Ars Magica CRPG on Kickstarter!

I'm actually rather excited by this but I do not want to sound like an advertisement. So I'll just say that a Californian now has rights to the Ars Magica computer game and he seems to be approaching it as a single-player Grand Strategy RPG on a civic scale. I do not think it will span nations so much as cities in the same Tribunal (it looks like Stonehenge Tribunal). The year span is 1000-1100 AD. The game is multi-generational, so starting characters will probably not see the end of the game.

He's trying to raise 290 grand and his due date is November 18. He's already raised 14322 and has 253 backers. I actually am not sure how much advertising he's done. There's a notice on the Atlas Games website, but I've not seen widespread mention.

It's an ambitious project.

http://www.kickstart...gica-video-game

Here's product information about the dice and book role-playing game Ars Magica. It is a worthy successor to Chivalry and Sorcery in every way.

http://www.atlas-games.com/arm5/

Edited by septembervirgin
  • Like 1

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

The concept art is terrible and the devs' track record is meh/OK, but I like what I'm reading in the text. I'll check out the video and updates, would be tempted to throw in $20.

The concept art is probably "proof of concept". Yeesh, it does look dated, but it's probably all he can afford presently.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."