If you're going to go down the [tired] road of fantasy and magic, give us a magic system with incredible breadth!

Give us auras, buffs, dispelling, AoE DD, AoE dispelling, etc, etc. Dragon Age's magic system was woefully shallow when compared to Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale systems. Give us something that Jon Irenicus could have a field day with!

And if you can somehow fit in a smashing wave clone that obliterates your enemies into dozens of chunks, I'll love you forever and ever.

• Like 2

I seriously hope they don't make magic as overpowered as in most modern games, playing a Wizard shouldn't feel like playing a god, but more like a well trained human with some explosives, hypnotism, and books knowledge.Warriors must be important too, usually they are just the "Tank, that you are obligated to put into your party to go first and soak all the damage" so that the mage can do everything.

Thinking everyone in this will have some sort of magic to enhance their abilities, given the emphasis on magic coming from the soul, and your party being composed of strong souled individuals. Doesn't mean the magic available to the classes can't be very different. Your fireball slinging wizard could be matched with a perception altering rogue and a warrior that can turn his sword into a lightsaber.

• Like 1

How is it a tired road when we get hardly any fantasy RPGs anymore?

anyways, I'm distressed at the idea that everybody will use magic in various ways. Sounds like it's treading on the toes of a game I'm making :(

Edited by Enclave

Thinking everyone in this will have some sort of magic to enhance their abilities, given the emphasis on magic coming from the soul, and your party being composed of strong souled individuals. Doesn't mean the magic available to the classes can't be very different. Your fireball slinging wizard could be matched with a perception altering rogue and a warrior that can turn his sword into a lightsaber.

I suddenly thought of Dak'kon and his karach/chaos-matter blade that he altered with his mind.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I suddenly thought of Dak'kon and his karach/chaos-matter blade that he altered with his mind.

See now that's pretty awesome, I'd be OK with a warrior type class who uses his soul to make his sword AWESOME. I think people may be jumping off the deep end too fast with the doubt and panic. This game could end up really fantastic and unique, traditional fantasy haters be damned.

Give us auras, buffs, dispelling, AoE DD, AoE dispelling, etc, etc.

Give us auras, buffs, dispelling, AoE DD, AoE dispelling, etc, etc. Dragon Age's magic system was woefully shallow when compared to Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale systems. Give us something that Jon Irenicus could have a field day with!

YES definitely. I remember while playing my first playthrough of BG2 that I thought that I did not need "dispel magic"... WRONG ^^

For example: You see the Lich. First you buff your team, cast dispell magic on the Lich, debuff the sucker and then wack the hell out him. Heal your tank. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Or you would see a group of enemies and stun the extremely powerful enemies (mini boss or something), while you cleaned up the rest of the mob... then you whacked the **** out of the mini boss. ^^

Good times. Goooood times. :)

:closed:

I want some interesting spells that go beyond simple combat,

Spells for social characters:

-tell the truth - forces the truth from people

-seduce

-intemidate

-forget

- thrall - turns a person into a mind slave thrall

For assassin

-poison - can be put on weapon, food, or simple touch, at master can poison from a distance

-sleep - makes people tried, at later can make them fall asleep, good if you want to put gaurds to sleep without killing them

-disguise - can morph yourself to look like another person

Thief

- invisible

- teleport short distance

- open lock

Necromancer

- raise the dead (low level they are weak shuffling zombies, at master they come back with full skills/personality and are thralled to you)

- summon skeletons/zombie/vampire/ghost

- enhance dead - increases level to a few levels below you, gives some powers based on your level, at max level they gain a slow regeneration

- summon legion of undead

- zombie apocolypse - summons undead, when they kill a creature, it comes back as an undead, when IT kills something then it it comes back as undead...rinse and repeat. Master level, timed limit of use.

Demonologist

- summon minor demon

- summon fighting demon to fight for you

- summon demon to communicate with - to make deals for power, wealth, youth, knowldge...etc

Cult powers (if you join a cult, you should gain powers related to that being)

Etc, just something outside of combat only powers.