President Obama

Humodour

...only good thing 'bout Canadian politics be fool-arse religion not usually an issue...thank Jebus... happy0203.gif

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Don't you guys keep all the crazies in Alberta... And what's with all the seriously messed up corruption, and separatism in Quebec?

Seriously though, Canada got problems too, like just about anywhere else on this planet.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Cuts also need to accompany tax reform; other than the high tax rates, Europe's welfare states have only worked as long as they have because thanks to America, they need to spend comparatively little on their defensive budgets.

This is the worst bull I've ever heard. I'm referring to the part about spending comparatively little on defence. Sweden used to have an entire internal arms industry, with among other things a nuclear programme which was terminated in 1968. I'm sure Scandinavia was protected from the USSR by the threat of American nuclear arms, however, that does not equal having a low defence budget.

You sure about that?

Sweden isn't even in the top 15 overall.

If you don't prefer that measure, as of 2010, the US currently spends 4.8% of its GDP on military expenditures, and I highly doubt this figure counts black ops. Sweden spends 1.3%.

It would be nice to have figures that went back a little further, but if the current distribution is any indication...

Edited by PsychoYoshi

You realize that Sweden was a military superpower until Peter the Great kicked their ass all over the Baltic right?

Also

military_spending_us_vs_world.gif

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You realize that Sweden was a military superpower until Peter the Great kicked their ass all over the Baltic right?

Also

military_spending_us_vs_world.gif

Oh how cute, a chart that takes Chinese economic claims at face value. Given their vastly undervalued currency along with the fact that you can't believe anything that comes out of their mouths regarding internal spending figures, you have to figure an actual value of at least 3-4 times that. Combined with the differences in standard of living, cost of equipment, and the fact that most of their R&D comes from stealing it from everyone else, and they're not exactly spending all that much less than the US.

Also, the height of Swedish power was when GARS was stomping around in the Germanies. Where he got himself killed by being a bit too reckless leading a cavalry charge. Everything was downhill from there.

Edited by ravenshrike

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

it's from 2008, and even if the chinese are undervalued, we still have them and the world beat by a significant margin.

Romney's bizarre and callous comments on healthcare for poor people:

http://www.inquisitr...n-for-the-poor/

All he's saying is that people without insurance still get medical care, not that it's necessarily the best solution. Also, the "poor" are covered by Medicaid in every state.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

All he's saying is that people without insurance still get medical care, not that it's necessarily the best solution. Also, the "poor" are covered by Medicaid in every state.

Oh nonsense. He doesn't bloody well know what he is saying - as evident by the flip-flopping exposed by his previous quotes in that link.

I'd wager a guess that, like Aeroplane windows and air pressure, or income taxes for the poor/elderly/soldiers, Romney doesn't have a clue how emergency rooms work - or how exorbitantly expensive they are. I mean, it's not like he's ever likely to be in one himself given how stinkingly rich he is.

Emergency rooms are there, generally, to prevent death and other unforeseen and potentially permanent complications. THEY ARE NOT PROPER MEDICAL CARE. They are NOT preventative! They are there to patch up immediate problems, charge people a fortune (as I understand it goes in the USA), and then send them on their way only to return later BECAUSE THE UNDERLYING HEALTH PROBLEM HASN'T BEEN SOLVED! Talk about a burden on the public health system.

Emergency rooms are not health insurance. By implying that they are a viable substitute for people who can't afford health insurance, Romney is yet again showing just how ****ing clueless he is when it comes to the conditions people poorer than him (which, coincidentally, is like 99% of the population) have to live with. But he's also showing how ****ing clueless he is when it comes to basic medicine. Prevention saves the economy and public purse loads of money! It prevents sick days for employers, thus increasing productivity, and it lowers the load that emergency rooms have to deal with by eliminating problems before they grow into larger, worse, more expensive and time-consuming to solve complications.

This is a really interesting piece about the 'bubbles' that politicians and rich people live in that disconnect them from everyday life. The author should know, since she was a state governor for 8 years and had servants and security to do everything for her.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81627.html?hp=l3

Makes ya think about what Mitt Romney's life must be like.

Edited by Krezack

I'd wager a guess that, like Aeroplane windows and air pressure

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/mitt-romney-joke-joking-airplane-windows.html

Romney was joking about the plane, which was made clear in the original press pool transcript. The LAT being so far in the bag for Obama they can't see daylight, purposefully ignored that for their story and reported it as being serious.

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

And according to http://www.gladwell.com/2006/2006_02_13_a_murray.html that article, we'd actually save a million bucks if we housed and helped the homeless (this includes the price of the house), JUST in the ER visits alone.

Oh nonsense. He doesn't bloody well know what he is saying - as evident by the flip-flopping exposed by his previous quotes in that link.

I'd wager a guess that, like Aeroplane windows and air pressure, or income taxes for the poor/elderly/soldiers, Romney doesn't have a clue how emergency rooms work - or how exorbitantly expensive they are. I mean, it's not like he's ever likely to be in one himself given how stinkingly rich he is.

