Fallout 4 Obsidian Petition

WastelandShadow

I like Bethesda, Bioware, and Obsidian. We all make RPGs.

Why all the hate? It's silly to hate on any company and/or their employees.

(Now waiting on someone to hate on me for this post) :blink:

Because Bioware decided that they were going to can their two major franchises by "streamlining" them to the point where they were not rpgs, not third person shooter, not storytelling and a complete ****up of the lore and insetting logic. They did it to the point where their fans voted them "worst company in america" beating Bank of America. Thats no mean feat. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows... its allmost Hans Christian Andersen Esque in of itself.

Dont hate the employees... well... staunch dislike for the "artistic vision" of some of them, but thats not hate. Dont wish them any harm. Just wish they would review past successes and build on them... instead of flushing them down the tube.

Edited by Gorth
Language

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

I don't hate BioWare nor Bethesda. That's just silly. I do dislike Bethesda's games though (only played Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Daggerfall). Their style of making games ain't for me and I seriously dislike their PR guys. Zenimax however I do hate.

BioWare used to be my 2nd favourite company when it comes to games, I enjoy playing. Not so much recently though. With EA's purchase of BioWare I've seen less and less of those elements in their games that I like and more of EA's (yearly or every 2nd year) update methods. Now I just simply don't care about BioWare's games. Though I guess I'll buy whatever they make but not on day1.

Edited by Flouride
  • Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

I would prefer that Bethesda make Fallout 4 and consider it rather tacky of Obsidian to host this thread.

I agree that this thread is tacky but Obsidian had nothing to do with it's creation and they aren't in the habit of censoring the forums...like Bethesda.

I agree that this thread is tacky but Obsidian had nothing to do with it's creation and they aren't in the habit of censoring the forums...like Bethesda.

What? Are you implying Bethesda censors their forums? Dude, the Bethsoft Fallout forum has a **** ton of F3 bashing, 2 pages long posts about how Skyrim's writing sucks ass, people hating on Zenimax, Todd Howard is constantly called Micheal Bay there, etc.. The Bethsoft forums have this very same petition posted somewhere. Look at the Bioware forums, specifically what that Stanley Woo or whoever the hell was doing, now that's censorship.

Edited by BladeO

What? Are you implying Bethesda censors their forums? Dude, the Bethsoft Fallout forum has a **** ton of F3 bashing, 2 pages long posts about how Skyrim's writing sucks ass, people hating on Zenimax, Todd Howard is constantly called Micheal Bay there, etc.. The Bethsoft forums have this very same petition posted somewhere. Look at the Bioware forums, specifically what that Stanley Woo or whoever the hell was doing, now that's censorship.

I'm not implying, I'm directly accusing :lol:

As for Bioware, I wish Bethesda would show that much level of personal interaction with their audience, even if it's to personally banhammer some whiners, as it stands they have a corps of tetchy Zenimax brownshirt mods who keep the masses under heel while the developers float around in the aether like ascended beings.

Edited by WDeranged

I'm not implying , I'm directly accusing :lol:

You're not right in accusing them then.

As for Bioware, I wish Bethesda would show that much level of personal interaction with their audience, even if it's to personally banhammer some whiners, as it stands they have a corps of tetchy Zenimax brownshirt mods who keep the masses under heel while the developers float around in the aether like ascended beings.

Bethesda only bans people who outright flame or do bs like that. They also lock "when will it come out for PC and PS3" topics because they have tons of threads already for discussing that, and Gstaff actually replies to PMs himself. There are tons of people telling them they're incompetent and calling them out on refusing to say anything about the new DLC and the status with the PS3. No one got banned because of that, I didn't see any posts get deleted, only the ones that flamed, and I'm pretty sure you get banned or warned for that **** even here.

Edited by BladeO

I'm not implying , I'm directly accusing :lol:

You're not right in accusing them then.

I've been on the Bethesda forums for six or seven years, I've seen enough to know what I know and I've also experienced it first hand. When Obsidian lost out on their bonus because of one Metacritic point I created a thread for people to (reasonably and calmly) discuss the matter, it lasted all of five minutes before it was locked and buried.

I'm not saying Bethesda come along and stamp down every guy who hated Skyrim's ending but they do unashamedly restrict speech when business (or politics, or religion) is involved.

Edited by WDeranged

I've been on the Bethesda forums for six or seven years, I've seen enough to know what I know and I've also experienced it first hand. When Obsidian lost out on their bonus because of one Metacritic point I created a thread for people to (reasonably and calmly) discuss the matter, it lasted all of five minutes before it was locked and buried.

I'm not saying Bethesda come along and stamp down every guy who hated Skyrim's ending but they do unashamedly restrict speech when their parent company is involved.

Indeed? Link the thread if you please. The locked threads are never really deleted.

Look, I could show you a whole lot of active threads discussing how Bethesda's story telling is pathetic, how Todd Howard is a juvenile idiot, how ****ty their communication is. In fact on the NV forums people are freely discussing how Bethesda Softworks (basically puppets for the Zenimax folks form what I gather) screwed over Obsidian and the like.

Edited by BladeO

I'm not in the habit of keeping bookmarks of my own closed threads but feel free to type my nickname into the search box for the New Vegas GD forum if you really must. Anyway I'm letting myself get sidetracked, I think the petition is badly worded waste of time and also an insult to Bethesda, I was responding to the notion that Obsidian should remove this thread, which would be wrong.

