
    • New Game+ shoud unlock new monsters, enemys.
    • New Game+ shoud unlock new events, quests etc
    • New Game+ shoud unlock new endings.
    • New Game+ shoud "lock" something for example some previous events etc.
    • Inherit characters "fame" and influence (if it is) with companions
    • New Game+ shoud unlock special abilitis (from other class or others)
    • other
  3. 3. Are you for New Game++ option or New Game +++ oprion ? (third play thru fourth etc)

• Yes i for it 100%
    • No ... please ... noooo!!!
    • Other

"Didn't you plunge your sword through my skull and kill me the last time we met?"

"Yes."

"Well that wasn't very nice, was it?"

"I, uh, I guess not."

"D'you go around stabbing every random berk you meet?"

"...I should really get going."

• Like 1

"Didn't you plunge your sword through my skull and kill me the last time we met?"

"Yes."

"Well that wasn't very nice, was it?"

"I, uh, I guess not."

"D'you go around stabbing every random berk you meet?"

"...I should really get going."

"Ohh, you're too good to kill me now, is it? Mister 'I went and beat the game already and came back all uber and junk' thinks I'm not worth his time to just stab and corpse loot. Oh I get it now, now that 3 gold is a fraction of your net worth you can't be bothered with rolling me in an alley and stuffing my still-warm corpse through a sewer grate..."

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Oh my God, if the game turned into a Monty Python-style parody of itself in the New Game +, I would be all over that. It would be an absolutely pointless feature for anything beyond pure entertainment value, and I would not care less.

"Help! I'm being oppressed! I'm being oppressed!"

:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVED Darksouls, but I feel the most natural thing to do after you beat this game is create a new character with a new pathos and try things a different way. When I experience a new play-through of Project Eternity I'd prefer to not have all the challenges become even harder, when I may have already beaten it with on Ironman Hardcore Mode.

While I've played multiple RPGs multiple times, I've never ever used a New Game Plus mode even when it's available. I'm fine with restarting with a new character over and over, in fact that's a lot of the fun for me. And, at least in my head, new game plus seems to be for those who want more but just can't let their character and all that loot go and start over.

While I wish those players the best and that every game could instantly have an infinite new game plus mode without effort or time, whatever the reason they want it, I'm fresh out of genies. So instead new game plus for PE would take up time and effort otherwise put towards making everyone's "fresh start" playthrough all the better. And I'd rather that "fresh start" playthrough be all the better than have a feature I'd never use.

Edited by Frenetic Pony

I think New Game+ has no place in a role-playing game. There should absolutely not be any exclusive content locked away in a New Game+ mode. The incentive to create a new game should be diverse classes that offer a range of customization in how you build them, and lots and lots of choices with far-reaching consequences.

And starting a new game with your level 20 (speculative) character would just be pointless, as you take away progression. Obsidian would have to up the difficulty of the whole game and rebalance everything for levels 20-30 (speculative) for this second playthrough - and this would just be a waste of time and resources better spent on choices, their consequences, and character build customization.

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

Old DnD games had import character option in them which could be viewed as prototype for new game+ so I dont see a reason why that wouldn't be implemented yet again. It doesn't look like its something that should be to hard.

If they do new game + in addition to the stuff already announced for the difficulty modes, I'd prefer a unlock of either a new class or race with special ability's. Possibly an anti hero. 

I would be disappointed if they hid content behind NG+. Though I understand wanting to encourage players to play the game a certain way (on the hardest difficulty), it was always annoying to need to beat a game again to unlock a more full ending ala Shadows of the Empire and Call of Cthulhu : Dark corners of the earth. A new class or race would be too substantial to hide behind the end-game screen, IMHO.

I kinda like how they did this in Mass Effect 2. Every time you played a new game "plus," I'm pretty sure you got to change your class if you wanted to (so basically make a "new" character), and you got to choose an additional "weapon proficiency," basically (because weapon types were class-restricted in that). So, in the context of that game, it didn't really make everything WAY super easier or anything, as you could still only ever use one weapon at a time. But, it DID give you another option throughout that entire playthrough. For example, my "Mage" (Biotic), who was restricted to pistols and submachine guns, got to use a sniper rifle, also, in my 2nd playthrough.

Granted, I think the whole "You start at the same level you were when you ended the last playthrough!" and other such things are completely unnecessary in a cRPG. Also, I'm not trying to suggest that Mass Effect was a similar game to what P:E's going to be, or that P:E should look to Mass Effect for its general design in any way.

I just think that, something as minor-yet-nifty in the context of P:E would be pretty cool. Maybe a bonus feat at creation or something? Or an additional background/trait? I don't think that would wreck the status-quo, and it'd be a nice little "Hey, you totes did much of this once before, all the way through, so here's a little something on the house to make going through this tale a second time a bit more fun."

It could still be optional, of course.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I kinda like how they did this in Mass Effect 2. Every time you played a new game "plus," I'm pretty sure you got to change your class if you wanted to (so basically make a "new" character), and you got to choose an additional "weapon proficiency," basically (because weapon types were class-restricted in that). So, in the context of that game, it didn't really make everything WAY super easier or anything, as you could still only ever use one weapon at a time. But, it DID give you another option throughout that entire playthrough. For example, my "Mage" (Biotic), who was restricted to pistols and submachine guns, got to use a sniper rifle, also, in my 2nd playthrough.

Granted, I think the whole "You start at the same level you were when you ended the last playthrough!" and other such things are completely unnecessary in a cRPG. Also, I'm not trying to suggest that Mass Effect was a similar game to what P:E's going to be, or that P:E should look to Mass Effect for its general design in any way.

I just think that, something as minor-yet-nifty in the context of P:E would be pretty cool. Maybe a bonus feat at creation or something? Or an additional background/trait? I don't think that would wreck the status-quo, and it'd be a nice little "Hey, you totes did much of this once before, all the way through, so here's a little something on the house to make going through this tale a second time a bit more fun."

It could still be optional, of course.

This is how I feel. All I want is for my completed playthroughs to be acknowledged by the game. It doesn't have to be anything major. Hell, even a little "CLEAR DATA" tag attached to my save file would be enough.