Have you played an Infinity Engine game before?

Have you played an Infinity Engine game before donating to the Obsidian Kickstarter?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever played an Infinity Engine game before donating to the Obsidian Kickstarter?

• Yes, and I enjoy them.
    • Yes, but don't actually like them.
    • No, but I would like to have tried them.
    • No and I'm not really interested.

I've played all the IE games, but I've only finished BG1 (once), PS:T (once) and Icewind Dale (several times.) BG2 I could just never get into (I've probably spent less than 30 hours playing it...I don't mind Irenicus' dungeon, but the bit after that just fails to catch my interest despite repeated attempts...the fact that I don't care about Imoen at all is probably part of the problem), and Icewind Dale 2 bugged on me (game-breaking) on my first playthrough, causing me to ragequit. I want to play it through, but it doesn't run right at all on my machine. Even trying all the various fixes found on the web, I can only get it to play windowed, and that's just really uncomfortable to try and play.

All that said, I actually hate 2E D&D with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. This is largely because I'm not all that interested in playing a wizard (because I'm not about to rest constantly, and playing a terrible rock-thrower 90% of the time isn't all that interesting), and playing a non-caster in 2E is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Hence my happiness with the fact that they've said they want to give everyone interesting options in combat. :)

Edited by Vaeliorin
  • Like 1

played them all and everone i completted at least twice, Baldurs gate II four times, hell, I even somehow ended with three diffrent cds with Baldurs gate , so I think this isn't situation like Wasteland, i am pretty sure that any one who have ever been remotly interested in Rpgs must have played at least one if not all IE games,

I know I might get yelled at, but I've played all of IE games (me thinks) and never got that in to BG2. Don't know why :ermm:

IWD2 and F2 are my alltime favorites. Also played IWD, BG and F1 so many times, I lost count.

Add to those VtMB and FalloutNV and this project has me over the moon :wowey:

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Have played all of them, but haven't finished them all. BG1 and IWD I didn't initially finish, but came back later and then played them trough. Haven't finished PS:T and IWD2. IWD2 just lost my interest, but I'll have to go back for PS:T one of these days. Probably with mods. If you play them as co-op, IWD is probably best for that.

Talking about Infinity Engine does get my attention, but mostly I'm just an Obsidian fanboy.

SODOFF Steam group.

Hi, first time poster here.

I've played every Infinity Engine game except Icewind Dale 1. In fact, I probably played Baldur's Gate 2 more than all of the rest of the IE games combined, thanks to the modding community (and being a poor student...BG II was about the most advanced game my computer could run until 2008).

Played most of the IE games and the original WL on an Apple II C....

..........showing my age much!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg