Arcoss

How old are you?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 10- 16(My parents don't know)
    • 17- 24
    • 25- 40
    • 41- 59
    • 60+(I was Playing video games were born!)

Maybe we need a 40+ club thread, only for "adults" :p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A few years back I was in Wasaga Beach, a new bar was opening by the beach that my cousin told me was for older people, so that way they had a place were they could feel a bit more comfortable since there are a lot of younger people in all the bars there.

I said something like "Oh, what like 40? I hardly see many middle aged people around here. I could see someone wanting to bring them in."

He said "No, 25."

I felt older that day.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

A few years back I was in Wasaga Beach, a new bar was opening by the beach that my cousin told me was for older people, so that way they had a place were they could feel a bit more comfortable since there are a lot of younger people in all the bars there.

I said something like "Oh, what like 40? I hardly see many middle aged people around here. I could see someone wanting to bring them in."

He said "No, 25."

I felt older that day.

Honestly? That happens here in Iowa. Mainly because the area I'm in is strictly college town, so anyone over 22 is usually in a position where they're either teachers, or government. Between 22 and about 38 there's a tiny population. It's part of the reason I can't wait to get the heck out of here.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have been on this forum for 8 years. I am 21 now.

Feels like a lifetime, doesn't it? :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Only two hours sleep after a night's drinking. I've just been zombied out, drinking tea and cooking all day. I feel as if I _ought_ to die from booze abuse at some stage soon. LOL

Sometimes I can't tell if I drink to get drunk or for the "after-drunk" zombie feelings. Watching movies or listening to music seems so much more rewarding in the latter state.

*big belly laugh*

You may be onto something. Drinking to achieve a hangover is some serious quality command intent. :D

Actually I had the most intense and realistic dreams last night. So maybe getting hoon'd and sleep deprived beforehand is the answer after all.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He said "No, 25."

I felt older that day.

Honestly? That happens here in Iowa. Mainly because the area I'm in is strictly college town, so anyone over 22 is usually in a position where they're either teachers, or government. Between 22 and about 38 there's a tiny population. It's part of the reason I can't wait to get the heck out of here.

Yeah. I never lived there, but my sister did, and my cousin lived in near-by Collingwood. When I was single (and at the tail end before I had my kids) I used to go there all the time. At least twice a month during beach season, and once a month during the off-season.

Wasaga used to have just primarily a seasonal population. However over the last bunch of years, the year-round population started to grow in Wasaga as Collingwood started to expand. Then Wasaga started to expand as well to handle to new year-round population.

I had that conversation 6 years ago (I think.) Since that time, my cousin and his wife moved to the other side of the province. My sister got promoted and moved back to our hometown. I have no idea what that area is like now.

There's a strange thing about hometowns. You are usually happier than heck to get out of them, and when you do, you're usually fine with it. But when you do go back, you usually appreciate it that much more. The biking just wasn't the same in Kitchener as it was in the Georgian Triangle.

I find we don't really have too many dedicated college towns here in southern Ontario like there are in the States. Usually, it is just areas.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

There's a strange thing about hometowns. You are usually happier than heck to get out of them, and when you do, you're usually fine with it. But when you do go back, you usually appreciate it that much more.

That is certainly true. Although I think it's a lot to do with general nostalgia as you get older.

Speaking of which, am I imagining it, or are people getting nostalgic younger these days?

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yes they are, my theory is; that as development speeds up, things stay the same for a shorter and shorter period of time and thus younger people get subjected to the "it ain't what it used to be" effect sooner.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Yes they are, my theory is; that as development speeds up, things stay the same for a shorter and shorter period of time and thus younger people get subjected to the "it ain't what it used to be" effect sooner.

So what you're saying is that TIME isn't what it used to be?

-Elwood Blues

To paraphrase Heraclitus, "You can never step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you" has always been true. I think the only real difference, in this case, is that development makes people notice the difference more, not that it was never different.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm looking forward to the day when I can reply "older than dirt" ... but that day is not quite here yet. 44.

I remember when dirt was this new-fangled invention all those bleeding-edge farmers were trying to push us into adopting...

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."