Forum Update

The Guildmaster

Hey folks,

We did a forum update today. If you see weird stuff, before submitting a new post, please hit Ctrl-F5 to do a full refresh of your browser for this page (or whatever command does a hard refresh for your browser).

If you still see strangeness going on, please either PM me or Fionavar, or leave a note here.

Thanks!

-TG

Hey folks,

We did a forum update today. If you see weird stuff, before submitting a new post, please hit Ctrl-F5 to do a full refresh of your browser for this page (or whatever command does a hard refresh for your browser).

If you still see strangeness going on, please either PM me or Fionavar, or leave a note here.

Thanks!

-TG

When I hit "quote", your post is just indented but I don't see any other obvious indicators of what may make this a quote.  The quote blocks are gone, and there's no line break or anything.  It can be a bit tricky when making a nested quote (multiple people), as well as splitting up the quotes to reply inline more.

Though manually inputing

the quote blocks
still appears to work.

Just maintenance or some new features? Possible to upload other file types? 

*Paste
*Paste as Plain Text
*Paste as Word

Are those new?

*Editor Options" also looks new. Likewise, more "Share" stuff at the bottom?

Or am I just paying attention to this stuff that I didn't before because of the "Maintenance"? :p

Quoting really sucks now, yeah...

:(

EDIT:

[Click the top left "switch" looking button to get it in "code mode." It's what I've been using.

Sweet.

Should have found this thread earlier :(

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Click the top left "switch" looking button to get it in "code mode." It's what I've been using.

Eh, the problem with that is I lose other aspects of convenience with the text editor (I love not having to use [ i] to italicize.  I just use CTRL-I.  TRUST ME THIS IS MUCH BETTER especially when I want to be rather excessive with my italics because the emphasis is so important TO ME!)

>.>

• Like 1

Should look nicer now if you hit Quote. There was some missing CSS from the upgrade and that's been fixed. If you don't see it, hit Ctrl-F5 on your browser (do a hard refresh of the page.)

Also the ugly gold box around the 'edited' messages has been nuked too.

Thanks!

I had to CTRL-F5 but the gold box is gone, thought the quote is still just tabbed text.  It works, and much of it I think is just the "inertia of the status quo" but if you are wanting the quote tags to show up, then in the words of Sgt Schultz: "I see nothing!"

If you're using Chrome (which seems to be showing the old one - I can't repro on IE, FF, or Opera) try this:

Ctrl-Shift-F5.

If that doesn't work, this will:

Hit F12, then right-click on the Refresh button, and select 'Empty Cache and Hard Reload'.

I seem to be on Firefox 18.0 (although it says it's "applying update" right now haha).  Let me restart....

EDIT: Still no dice Chicago.  18.0.1 and I just see the text tabbed :S

Edited by alanschu

If you're using Chrome (which seems to be showing the old one - I can't repro on IE, FF, or Opera) try this:

Ctrl-Shift-F5.

Hit F12, then right-click on the Refresh button, and select 'Empty Cache and Hard Reload'.

I seem to be on Firefox 18.0 (although it says it's "applying update" right now haha).  Let me restart....

The boxes definitely work in Internet Explorer (wow looks schnazzy!)

Although, in retrospect, my Firefox at work has been a bit wonky....

I'll confirm if I am having the issues when I get home.

Ctrl-Shift-F5.

The boxes definitely work in Internet Explorer (wow looks schnazzy!)

Although, in retrospect, my Firefox at work has been a bit wonky....

I'll confirm if I am having the issues when I get home.

I have the same issue. Also using Firefox 18.0.1 here. Was wondering what was going on with the quote boxes the other day.

In respect to quoting - the format is different when replying, but the appropriate code in place after posting. Does this address the concern Deraldin?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

A tip, ad a query parameter to the css url that you change when making changes in the file. That will make browsers think it's a new file, since they go by the url to see if they should use the cached version.

It's done on editor.css, but not dark_editor.css and prettify.css

So something like

prettify.css?v=27.01

or

dark_editor.css?v=32.19

should help.

Looking closer, maybe prettify.css actually already has this done, the url is a bit strange (since it's php generated), but dark_editor.css doesn't for sure.

It's still functional when looking at the reply box, but it's more annoying to use. The quote box below this message is totally invisible when creating a reply in Firefox. If you are going for WYSIWYG in the reply box, could we get the quote labels added in so that we can see who wrote what message. It's not a problem when only quoting one person, but with nested quotes or multi-quotes I'd rather not have to scroll back or or hit the back button in order to figure who said what.

It's an issue with dark_editor.css (and possibly other theme css) not updating properly, even if you use ctrl+f5.

I opened the css-file in a tab of it's own, used ctrl+f5 there and then reloadd this page, and now it looks like it should in FF as well.

I think the cause is that the css is loaded by javascript after the page loads (editors like this typically work that way) and as such when the browser is fetching new uncached data, the link the the needed css simply isn't there, and once it gets added the browser is no longer forcing the cache to be updated (since it already has been).

My suggestion above would solve that problem (and is an industry standard way of doing it)

Thanks Spider - I added a version param to the editor's JS. Hopefully that'll fix everyone up!

So... since you're here. I just tried using it. I'm getting the quote box, but not the "quoted from" portion. I'm using Firefox 18.0.1. Cleared cache and did a hard reset.

As in, I'll see the box where the quote is but I don't see who worte it.

Edit: So I tried doing some nested quotes. Can't really see who wrote what until after it's published.

Testing 1

Testing 21

Testing 31

>>>

Testing 41

Edited by Hormalakh

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Thanks Spider - I added a version param to the editor's JS. Hopefully that'll fix everyone up!

So... since you're here. I just tried using it. I'm getting the quote box, but not the "quoted from" portion. I'm using Firefox 18.0.1. Cleared cache and did a hard reset.

As in, I'll see the box where the quote is but I don't see who worte it.

Edit: So I tried doing some nested quotes. Can't really see who wrote what until after it's published.

>Testing 1

Testing 21

Testing 31

>>>>

Testing 41

For some reason the code is missing the 'cite' on top of each quote. Looking into why that is...

Let me know and I can test it :thumbsup:

Just verifying that (without any refreshes) I know get the border around the quote.  But yeah, don't know from whom.  Which usually isn't a concern for me as I don't put from whom 99% of the time anyways :-

A picture is worth a large word count...

2013-01-19_175330.png

While it is now possible to see the level of nesting, there is no "author" until you have submitted the post.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein