Please no Real-time conversations. Ever.

Time limits on dialogue?

No thanks!

I want to read the dialogue completely and ponder my decision.

I want painstaking choices where you have to pick the least of horrible choices.

I want internal struggles with my character deciding how to respond.

I don't want to be rushed...

And the entire world should freeze when I'm speaking to someone....yeah yeah it might break the realism and immersion of the game but IMHO the benefit outweighs it this.

Ultimately, I should be able to start a conversation and pour myself a beer while pondering my response. Maybe make a bowl of ramen with mushrooms to mull over my options.

• Like 1

That would make sense if your computer could read your thoughts and transmit them into game, and your response could be anything that comes out of your mouth, instead of having to read and digest a list of possible dialogue choices... all choices are possible!

I am all for computer-neural integration, however something to this effect is a fair way off ;)

Instead of real time conversations how about conversations free of the burdensome constraints of time! Lets have future conversations now!

OP I've never played AP, but have you ever played any of the Uncharted games or Diablo 3? I would like more of those types of encounters in game so I can still adventure while getting exposition without having to stand still for 15 minutes clicking next, next, next, to advance. I'd also like some contextual dialog so I can respond angry, or cautiously, etc depending on language or speech skills.

Good Lord....The door is over there ----->

Time limits on dialogue?

No thanks!

I want to read the dialogue completely and ponder my decision.

I want painstaking choices where you have to pick the least of horrible choices.

I want internal struggles with my character deciding how to respond.

I don't want to be rushed...

And the entire world should freeze when I'm speaking to someone....yeah yeah it might break the realism and immersion of the game but IMHO the benefit outweighs it this.

Ultimately, I should be able to start a conversation and pour myself a beer while pondering my response. Maybe make a bowl of ramen with mushrooms to mull over my options.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made quickly. Furthermore, this would make choices more interesting. The Witcher 2 has timed decisions like this at times. I don't think every single dialog choice has to be timed or anything, but pivotal moments can be timed sometimes I think.

The Witcher 2 has timed decisions like this at times. I don't think every single dialog choice has to be timed or anything, but pivotal moments can be timed sometimes I think.

Worst part of Witcher 2 for me. They say haste is only good for catching fleas. Edited by dal

OP I've never played AP, but have you ever played any of the Uncharted games or Diablo 3? I would like more of those types of encounters in game so I can still adventure while getting exposition without having to stand still for 15 minutes clicking next, next, next, to advance. I'd also like some contextual dialog so I can respond angry, or cautiously, etc depending on language or speech skills.

Good Lord....The door is over there ----->

I'm not angry or trolling, I'm just saying if I wanted to read a book, then I'd read a book. If I'm playing a game, then I want to play. I know what these games are, I've been playing them since the 90's, there's just better ways of story telling these days.

I don't think PE is the game for you...

Anyway, timed convo fitted in REALLY well with AP, so obviously they needed to do it there.

Here however it has no place, so you can fully take your time with your response.

Every game needs their own system suited to it. That pretty much every game these days has a "Mass Effect" dialogue wheel is a bad thing thus...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I really prefer having the game freeze and allowing me to ponder my decisions. I gives me opportunity to think about the situation at hand, how I would probably feel about it were I really there as my character and what would be an appropriate response staying true to my character's personality and motivations. I can't do that while a countdown is running. As we will most likely have to read descriptions of situations, NPCs involved and also what they are telling us, it makes only sense to have time to let all the information sink in before reacting.

So yes, please a lot of dialogue choices and no time limits.

I never enjoyed the change to the "dialog wheel" or similar in games. I would like to know what I'm going to say before I say it you can't really judge a persons reaction to a single work discription beyond a general idea of be serious or not. Timed conversations would prohibit this, also quick time events are not really my thing, sometimes if you aren't totally focused or expecting it you can miss out on an event or action that your character would normally take without second thought.

This discussion is pretty pointless. I'm 100% sure that they wouldn't include them in game that is all about bringing back the feel of the old IE games.

So am I befor Alpha Protocol and the Witcher 2. And I last expect it from Obsidian and CD Projekt RED. Now I want to discuss it just in case.