KOTOR2 preview

Here

Kind of disappointed that the game will be more of an expansion to the first rather than anything drastically new, but we'll see. I'm more interested in Obsidian's project after KOTOR2 anyway. Also it says you begin the game as a jedi, at least this gets rid of the problem of being 'forced' into a jedi during the plot.

However, Xbox and PC fans of the game will to wait until February 2005 to play it on their respective formats.

Let's hope that means a simultaneous release on PC and Xbox.

More importantly, let's hope that the PC version actually feels like its a PC version, not a barely disguised port.

is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment - a trusted developer that Bioware have a strong relationship with.

:huh:

Oh man, that's rich. Never mind the weird plural/singular mix-up...

1. How "strong" can that relation be, considering how young Obsidian is

2. How trusted can a development house be if it hasn't made any games

We're told

By who, I wonder, where're they getting this stuff from?

inXile line producer

However, Xbox and PC fans of the game will to wait until February 2005 to play it on their respective formats.

Let's hope that means a simultaneous release on PC and Xbox.

Agreed.

I almost didn't get KotOR when it first came out because it was already "old" by the time it came out on PC.

I'm glad a friend convinced me to give it a try.

Huh, Tea? You complain about "being forced to be a Jedi" due to plot in the first game; but say it's ok you are 'forced to be a Jedi' due to plot in the seocnd? Where's the logic there?

For the record, I preferred youw erne't forced to be *anything*. Oh well.

C'est la v'est.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

In my opinion, there is a difference.

In the first one you're a scout/soldier/scoundral who is "forced" to become a jedi.

In the second you start as one already.

A slight, subtle, but definate difference.

The problem is some people would prefer not to roleplay a jedi.

Me for instance, I would prefer a plain old d20 pc without twinky powers, just a well worn blaster that can't penetrate paper at my side, and a bunch of NPC's in underwear.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Well the difference is there, and for the record I was never that beat up about being 'forced' to be a jedi anyway, though the game as a whole wasn't that great.

The difference seems obvious to me. It's like in any RPG, say in Fallout - you can't choose to be a supermutant, the game FORCES you to be a human, for vaious reasons including plot considerations. That's the base line of the RPG, you buiuld up your character from that, and you hopefully assume that the game from these ground rules is up to your choices. Whereas in KOTOR1, you were given the ground rules of your character, i.e. he's human, can be these classes, and then whilst you're playing the game, you're forced to change your character in a major plot point. There's a difference.

is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment - a trusted developer that Bioware have a strong relationship with.

:p

Oh man, that's rich. Never mind the weird plural/singular mix-up...

That's correct in British English, I think.

Let's say KotOR 1 had let you refuse to be trained by the council. I guess this could have been made to work, although you'd have to rewrite the endgame a bit. (No way they'd make a game where the Sith Lord can be beaten in combat by a non-Jedi, since it's wildly inconsistent with the SW universe; although maybe you could rationalize it by saying that Revan always has innate Force, even if untrained in its use).

Anyway, what motivation would a character have to refuse the training? "Thanks, but I'm powerful enough already"

Like, you're a mercenary, who doesn't like the alcohol, sex and fun deprivation in a Jedi bootcamp ? :p

It's all based on the assumption that you actually want to save the Republic.

Just you wait 'till Gorth the Hutt rules all :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein