Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

I just found this thread, and I love getting these little glimpses into the lives of fellow forumites! :)

But you sorely need slightly more mature people in this thread. Brace yourselves for a middle-aged salt-and-pepper parent:

7mt7.jpg

Yes, that's me, on a restaurant with my 10 year old daughter having a laugh (on me, it seems).

One big interest of mine is gardening. Thus, unsurprisingly, I live in the country and I have a big property to give plenty of backyard love. Here are some photos from it.

A gravel and limestone feature, and that's not a sphinx, it's one of our cats, born in our living room, by the sofa:

rrkk.jpg

Same orange tabby, but this time in an armchair:

ib4o.jpg

Roses a few weeks ago! You gotta love them roses.

mn7h.jpg
cqzq.jpg
s162.jpg
2uyh.jpg

One corner of my greenhouse, early spring:

bml0.jpg

Lilac tulips in May:

plb4.jpg

One morning I took this photo through one of my kitchen windows. Spring does this to innocent animals, including hedgehogs:
jyo3.jpg

Living near the Baltic has its perks. The beach walks are pretty stunning where I live, no?

4jd9.jpg

All those insect shots are very impressive. Here's one shabby one. I had to remove a toxic spider of quite some size from my greenhouse. I poked it into a flower pot and dropped it off in a glade:

t31f.jpg

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Brace yourselves for a middle-aged salt-and-pepper parent:

Believe me, I have plenty of grey hair, especially at the temples. It just doesn't show up in dark pics taken in a purple bathroom. :biggrin:

The beach pic is awesome, I'm envious of the size of your yard, and I love the roses. And of course, the cat. :cat:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh. nice skill there. Grey hairs HIPS 57 = Hide In Plain Sight (as long as the light is purple). For me, it's not much use hiding it anymore.

And we have two more cats - two tubbies. You can imagine how they run around playing in the glades and up and down the trees:

atlz.jpg
weresheepcatnew4.jpg

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

One big interest of mine is gardening. Thus, unsurprisingly, I live in the country and I have a big property to give plenty of backyard love. He

Good to hear I'm not the only one with this hobby here. You mentioned you have a greenhouse, what do you grow?

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I don't have a big garden, the only things I grow are parsley, chives and radishes. Oh, and grape leaves.

I do have two apple trees but I don't really think that counts.

I can honestly say that the things I grow taste better than the bought equivalents.

• Like 1

You're a fan of low maintenance vegetables? :p

I can honestly say that the things I grow taste better than the bought equivalents.

Yep, when I compare my fruits and vegetables with the stuff from the grocery store the difference in taste is shocking. Guess the insecticide and ray therapy does have a huge impact on taste. Too bad I can't grow everything I eat.

Actually, I am!

Easy to grow, and I can harvest (don't know if it's the proper term) them more times than I would have expected when I started. it's all my mother's and father's fault. They've been growing stuff since I was a little kid. Made me a picky little boy.

I use my phone!  :aiee:

I don't have a camera on my phone.  Unless I borrow someone's camera and put it on top of my phone, that is.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Woldan: This year, in my greenhouse, you'll find tomatoes and even chili from around the world and three year old grape vines. I also had cucumber in a corner, but it shrivelled up due to disease in the plant I bought. The rest I've grown from scratch, seeds, that is.

Most of the spices and herbs we grow here ourselves, the same goes for fruits and vegetables, like lettuce, Jerusalem artechoke and squash. We also have a strawberry field and apple orchard, tonnes of cherries, pears and raspberries as well. However, my main interest is perennial plants of all sorts. :)

I use my phone!  :aiee:

I don't have a camera on my phone.  Unless I borrow someone's camera and put it on top of my phone, that is.

I'm now convinced this is the phone Amentep owns.

m-Y4QysNC5DkvwgqjGEwnrw.jpg

We had one of these in my Grandparents house.

• Like 2

Alright, photos straight out of this weather-dubious morning. I had taken a long morning walk and saw this when I was near a road:

xtyv.jpg

Speaking of my greenhouse, here are some tomatoes that aren't yet ready (they've been slow coming):

icxe.jpg

The grapes, however, I can tell you are ready and they are sweet and delicious:

6t2m.jpg

Purple cone flowers are lovely. Here you see why they are called cone flowers:

10zu.jpg

fyql.jpg

And here, a bumble bee has taken shelter over the rainy night. They actually sleep in the cone flowers:

nm0m.jpg

My orange tabby and I out picking squash. They are about as big as Woldan's, I reckon. My cat is a neat scale reference:

k80v.jpg

wg3j.jpg

And, finally, here's a weird leaf-like moth sitting on our towels in our bathroom:

p1q8.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, enough with the green..thingies. Where are all the scantily clad ladies?!

Wait.. is this the wrong thread?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Alright, photos straight out of this weather-dubious morning. I had taken a long morning walk and saw this when I was near a road:

My orange tabby and I out picking squash. They are about as big as Woldan's, I reckon. My cat is a neat scale reference:

k80v.jpg

wg3j.jpg

Mine are bigger!  :p  8)  Forearm as scale reference, and I have big forearms. 

zuc1_zpsa9e5cba1.jpg

zuc2_zps0933d83e.jpg

Very nice pics, IndiraLightfoot, I especially love the grapes and I wish I could grow them here, but the climate does not allow it. Our summers are simply too short and changeable. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

To celebrate another 6 months of secured work, I decided to play chef.

2013-08-1512.52.36zdkzx.jpg

2013-08-1512.52.475xjnm.jpg2013-08-1512.43.02loj4r.jpg2013-08-1512.52.54rbjuc.jpg

Yes that is a jar of Nutella. Wanna fight 'bout it? It also gives me a chance to show off my sexy spatula that has served me well for some years now. A good one is a must in every kitchen.

With this, I have several lunches set for the upcoming two months. The good thing is that you could eat this with salad, tsatsiki or just about everything. Even just squeesing the juice out of a lemon on top is great.

I couldn't help myself and decided to try some (four) of them out. Tasty, tasty, tasty!

• Like 5

Woldan: Alright, you're right, those are bigger (You got the brawn, I'd be a fool to argue with you :skeptical: ). Just kidding. I've had a few of those earlier on. Besides, that cat is big, it weighs like eight kilos.  :cat:

Labadal: I was already hungry, and those look delicious. Yum! I have to grab a snack. brb...

*looks at Labadal's pics*

...I have no idea what those little food circles are, but suddenly I'm hungry.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They are very clearly some sort of pasty.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.