Ask 'ANYTHING' on Reddit 10AM PDT / 1PM ET Today!

Two last items, we’re hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) today on reddit. A number of Project Eternity staffers will be on hand at 10AM PDT / 1PM ET to answer your questions about the game! Then at 5 PM PDT / 8 ET, watch us on Ustream play some D&D in the studio!
Edited by Loranc

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

This should be pinned to get the word out there, we are less than 2 hours away now and I know a lot of people have questions about the game still. Not to mention D&D night later on! /cry (I have to work all day today, so I'm going to miss out on it all.)

I think I may stay up for the Reddit and go to work without sleep today..... I'll just have to binge drink some energy supplements.

Edited by Loranc

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Already anticipatin :)

I'm just full of energy and like you said anticipation for this. It's been a 'very' long time since I've been excited about a game. It's such a nice feeling to be able to put my trust back into the gaming companies that lost it several years ago.

A little under an hour to go now.

I don't really use a reddit or whatever its called is there a link?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/ is the only current link I have for the site itself.

57sg2rlq80hhs0495tzf2qx_normal.jpegObsidian ‏@Obsidian

#ProejctEternity interview at RPGFan with Chris Avellone and a little Justin Bell thrown in as well. http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Project_Eternity_Interview/index.html…

Edited by Loranc

*bump* 22 minutes to go.

so is this a chat or a stream or what?

A chat forum thingy, not a stream.

What I'd like to know is why they have to do this on Reddit? Why not just do this on their own forum?

On our forum are mostly backers. reddit has a big audience if you like them or not. So, if they want to reach more people it's smarter to do it on reddit.

How does reddit work?

Keep hitting refresh until they post answers... I think, otherwise I have no idea.

Asked this question

If you guys get to work on D&D again (after Eternity) like you mentioned in the interview. Will you do turn-based?

Are further turn-based games from Obsidian in general a possibility?

Lemme find it so I can up it towards the top!

[–]Justhammer 8 points 7 minutes ago

With the release of the screenshot, the fans got a glimpse at what 10 years of rendering technology can add to the Infinity Engine. Can you tell us what, if any improvements, that can/will be made to Character/character animations as Project Eternity moves forward?

[–]jesawyer 8 points 2 minutes ago

The animators are looking at Unity 4's Mecanim system and what it can allow us to do. One of the big differences is that working with 3D characters instead of sprites means that we have a lot more flexibility for equipment/armor/weapon combos on characters. Also we can do much better blending and animation scaling since adjustments and interpolation can be done in real-time.