Let's Play Arcanum!

Avery.Rook

Is the number of companions affected by your charisma? If so what is the formula? In fallout i believe it was you charisma divided by 2 or 3

Max followers is 5 at charisma 20. So it seems to be Charisma / 4

Try out the character builder at Terra arcanum:

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/arcanum/old/characterbank/WEB_ACP.html

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, Torian Kel / Geoffrey / Vollinger is worth at least one playthrough. It's a pity they didn't get a lot of work put into them, given scope constraints.

Yeah, Torian Kel / Geoffrey / Vollinger is worth at least one playthrough. It's a pity they didn't get a lot of work put into them, given scope constraints.

Torian Kel is probably the only npc who's decision made sense to me in any game with companion betrayal.

Ok, Ignus is a psycho and keeps teling you that he'll kill you. But most of the time, there is no logic behind companions siding with the enemy. Some games reactions seem to be:

"Hi, I don't like you very much. Actually, I hate you so much that if the choice is between saving the world and living or killing you and then dying as the world gets destroyed, I'll kill you before I die. See that wave of lava comming towards us? I wont run; I'll handcuff myself to you and then chain myself down so the lava gets us both!" You wonder why people were in your party in the first place. I guess that is the problem with an affection/loyalty system. So it was nice to see Arcanum base companion choices on their motivation and character and not on some arbitrary number.

Even just abandoning the party can be unreasonable (see the Alistair controversy). Torian Kel was refreshing... and quite possibly tragic. It made him one of my alltime favourid npc companions of all time.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It appears Mr. Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum, and I hope he enjoys it :yes:

it appears MCA will be streaming/recording his sessions, now THAT I'd want to see

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I can't even begin to tell you how freakin' excited I am for Project Eternity, and it made me once again nostalgic of the old CRPGs, so I decided to do an LP of Arcanum as an Evil Wizard. Please watch and give feedback.

http://www.youtube.c...s/videos?view=0

So come join me in this classic CRPG, made by Tim Cain, who is making Project Eternity!

Expect one part a day, but this may be subject to change however.

is one thing that immediate comes to mind as more soul-numbing than watching you play arcanum: playing arcanum our self.

buggy, unbalanced and unforgivably dull. we can handle any number o' shortcomings in a game, but dull is a deal breaker.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Arcanum isnt dull, or at least I dont think so. It's biggest flaw is lack of balance, but in a way it would be somewhat hard to balance this game considering the insane amount of characters you can make. Sure, Arcanum isnt as good as other classics like Fallout or Planescape, but I still consider it one of the classic CRPGS. I think that after I'm done with Arcanum, I think it would be extremely fun to do a playthrough of every single fallout, from 1 to New Vegas, in order.

Edited by Avery.Rook

• 11 years later...

Thanks, I loved your videos! I tried an evil playthrough once, but my guilt always got me to stop and turn good.

When you meet K'an Hua after retrieving the Vendigroth device, what does he say if you ask him WHY Arronax wants you to be banished? I don't think I ever found a video where the player asked him that crucial question.