Xbox 720 Reveal

I dunno why people FEAR Kinect, it's just as harmless as your phone and you will have full control of what data you will send.

http://asia.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-confirms-privacy-policy-for-xbox-one-6409427/
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-attempts-to-calm-xbox-one-privacy-worries-6408951

Besides, putting spycams are bad for business and MS is a business. They won't do that.
Even PRISM data are obtained through legal means and the American Congress knew and approve this. The world is not that romantic.

• Like 1

I don't know about you, but unless I pick it up and press the "talk" button on my phone, it doesn't listen to, or respond to anything I say.

Either way, it's only good as a dance game peripheral, and shouldn't be mandatory for squat, except Just Dance 5.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Besides, putting spycams are bad for business and MS is a business. They won't do that.

Learning the habits of potential customers have proven to be very good for business.

MS will do it if they think they can get away with it.

Learning the habits of potential customers have proven to be very good for business.

:lol: Kinect must check in and report on you at least once a day in order for you to be able to play your games.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Yeah, unless it blatantly disregards American's fourth amendment, then it's bad for Americans, their main customers.

Anyway, this is irrelevant, It was confirmed that Kinect will have privacy policy which you can adjust.

I don't know about you, but unless I pick it up and press the "talk" button on my phone, it doesn't listen to, or respond to anything I say.

Either way, it's only good as a dance game peripheral, and shouldn't be mandatory for squat, except Just Dance 5.

They confirmed that it will only hear you saying the magic keyword to turn it on. That's more like turning the lamp on with a clap. In standby mode, they simply can't send data through the Internet, nor they can process every sound that they hear..

Oh ye of little faith, I'm actually waiting for horror/action games that can adjust the gameplay based on my heart beat, or fighting games that deals dynamic damage based on my muscle force.

Just Dance is also nice though.

Edited by exodiark

:lol: Kinect must check in and report on you at least once a day in order for you to be able to play your games.

Which is negligible if you have constant internet connection. Besides, it's not like you're forced to check in everyday. Just check in if you want to play games.

Example:

Monday - Check In

Tuesday - Friday - Busy, didn't check in

Saturday - Check in and play games.

Sunday - Check in and play games.

You still have the choice of not checking in. If you're in a pinch, you can always tether your phone, the bandwidth needed to check in won't be big I think, it's more like signing in to Google or something. If you don't have phone reception or internet connection, then this console is simply not for you. You still have the option of not buying it.

For me, Kinect 2.0 and the cloud computing outweighs the hassle of checking in. Most of the time, it's not even a hassle.

Eventually Kinect will also tuck you in at night and read you a bedtime story, or can it already do that?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Which is negligible if you have constant internet connection. Besides, it's not like you're forced to check in everyday. Just check in if you want to play games.

Example:

Monday - Check In

You still have the choice of not checking in. If you're in a pinch, you can always tether your phone, the bandwidth needed to check in won't be big I think, it's more like signing in to Google or something. If you don't have phone reception or internet connection, then this console is simply not for you. You still have the option of not buying it.

For me, Kinect 2.0 and the cloud computing outweighs the hassle of checking in. Most of the time, it's not even a hassle.

OR

You can buy PS4 and

Monday - Sunday: Play games without the need of internet connection

Who would ever thought of that gaming can be so simple :o

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Exactly, nobody is forcing people to buy X1.
Some, like me, simply like kinect 2 and the potential it could bring, so we choose X1. And connecting to Internet is cheap and painless anyway, so the complaints are waaaay overblown. Steam did this to PC gamers and they still have truckload of subscribers.

Edited by exodiark

Well, steam didn't have the nerve to ask you to pay for their "service".

Besides, I'll buy a PS4 simply because my summer house doesn't have internet. It's nice to relax with a game in the evening after some work around the place, and the xbox just doesn't allow me to do that, so meh for them I guess. Good thing steam allows me to play with my laptop without internet aswell.

Edited by Lord of Lost Socks

My thoughts on how character powers and urgency could be implemented:

http://forums.obsidi...nse-of-urgency/

Example:

Monday - Check In

As I have stated earlier here (and elsewhere,) I can probably literally count the number of households in my county outside of the one town that can even use it, because there isn't reasonably affordable reliable high speed internet. Although, I just checked, and the price of the infrastructure for it to be installed in my home has just dropped in price by $100 - to $499, with a 3 yr contract. For what the Xbone says it recommends (1.5Mbs). That only costs $60/month - 20 GB max/month $3.50/GB thereafter.

A lot of us just go elsewhere to use the internet (work, family, friends, restaurant w/wifi in the city...)

It's a strange route they've gone, intentionally shutting out entire consumer bases. I guess there's always the 360, eh Mattrick? No need for all us yokels to enjoy graphics from the last couple of years on a console.

I've only had one Red Ring!

Sometimes its best not to open one's mouth.

Although it does take thick skin to say DEAL WITH IT and attempt to sell another product at the same time.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Sometimes its best not to open one's mouth.

Although it does take thick skin to say DEAL WITH IT and attempt to sell another product at the same time.

I think they just pulled their heads out of their butts for a couple seconds and seen the world from outside of there... and quickly retreated back to where they were the most comfortable. It's kinda like their happy place, and they're used to the smell.

EDIT: Heads up people: Your XBox points money will get converted to real money equivilent some time around the XBone launch, and those dollars will expire within a year.

MS Xbox source

Gametrailers.com article. -  easier to read.

Edited by babaganoosh13

As I have stated earlier here (and elsewhere,) I can probably literally count the number of households in my county outside of the one town that can even use it, because there isn't reasonably affordable reliable high speed internet. Although, I just checked, and the price of the infrastructure for it to be installed in my home has just dropped in price by $100 - to $499, with a 3 yr contract. For what the Xbone says it recommends (1.5Mbs). That only costs $60/month - 20 GB max/month $3.50/GB thereafter.

And it will be pretty easy to go through caps as well. A single instance like what happened to TWitcher2 on steam- multiple 8-9GB patches inside two weeks- and it would be over unless the usage periods were fortuitous. Compulsory patching may seem to be sensible, but if you're on a cap it's a disaster waiting to happen since the result will be either throttling back so far speed wise that it will no longer be over 1.5Mbs-1 or lovely excess charges, $30 would be fairly modest, for me it'd be ~USD80 for a TW2 sized patch.

Example:

Monday - Check In

A lot of us just go elsewhere to use the internet (work, family, friends, restaurant w/wifi in the city...)

It's a strange route they've gone, intentionally shutting out entire consumer bases. I guess there's always the 360, eh Mattrick? No need for all us yokels to enjoy graphics from the last couple of years on a console.

I've only had one Red Ring!

The keyword is "recommend" not "require."

It's easy to see that 1.5 Mbps is needed for cloud computing for graphics, AI, etc, which of course, are all optional.

Checking in will be just as painless as logging in. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine there will b much data to be transferred in checking-in mechanism.

Edited by exodiark

Well, steam didn't have the nerve to ask you to pay for their "service".

Besides, I'll buy a PS4 simply because my summer house doesn't have internet. It's nice to relax with a game in the evening after some work around the place, and the xbox just doesn't allow me to do that, so meh for them I guess. Good thing steam allows me to play with my laptop without internet aswell.

To be fair, you pay for Xbox hardware, not Xbox Live service. I can access Xbox Live for free with my PC (http://www.xbox.com/live/pc).

Xbox live service is free, unless you pay for Xbox Live gold.

Ok, that is such blatant bull****. What are you on about, exodiark? I own an Xbox 360 and I've never bought Live Gold. Now.. explain to me what I can do with my Silver account? All I know is that I can buy **** and watch ads. I can't play my games online, I can't use the internet services (Twitter and.. uh.. does the Xbox have anything else?), I can't do anything. I have never turned on my Xbox just to fool around outside a game. Xbox Live service.. it's actually offensive that they call it that. There is no service at all, unless you pay through your teeth.

My cousin owns a PS3 and the online experience is so different they could be from different worlds. The desert world of Microsoftia and the paradise world of Sonyylderan.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

When used games blocking rumours blew up around Sony I suggested they could sell games for cheaper, getting more revenue for themselves and publishers. I'd laugh if Microsoft turned around a month before release and said "yeah, we're now selling our games at $30-40" when PS4 games are still priced at $60. Sure, people are still going to choose the PS4 because of daily online activation, weaker hardware, and compulsory expensive Kinect crap but it still keeps Microsoft in the game.

Microsoft sell something cheaply?

Hihihihihihi

Maybe, but if they were to drop the price of games they'd have to take it out of their own cut, and that's the only thing that makes a typical console profitable.

I'd laugh if Microsoft turned around a month before release and said "yeah, we're now selling our games at $30-40" when PS4 games are still priced at $60.

That sounds extremely unlikely.

There are already voices insisting that MS is trying to do a 'tail-end' steam-like business model with Xbox one which should mean cheaper games or at least lower bottom prices. The problem is I don't think anyone trusts MS/publishers to lower prices to a level competitive with used games. Edited by pmp10