Rumor about an obsidian developer

So is it true one of the obsidian developers backed Anite Sarkeesien kickstarter, and which one did?

Btw, for those who don't know her, this is a two part 20mins doc about her kickstarter project:

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6gLmcS3-NI&feature=plcp

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpFk5F-S_hI&feature=plcp

This is just a rumor btw, but I'm really curious about it, IMO if one of them really backed this up, I can at least get an insight on how the final product of P:E will be, and I bet all of you are curious about that as well as me.

Peace

FFS, not again. I don't care what the hell they back with their own money. And if you somehow missed Sawyer being into this social justice shtick, then you are even thicker than I thought, Nigro.

• Like 7

Say no to popamole!

I've seen a certain member of the Obsidian team make post on various internet fora that made me hope his personal opinions do not bleed into this game too much but really who care? Individual humans are entitled to their own opinions. What someone backs on Kickstarter is not really anyone else business.

OMG the outrage! I'm totally backing out my pledge!

Feminism... blah... mysogeny... blah...

*Thread Closed*

There, now that we got all that out the way, are we done here?

I'm not backing up my pledge, I trust those guys, they made games that are my favorites to this day.

I'm just curious about the general direction this project will take when dealing with such problems.

Edited by Troller

IMO if one of them really backed this up, I can at least get an insight on how the final product of P:E will be

What has someone backing something completely unrelated to do with the subject of Project: Eternity? Thinking it's going to become a feminist manifest or something?

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

FFS, not again. I don't care what the hell they back with their own money. And if you somehow missed Sawyer being into this social justice shtick, then you are even thicker than I thought, Nigro.

Pls enlighten me then, can you give me a link ?

I don't see why anyone would care about something like this, or if a developer (or even if Obsidian as a company) backed her Kickstarter.

Obsidian as a company are apparently backing a card game that is made with stick figure drawings - OMZG! P:E is going to use STICK FIGURES IN THEIR GAME!!!!!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

IMO if one of them really backed this up, I can at least get an insight on how the final product of P:E will be

What has someone backing something completely unrelated to do with the subject of Project: Eternity? Thinking it's going to become a feminist manifest or something?

No, but you know, when someone makes a movie, a game, or writes a book, his opinions will be in there for anyone to see, in project eternity we will probably see their opinions expressed in the form of gameplay and history, it's just like if Sawyer or Avellone said they all hated blue bottles of soda in games, would you expect one game that tthey make to have blue bottles of soda everywhere?

Sawyer's political views are for him and I think it's out of order bringing them up here

No, Sawyer is making a game that me and many people here pledged money to help him, and we want to know his political views and how will that affect the game.

This doesn't seem strictly relevant to Project-Eternity.

• Like 6
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."