The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

It's good to get in one last Chicago-Wings series before they head off to the East. My best friend in high school was a Wings fan. I took solace in the fact that although we lost 4-1 in the series, we still outscored them.

Then I think we began our run where we made the playoffs once in the next 10 years.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I don't think any Leafs fans would be weeping if they had lost last night. At least this Leaf fan is still euphoric about even making the playoffs. That we actually put up a fight against a top-seeded opponent is just a sweet bonus.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm more impressed with the Islanders going six games against the Pens.  With a bit more depth they could really be a playoff team capable of going deep.

My first memories of watching hockey were of the glory run they had before the Oilers took over.  Christ that's a long time ago.

I'm calling it now.  Selanne waits until a week before training camp to decide he's coming back.  I've been a big detractor of the guy over the years, and even though he didn't score in the playoffs this year, he's still got it.

I'd like to see Washington go through to the second round, but I doubt the Rags are just going to lie down and hand it to them.  For the minimal amount of playoff hockey I get to watch I think that game seven is going to be recorded.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't think any Leafs fans would be weeping if they had lost last night. At least this Leaf fan is still euphoric about even making the playoffs. That we actually put up a fight against a top-seeded opponent is just a sweet bonus.

They'll probably win the series too, which will prolong my hell as all media here is a giant circlejerk over the Leafs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm calling it now.  Selanne waits until a week before training camp to decide he's coming back.  I've been a big detractor of the guy over the years, and even though he didn't score in the playoffs this year, he's still got it.

Don't you remember this goal? It was the first great one of the playoffs. Pin-point precision on a one-timer.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'm more impressed with the Islanders going six games against the Pens.  With a bit more depth they could really be a playoff team capable of going deep.

Their biggest issue was their goaltending. It would have fit in perfectly in the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia series last year. If Pittsburgh had stuck with Fleury I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Isles move on to the second round.

Their biggest issue was their goaltending. It would have fit in perfectly in the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia series last year. If Pittsburgh had stuck with Fleury I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Isles move on to the second round.

I read a pretty funny comment about how both the Pens and the Islanders have first round pick goalies on their rosters, but both were starting guys chosen in the 9th round.

Damn Bruins.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why Toronto Why?! You were so close!

Hah, I love it :lol:

• Like 1

Round two starts tomorrow?

Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh - I'd like to see the Sens over the Pens, but I think Ottawa will be in over their heads here. Five games and its done.

Boston vs. NYRangers. - Boston in six.

San Jose at LA - Kings in five. They just had their warm up against St. Louis.

Detroit vs Chicago - Detroit is due for a long playoff run, but it won't be this year. Hawks in seven.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Damn. King is severely underpaid. He is single handedly saving the jobs of the Rangers' GM and coach.

OTT vs PIT - PIT in 5. Ottawa is about their goalie but even he can't stop the Pens ' offense.

BOS vs NYR - BOS in 6.  Boston is much deeper than WSH. WSH is a one dimensional team with only one legit threat. You shut down Ovechkin (like Lundqvist did you win). But, that doesn't work versus BOS.

SJ vs LA - LA in 6. I don't get it. I just don't think LA is that good of a team but they can win. SJ is well.. SJ...

DET vs CHI -CHI in 7 - This is the series that literally can go either way. I give edge to Hawks 'cause why not...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sens vs. Pens - Pens in 5, Vokoun is the answer in net.

Bruins vs. Rangers - Boston in 7, should be a fun series.

Sharks vs. Kings - Going with my hometown Sharks in 6.  This really is the best matchup for them, the Kings are beatable.  

Red Wings vs. Hawks - Hawks in 5.  I don't think this will be a big challenge for them.

Why Toronto Why?! You were so close!

Someone reminded them they were the Leafs.

Pretty sure the Leafs made you eat those words  :banghead:

1297417460319_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Get rid of that useless tournament. Hold qualifiers in the summer before the Olympics for the bottom teams. Those that qualify from the round-robins get automatic passes to the next Olympics.

Can someone show caption a pic of an injured player during an NHL game and use the same 'useless' crap underneath it? In otherword,s [ I don't agree with babaganoosh13 ]. And, i say that not caring about ANY international tournament.

Edited by LadyCrimson
politeness meter ...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.