Xcom

Although I think you do get improved chance to miss if you're above the target.

...I think you mean an improved chance to hit. I have never heard of a real or fictional ground combat scenario where high ground was disadvantageous (barring the presence of air support for the forces on the low ground.)

• 1 month later...

This XP is no joke.

Seriously, this pretty much looks like a brand new game.  Throw in some harpoons and a cruise ship and we have a full sequel.

I did read  something about those effing jellyfish making a comeback. There's also supposed to be like 40 new maps, although I imagine some of that will be divvied up between the special missions and the multiplayer as well, but it;s not hard to imagine a  ship of some kind being one of them. 

The impression I get from the articles is that aside from the alien missions which carry on as normal, you get a similar set of randomly generated and story missions against Exalt running parallel.That's no guarantee that  the Exalt stuff will take long to beat but it sound like the point was to extend the campaign significantly. 

I did something I haven't really done since spore: I pre-ordered. I hope the hype is justified, but tbh, I always was going to get the expansion.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I kind of wish it took place after the original storyline, instead of in-between.  Or have I been reading the information incorrectly?

It definitely doesn't take place after the original story, it's a bit like a Civ expansion in that it just makes the core game larger and more varied. I suppose there's a chance it could extend the original story beyond the original ending though?   

I wish that they'd allowed for some really cool mechanical things to be done with Mars surface missions or flooding ships or bad weather or space ships/stations that get battle damage and start to vent atmosphere, lose power and/or gravity or suck things out through holes in the hull and other things like that. I totally get that that would take a huge amount of time and effort but it would have been nice.  

I did something I haven't really done since spore: I pre-ordered. I hope the hype is justified, but tbh, I always was going to get the expansion.

I've heard crazy things like moon missions and base defense, but realistically it's just going to be the same game with two new classes.The ending is kinda meh, so I'm not thrilled to be playing towards the same end. I would much have prefered a new campaign. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I wonder if the developers at 2kgames ever read their suggestions megathread. There's a lot of goodness in that thread (and some thoroughly retarded ideas as well)

I think there is a lot of potential if you add a stargate command. tactical missions on alien planets. Expand mankind into alpha locations, diplomacy with other alien species, more tech, more environments, lots of room for further expansions. Gua'uld invasion forces coming through our stargate. (obviously they couldn't pick the stargate license, but something along those lines)

altough... if they did manage to get the license they would be joining two kick-ass franchises.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.