Okay I have this that really draws on the nature of magic of the setting. Combine the Alchemist and the Bard. Its to expand the idea of the Bard class into an Artisan Class that draws magic from its soul and invests it into its art, musical, items, potions. Just an idea.

...jus' don't call it that, lad...sounds kinda..fifi, ya know... :facepalm:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Okay I have this that really draws on the nature of magic of the setting. Combine the Alchemist and the Bard. Its to expand the idea of the Bard class into an Artisan Class that draws magic from its soul and invests it into its art, musical, items, potions. Just an idea.

Might be okay as an NPC class for various merchants and such.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I sort of think dwarven runesmiths when people mention artisans in crpgs. Some of the most deadly craftsmen around. Armed with 'Armour of Resist All' and wielding the 'Warhammer of Asswhooping'.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

He could imbue decorative flatware and plates with the power of "SOULS tm" and throw them like discus at his foes.

I think that's coming very close to a TRON class... :p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Meh, TRON fights are moderately cooler than that. You know, all teh neon and stuff.

They could make the pottery neon to show the SOUL POWA imbued in the plates. :)

I suppose I should comment on the original suggestion; while I like thinking outside of the box, I think its hard to really think about how a class like this would be practical in adventuring. You couldn't really imbue a painting with skill on the fly without it being a gross simplification of the process.

I think a magical bard has some traction just simply because music is an "in the moment" creation in ways the visual & written arts are not. Well that and I want to see Scott Pilgrim / Kung Fu Hustle musician battles (as linked in the Paladins & Bards thread).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I sort of think dwarven runesmiths when people mention artisans in crpgs. Some of the most deadly craftsmen around. Armed with 'Armour of Resist All' and wielding the 'Warhammer of Asswhooping'.

I like this a lot. Having an artificer class or at least a build would be pretty helpful and ridiculously satisfying to use. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make a class like that since the $2.4 million stretch goal of crafting and enchanting has been reached.

I have the same comment on this idea as I previous posted in the 'Trickster' thread. Pretty much everything being discussed would be a noncombat proficiency. Since it has been announced that those abilities are purchased seperately there is nothing ruling out the possibiltiy that any class could have some kind of enchanting/forging/enamelwaring as described here. No need for a dedicated PC class.