SW: The Old Republic Part 4

Rosbjerg

heh, and shortly upcoming "quality of life" improvements on 1.4

http://www.swtor.com/blog/quality-life-improvements-game-update-1.4

Including, finally:

Companion Customization Improvements – Finally, starting in Game Update 1.4 players will be able to hide the helmet, or unify colors to chest, for their companion’s gear (see the screenshot at the top of this article). No more mismatched, silly outfits (unless you like them that way)!

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I noticed my performance, particularly in bad spots like on my ships, seemed to be a lot better when I logged in last night. They did something right.

The opposite, did Kaon today with a PUG, kept having these 3 second delays between actions going off while on maximum (4) bars on delay.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well 1.4 is up and running. Only had a brief run around tonight tho. Had all my skills refunded for Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter.. so the fun of picking them all again after the fiddling they've done.

Although woot, Now Bounty Hunters get an interrupt power.

And the companion "unify colour" works nicely to alleviate some of the total glare of mixed up outfits..

And the companion "unify colour" works nicely to alleviate some of the total glare of mixed up outfits..

'cept it seems broken, and also appears to have broken the character equivalent. I keep dropping back to non-unified colors and my headslot keeps coming back. In dialogues, NPC headslots flash on and off... it's obvious this patch was rushed out half-finished due to the "before the end of September" commitment they made. With the FP lag apparently coming from the server unifications and all the (admittedly nice) new features not working properly... not too impressed right now.

'cept it seems broken, and also appears to have broken the character equivalent. I keep dropping back to non-unified colors and my headslot keeps coming back. In dialogues, NPC headslots flash on and off... it's obvious this patch was rushed out half-finished due to the "before the end of September" commitment they made. With the FP lag apparently coming from the server unifications and all the (admittedly nice) new features not working properly... not too impressed right now.

And for bonus, gtn is not working and many people, including me, is having some major fps issues after the patch.

It's been like that from the beginning, Every time new patch comes you have to hope it will fix more than it breaks. It's getting veeery tiresome.

Edited by Slinky

And for bonus, gtn is not working and many people, including me, is having some major fps issues after the patch.

It's been like that from the beginning, Every time new patch comes you have to hope it will fix more than it breaks. It's getting veeery tiresome.

The GTN has been fixed, but still falls under the category of amazing bugs.

Despite the patch being a bit rough, I'm still really enjoying my first playthrough with a Jedi Knight. I just reached Taris. I'm trying not to fall in the whole light side point trap where I always choose the goodie two shoes stuff, but I've still racked up a ton.

edit: Oh, and getting a speeder at level 10 due to my legacy levels is awesome.

Edited by Hurlshot

I thought one of the chief complaints the stereotypical Bio-fan supposedly had was that *no-one* in the game was bisexual.

Then I heard that they would supposedly be patching in the same-sex relationships later, but no idea what became of that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I started the game about three weeks ago. Have a level 41 Jedi Sage. Very light side.

I have a giant lizard friend who often gets the crap beaten out of him while I kill things from afar.

I'm on the Harbinger and have done a single Flashpoint and only the Heroics I can solo.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I canceled my subscription. I actually think it's a great game. I kind of wish I'd jumped over from WoW before I'd gotten so disgusted by the MMORPG thing. There's a lot of new and interesting stuff in TOR, but it is, after all is said and done, still an MMG. Not for me. ...But the good thing about these games is that I can buy a game card from time to time and my characters and what not will probably still be there.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That's too bad Cant, I was just starting to get into a new character too. I find I take a break for a few weeks, then get an itch to continue a storyline.

Of course once Xcom comes out, I'll be off playing that for a good stretch.

That's too bad, I've fallen into a pretty nice pattern where I alternate between leveling a new guy and my main, though I really need to find a new guild, the hardcore raiding one is absolutely useless to me.

I think I might end up using TOR as a way to tide my time between other games. I got into Project Eternity and that got me onto New Vegas again, so I had to start another game.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well I'm having a few days break after having completed the Jedi Knights storyline and gotten my companion conversations all done.

The Emperor's Force Blasts in that battle were a total surprise the first time I tried it. I mean, c'mon. 20,080 hp damage with a single attack?

Once I got back in, I really kept an eye out to interrupt that attack when he tried it..

Plus the minor annoyance of being caught out with T7 as a companion (the only one you can have for that particular mission) with no warning, so all of his equipment was completely out of date where I haven't been using him..

Still, it was an entertaining finish, and leaves tht slight question of whether the Emperor is actually dead and gone or just.. force ghosting somewhere ready to do something nasty... :shifty:

Once I've had the break, I'll get back to my Sith Juggernaut and wrap up Chapter 2.. Hm, and potentially do some more with the Jedi Consular I've left at 10th level for awhile...

That leaves me the Republic Trooper and Imperial Agent to give a go as well at some point in the future.

Head back to Belsavis ? Poor bastards. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra