The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

That's just statistics though. Ten years from shortening the season, we would forget about the old records and have new ones to ooh and aah over.

I'm guessing the "50 goals in a season" club would be very small.

I don't know.. I just feel that this shorter season has been way more exciting than the last five put together. But maybe it's just because the Leafs reached the playoffs.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's not more exciting. It's less. Whoever wins the championship should have an asterisk.. Suriving the long haul of a season + playoffs is what makes professional sportd awesome.

Might as well have a 1 loss and your out tiournament. That would be really exciitng. Better yet, 1st goal scored wins the game! Exciting! Because every goal matters than. LOLOLOLLLIPOP

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All I'm thankful for is that the Oilers finished ahead of Calgary this year.  We still sucked, but not as bad as those guys!

I want Iginla to win a cup.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Playoffs just came up too quickly, usually we have more time to remember predictions =[ 

I know it doesn't count as much now but here's who I have advancing:

East:

Caps

Bruins

Pens 

Habs

West:

Sharks

Ducks

Hawks

Blues 

Statistically, all our records are based on an 82 games schedule.  So I hesitate to embrace a shorter season.

This actually isn't true.  They only played 80 games in most of the 80s, and during the early 90s they had experimented with 84 game seasons too.  Although whether or not it's enough to significantly alter a lot of the record books is another story (though when Gretzky is close to 3 points per game... lol)

Wait, why in the name of all that is holy do you root for Toronto, mkreku ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

Er.. I mean..

Close.

I grew up in the hometown of Börje Salming. He was my childhood idol and the player that brought NHL to Sweden (there was little to no interest beforehand).

It didn't exactly make matters worse that I am a distant relative to Mats Sundin.

The big question is why I keep rooting for them now..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

daniel-alfredsson.jpg

"You know, the vast majority of the fans of my team were alive the last time we made the Stanley Cup finals, and unlike the twins, our fans didn't set the city on fire when we lost."

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

The big question is why I keep rooting for them now..

A very good question. :p But fair enough, just curious as usually 'foreign' fans (to the country of the league) back successful clubs.

Still don't know why the morons in this city keep forking out cash to watch an ineffective product. "Leafs nation", *snort*.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

West:

Sharks

Ducks

Hawks

Blues 

I agree with all of those except the last.  It won't be an easy playoffs for the returning champs, but I think the Kings will at least go past the second round.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yay!

First sweep in history, and it was nice to watch Marleau put it in.  

That being said, Vancouver looked terrible.  Whoever the Sharks face next will probably be a lot tougher.

Maybe Trevor Linden can rejoin the Canucks on the ice. Maybe I'd like them again.

Of course, they'll probably fire Vigneault, when Gillis is clearly the one who sucks at their job.

Too bad one of them couldn't have taken Torres out. My money is on Keith being the one that Torres gives the illegal head shot to, provided he doesn't go after an old target.

I'm assuming Detroit doesn't come back and beats Anaheim in 7.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I`d laugh if they rehired Brian Burke.

Return to the glory days of blaming the refs and the NHL for everything.

Edited by babaganoosh13

I wonder what would come back if Vancouver dangled the Sedins as tradebait.

Nevermind, it probably won't happen.

I think they have another 2 or 3 years with a team built around them before they need to trade them 

Boston sure does choke. Was hoping to see Leafs fans weeping tonight :p

screen-shot-2013-05-08-at-11-07-10-pm.pn

Strangely enough, that is the exact same look I would have given her if she was around when I watched "Girl Next Door" at the drive-in, while wearing my North Stars shirt.