Emergency rooms are there, generally, to prevent death and other unforeseen and potentially permanent complications. THEY ARE NOT PROPER MEDICAL CARE. They are NOT preventative! They are there to patch up immediate problems, charge people a fortune (as I understand it goes in the USA), and then send them on their way only to return later BECAUSE THE UNDERLYING HEALTH PROBLEM HASN'T BEEN SOLVED! Talk about a burden on the public health system.

Emergency rooms are not health insurance. By implying that they are a viable substitute for people who can't afford health insurance, Romney is yet again showing just how ****ing clueless he is when it comes to the conditions people poorer than him (which, coincidentally, is like 99% of the population) have to live with. But he's also showing how ****ing clueless he is when it comes to basic medicine. Prevention saves the economy and public purse loads of money! It prevents sick days for employers, thus increasing productivity, and it lowers the load that emergency rooms have to deal with by eliminating problems before they grow into larger, worse, more expensive and time-consuming to solve complications.

You might take a breather from your rant and notice he was talking about someone having a heart attack, emegency room is where they'd take you if you had insurance or not.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yep, Romney is a lot like Kerry, minus the 3 purple hearts.

Except that Kerry was ironically villified for being in the military because there were supposedly photos of him skiing behind a PT boat or something? While G.W. Hisself never entered the military.

Didn't Kerry come close to Bush in the actual election though? It wasn't decided until the very last in Ohio, and not without controversy either.

Romney likely won't ever go that far.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You sure about that?

Sweden isn't even in the top 15 overall.

If you don't prefer that measure, as of 2010, the US currently spends 4.8% of its GDP on military expenditures, and I highly doubt this figure counts black ops. Sweden spends 1.3%.

It would be nice to have figures that went back a little further, but if the current distribution is any indication...

I'm referring to numbers from 1945-1990. The source of the costs was that Sweden had an entire internal arms industry, to back up the idea of "neutrality". If that has left any trace in accessible data today, it can be found in the fact that Sweden is the world's ninth largest weapon exporter (and if some of the huge Gripen deals there is talk about in the news take place, we might as well jump ahead in the list, leaving only the major countries US, Russia, China, UK, Germany and France as larger exporters...) This arms industry is a rest from when it was used to supply Sweden during the Cold War, when it was also much larger and more costly. I'd also like to add that it's very strange debating these things with a non-Swede...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Yeah, SAPO (or whatever they are called, I don't have that letter on my keyboard) will come and pick you up and leave no trace of you ever having existed for giving away national secrets.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange addressed UN leaders via video feed on Wednesday and lashed out at U.S. President Barack Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMkfW56D020

I detest Julian Assange, he is a parasite who has been given far too much coverage. He needs to go to Sweden to face the rape charges and stop hiding behind this ridiculous assertion that he is the "victim" of some Western conspiracy. Also Russian TV must be the most anti-western, biased and propaganda fulled news channel I have ever seen.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah I can't really get behind him regarding his being hunted by the whitehouse for passing on the diplomatic leak - which usually would be a no brainer for me. The thing is I don't believe the Swedish charges were part of a conspiracy. He is chosing to stay away because he doesn't want to be embarrased, or even because he knows there is something to the charges.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah I can't really get behind him regarding his being hunted by the whitehouse for passing on the diplomatic leak - which usually would be a no brainer for me. The thing is I don't believe the Swedish charges were part of a conspiracy. He is chosing to stay away because he doesn't want to be embarrased, or even because he knows there is something to the charges.

Exactly, there are so many flaws with him claiming asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy and not wanting to go to Sweden. Primarily there is a much stronger extradition treaty between the UK and USA. If the USA wanted to extradite him they would have requested it. Why wait till he gets to Sweden? I am convinced that there are legitimate charges he is trying to avoid in Sweden

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Exactly, there are so many flaws with him claiming asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy and not wanting to go to Sweden. Primarily there is a much stronger extradition treaty between the UK and USA. If the USA wanted to extradite him they would have requested it. Why wait till he gets to Sweden? I am convinced that there are legitimate charges he is trying to avoid in Sweden

Okay. US brands Assange an 'enemy of the state' - just like al-Quaeda - because Sweden

http://www.tgdaily.c...-like-al-quaeda

Okay. US brands Assange an 'enemy of the state' - just like al-Quaeda - because Sweden

http://www.tgdaily.c...-like-al-quaeda

I don't mean to offend you but can you provide another link to this article that discusses the same information. It should be easy if it is true? The reason I ask is I haven't read or seen anything about what the article claims from any credible news sources this week.

Saying all that my personal opinion is that Julian Assange should be seen as an enemy of America and face some kind of criminal charge. He used the power of the Internet to publish confidential documents that put peoples lives at risk, embarrassed many countries and jeopardized certain political agreements between countries that weren't suppose to be made available to the public. What gave him the right to do this? Who made him the disseminator of the "truth"

Also I am not sure what is the relevance to this discussion of that photo you posted that shows the South African police suppressing the recent violent mine strikes by the miners of various trade unions ( I assume that is the photo :) )

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton