What Kickstarter Project Would You Fund?

Cutlock

Okay, so my partner and I have been thinking of making a project unded via Kickstarter, but before we do so we would need support from the people.

Race to the Underworld:

This is a game that has been at the back of my head for so long. Basically you play as a Black Ops operative in FPS and at certain points TPS, though that is optional for racing modes in the game. Basically this would be an hour long game with about three missions of FPS and three of racing.

The City:

You are a resident of an underwater city in the Norwegian (or is it Swedish or Finnish) White Sea. You end up being pushed into the center of resistance when a revolution called Scorpion Rising occurs. Takes many cues from Viking Mythology and Martian Myths.

Victorious (thats just the codename):

When the Fon Necromancer and his subordinates, The Troll and General Kush, threaten to send your nation to war, you discover a string of conspiracy theories and that the war is only to distract the world from the true, vile plan. I work on the story of this story regularily, in a novel format, though the way I am writing it, it can easily be adapted to a video game. I would find this game to be a RPG and that it could be a fun three hour experience.

Nihang or Khattaki Rebellion:

A platformer, you play as Akali Phula Singh and help quell the Khattaki Rebellion happening in Attock, culminating in a takeover of Peshawer from the deadly and dangerous Durrani Empire. Based off of real events.

I'll add more later.

A project from someone who has actual game development experience in games that were halfway good, modding experiences in mods that were halfway good, or at least, have real gameplay videos to show for the work they've already done so far.

What kind of game it is, is then secondary, and I'd be open to a variety of things, especially unusual ones.

• Like 1

A project from someone who has actual game development experience in games that were halfway good, modding experiences in mods that were halfway good, or at least, have real gameplay videos to show for the work they've already done so far.

Pretty much this. Ideas don't sell, a proven track record of being able to deliver does.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

also, these ideas have no gameplay details, the last one is "a platformer"..... that is not remotely enough detail. you talk about the characters goal more than how you get there, its looking at the project backwards

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You need to build up a name. That might involve, for example, making your first game free and open source.

It also means you should polish the game as much as possible to make a good first impression.

Because while many people are not as picky as the posters in this thread with their Kickstarter charity, you do still need SOMETHING to differentiate yourself from the Kickstarter masses and attract some investment dosh.

Edited by Krezack

Thank you critics:

Race to the Underworld:

This is a game that has been at the back of my head for so long. Basically you play as a Black Ops operative in FPS and at certain points TPS, though that is optional for racing modes in the game. Basically this would be an hour long game with about three missions of FPS and three of racing.

Okay, so the racing aspects of this game play out like Gran Turismo in first person mode, but like Crash Nitro Kart when you go into Third Person. This is to add a more diverse feeling to the game and so that you do not get bored. Another thing is that we are planning on adding many different ways to beat the bossses as well as AI that is like in the WWE video games. This is mostly to get people to feel that despite the game being forward, they can do a lot of different things to get to that one ending. FPS plays out like Black Ops. No online.

The City:

You are a resident of an underwater city in the Norwegian (or is it Swedish or Finnish) White Sea. You end up being pushed into the center of resistance when a revolution called Scorpion Rising occurs. Takes many cues from Viking Mythology and Martian Myths. This game is a full FPS, however, we do not borrow the aspects from Black Ops but rather from Doom 2. This is because unlike Race to the Underworld we are going for a more straightforward appraoch if this one is made, and to do so we are not going to make the players feel like they can only do what the devs want, but instead try and break free from the devs hold because it is open world and unlike Race to the Underworld you can achieve various endings, but its not a full RPG.

Victorious (thats just the codename):

When the Fon Necromancer and his subordinates, The Troll and General Kush, threaten to send your nation to war, you discover a string of conspiracy theories and that the war is only to distract the world from the true, vile plan. I work on the story of this story regularily, in a novel format, though the way I am writing it, it can easily be adapted to a video game. I would find this game to be a RPG and that it could be a fun three hour experience.

So being a RPG, some people can expect Fallout or Skyrim. We are going for the classic Dark Alliance Snowblind approach here with hints and clues from Icewind Dale II. This is because we want to push the isometric hack and slash to a new level. So while you guys could say its a remake of Dark Alliance, in reality we are just trying to make a game that you can have fun playing, but you get the choice to either cut down everything or go strategically. If anything we are also taking good hints from 4e D&D.

Nihang or Khattaki Rebellion:

A platformer, you play as Akali Phula Singh and help quell the Khattaki Rebellion happening in Attock, culminating in a takeover of Peshawer from the deadly and dangerous Durrani Empire. Based off of real events. Guys this is just a 2D Sonic clone and I seriously say that nobody should fund this since I could probably finish it overnight [my producer wanted me to put it here].

As for experience, I do have some:

* I have gotten to know a lot about the industry from SuperBot Entertainment and Subdued Software, both of whom I can get a lot of information from abhout the procedures of how this stuff all works and whatnot.

* I have currently finished writing the story of a PC Sudoku styled RPG (Don't ask me how it works).

* I have also given advice to Wolf Games about Cheetah, 3DS Max and Blender modelling.

I wouldn't buy any of the games you've pitched here because frankly it sounds like I'd have a better time and value for money if I picked up the games you're listing as references instead. It's also worth pointing out that 2d platformers are big with amature game devs who upload to sites like newgrounds that as well as being quite fun, don't just take inspiration from old games but also innovate and are free.

If you're set on making a short game then maybe it would be better to do something like a card game or something with a random element that offers decent replay value. Or hell, try interactive fiction if you have a novel written up. You could try an approach similar to Masq, probably very cheaply compared to other genre game budgets too if you know someone who can draw.

I wouldn't buy any of the games you've pitched here because frankly it sounds like I'd have a better time and value for money if I picked up the games you're listing as references instead. It's also worth pointing out that 2d platformers are big with amature game devs who upload to sites like newgrounds that as well as being quite fun, don't just take inspiration from old games but also innovate and are free.

If you're set on making a short game then maybe it would be better to do something like a card game or something with a random element that offers decent replay value. Or hell, try interactive fiction if you have a novel written up. You could try an approach similar to Masq, probably very cheaply compared to other genre game budgets too if you know someone who can draw.

Oh, don't worry, I actually would not buy them either; like I said, my producer is making me do this.

I would personally fund Baldur's Gate 3, Dark Alliance 3, a new Crash bandicoot and a new Spelljammer.

Cutlock, I owe you an apology. My last post was originally longer and more polite but I axed a paragraph and didn't do a decent job of editing what was left, I didn't mean to come off as brash as that and I'm sorry if I offended you..

Edited by Serrano

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of game it is, is then secondary, and I'd be open to a variety of things, especially unusual ones.

Play the guitar. Play it again, my Johnny. So cold.

So what about Prosper's project? I was always a fool for my Fallout. But for once, I want to be seen as more than a fallout modder. Tell me, what If I go and make a kickstarter.. One that is approved! What if others are cruel? Will you donate? There was never a mod like mine. :(

redacted