I'm not in the habit of keeping bookmarks of my own closed threads but feel free to type my nickname into the search box for the New Vegas GD forum if you really must.

Yep, found it. The moderator did justify it and it did look like it was going to become a flamewar with that one guy saying Feargus can go to hell and the like. Go to recent threads, you'll find people discussing the topic and nobody shuts them down. Also, about politics or religion - many forums don't let such discussions take place. Bethesda isn't the only one who censors that thing.

*GASP* Someone said something bad about Bethesda! CENSOR THEM!

If you don't like this thread just don't read it, simple as that. However, if any of the mods or devs wish this topic to be closed I have no problem with that. I don't want to cause any problems for Obsidian because of this.

From earlier posts asking "why the hate?" I don't know if I outright hate any member of BGS personally, but like a lot of others I am extremely worried about the future of the series. When New Vegas came out it was like a breath of fresh air, the game was so much more deep and involved than Fallout 3 was. Up until Skyrim was released I was excited about Fallout 4 because I had thought that maybe, just maybe BGS had learned a little bit of how important writing is in an RPG, but after playing that god awful game, I have my doubts.

Frankly, I couldn't care less if Bethesda employees are in any way offended by this thread or any like it. They NEED to be knocked off that pedestal so many people put them on.

Oh, and this petition is only stupid if you make it that way. Believe it or not, numbers matter, and the more signatures it gets the better. If you actually care about the future of Fallout and you aren't doing everything you possibly can to fix it, you aren't helping anyone including yourself.

/rant

*GASP* Someone said something bad about Bethesda! CENSOR THEM!

Nobody really said that, just that Obsidian could have problems because of this.

Up until Skyrim was released I was excited about Fallout 4 because I had thought that maybe, just maybe BGS had learned a little bit of how important writing is in an RPG, but after playing that god awful game, I have my doubts.

Well, Skyrim's core game ain't really anything to judge on, it's just they had another great idea that ended in a disaster. The exact same thing happened with Oblivion. And actually Skyrim was a lot truer to TES lore than Oblivion was and Beth's writing apparently improved in Dawnguard. At least that seems to be an opinion even with people who thought that Skyrim core game had crappy writing.

Nobody really said that, just that Obsidian could have problems because of this.

I understand that, but it came off as if they wanted the thread removed specifically because its against a company they like.

Well, Skyrim's core game ain't really anything to judge on, it's just they had another great idea that ended in a disaster. The exact same thing happened with Oblivion. And actually Skyrim was a lot truer to TES lore than Oblivion was and Beth's writing apparently improved in Dawnguard. At least that seems to be an opinion even with people who thought that Skyrim core game had crappy writing.

What I'm talking about isn't the lore continuity, but mostly the characters and dialogue. There isn't one NPC in Skyrim that I gave two sh*ts about and do you know why? They are a bunch of lifeless shells that are just there to provide filler while you run around in the world killing random animals. The dialogue has little to no thought put into it and in some cases can rope you into things you might never want to do on that character. The whole game is just focused on running around killing stuff while you hunt for items to throw into your house or display on the walls. To me, that isn't an RPG, it's a simulator and they have that mindset for every game they create.

Edited by WastelandShadow

What I'm talking about isn't the lore continuity, but mostly the characters and dialogue. There isn't one NPC in Skyrim that I gave two sh*ts about and do you know why? They are a bunch of lifeless shells that are just there to provide filler while you run around in the world killing random animals. The dialogue has little to no thought put into it and in some cases can rope you into things you might never want to do on that character. The whole game is just focused on running around killing stuff while you hunt for items to throw into your house or display on the walls. To me, that isn't an RPG, it's a simulator and they have that mindset for every game they create.

The moment I realized Bethesda had a sense of humour was when they asked me to find the android in Fallout 3.

The moment I realized Bethesda had a sense of humour was when they asked me to find the android in Fallout 3.

Don't get me started :down: Funny that turned out to be one of the best quests in the game though.

Too bad the idea of androids in the game had me skipping that questline completely.

Hate the living, love the dead.

You do know that's probably going to be the main them of Fallout 4?

It's going to be a main theme, but I doubt it's going to be the main theme. At least I hope so, so much better storylines can be created if they're not the focus of the game.

I just don't want an android civil rights movement. Anything but that. Well, I'd take it, if it was done right, but if it's herp derp merricuh we don't like slavery (which it would probably become) then no thanks.

Also, Boston is just a rumor, there is a high chance that Boston is only gonna be a DLC.

The petition has closed. ;(

Do you know how? Was it moderated by the site which it was on, did ZeniMax find it or did the guy close it down?

Oh well... We should instead start a petition for Bethesda to focus more on storylines and characters for F4 and to hire back writers like Michael Kirkbride and generally every good writer that left the company over the years.

At the end of FO4,

the PC finds out they are an Android.

When the Boston rumor came out there was a topic on it on the Beth Fallout forums and everyone was calling the whole "what a twist" and the android civil rights movement FBoS level crap, I hope they listen to their own forums more than they listen to the idiots over at Reddit, who outright wanted that completely predictable and cringeworthy storyline. Then again there's already a chance that the Boston rumors were started by Bethesda to find out what the Reddit crowd wants. :(