The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

5-1. That's humiliation.

Of course, not if you're not on the receiving end.

It wasn't. The score doesn't actually reflect the (majority) of the game here.

Edited by C2B

Switzerland did have a few moments of high intensity, but they lack the top end players, the kind of players who will deliver in a final game.

I never thought Sweden looked threatened. After the 2-1 goal I knew we would win.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Switzerland did have a few moments of high intensity, but they lack the top end players, the kind of players who will deliver in a final game.

I never thought Sweden looked threatened. After the 2-1 goal I knew we would win.

Eh, at the very beginning we were threatening. After the 1:0 we soon crashed and couldn't keep it up like in the US game. But yeah, we don't really have anyone like the Sedin twins.

Actually I thought Sweden might lose right before the game, seeing how Switzerland played earlier in the tournament. That turned out to not be the case, though. Sweden did some awful games before the finals. In hindsight, I think it was a very fair win.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Can someone show caption a pic of an injured player during an NHL game and use the same 'useless' crap underneath it? In otherword,s [ I don't agree with babaganoosh13 ]. And, i say that not caring about ANY international tournament.

The difference between an injured player during an NHL game (or any other pro league) and this tournament is that the pro league game is their job, while this thing is an IIHF money grab, with implications that if an eligible player doesn't play in it, they probably wont get to play in the Olympics (or possibly the Canada Cup whenever they decide to get another one of those things going again) in games that really do matter. The World Juniors is a tournament that actually makes sense, showcasing the new upcoming stars for everyone to see. This one does not. I don't need to see Stamkos get concussed for the first time taking an elbow to the head. I already know what he's capable of. I don't need to know if he'll be good to go at the beginning of the season because of some game that didn't need to happen in the first place.

Staal seems to be lucky, and should only need 3 months of rehab.

Meanwhile, there is infinitely more important hockey going on.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Edler basically got a life sentence for that hit.

He must sit five games. But those five games only count if he is picked for the team. Who in the world would pick a player for a tournament that they have to bench for five games, when they can pick someone who can actually be out on the ice helping the team?

Need I mention that the people who decided on this punishment were all Canadian and American?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Alain Vigneault, and two assistant coaches have been fired today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671631&navid=nhl:topheads

"We have made the very difficult decision to relieve Alain Vigneault, Rick Bowness and Newell Brown of their coaching duties today," Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis said in a release issued by the team.

-----

"It was either them, or me; and I was going to make sure it wasn't me." /parody

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

That is classy for Tortorella. It's like Pig Pen from Peanuts putting on deodorant.

Nah. This is just Torts' way to to show whose ballz. Torts has a habit of destroying players' careers. He never takes any blame. I hope the Rangars fire him. The guy is garbage. Jagr has yet to score a goal yet you dont' see his coach throwing him under the bus. Case closed.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I really wish they'd ****can Torturechips but they'll probably just blame the players. I heard they might 'buy out' Richards. L0L

Irrelevanmt. They took a huge step back from last season. Teams are supposed to improve not go backwards. Plus, Torturechips is the 99% reason why they suck.

I'm surprised they haven't fired Sather yet. I always thought that he said something along the lines of that if he ever had Rangers money, he would win a bunch of cups.

'Rangers money' doesn't exist now  'cause of the cap. They can't really spend more than other teams. Sather doesn't bother me as much b/c while he's made his misteps (Drury and Gomez); he's done well bring players to NY... but then Torturechips proceeds to destroy them.. they get blamed.. they get sent away.. and they seem to rebound.

Edited by Volourn

I think one thing I like about Sather has been his drafting record the past few years.  Lundqvist is what, a seventh round pick??

Getting Washington to pay half of Jagrs salary for a few years was a pretty sweet move.  And him cleaning up his own mess trading away Gomez is something I wish more GMs were capable of.

But manoman does he like to overpay for declining free agents. 

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.