"Minimum reference to Al Qaeda"

Walsingham

"Bringing war and destabilization to muslim countries in the middle east creates suffering, and eventually refugee camps, emigration etc.

The more we stir it up over there, the more they come over here and take advantage of our freedom and welfare system.

If you don't want them around, the best thing to do is leave them alone."

Oh, please. Muslims/Arabs don't flee their home countries to other coutnries liek the US, Canada, and Europe because Western coutnries happen to bomb them. They flee their home countries because their country's gov'ts treat them like crap. And, that's putting it mildly.

You are basically parroting what Iran's leaders want you to beleive - blame the West for every problem you face even when its you are creating it. Organizations like AQ, and the Iran gov't are very likely responsible for more Muslim deaths and despair than the US cna ever hope to be.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Zor, you're a smart guy, but you're talking through your hat. Can you honestly tell me you've read a single book on Al Qaeda's history and methodology?

OK, I really sounded like a prick there. Sorry Zor. :)

No worries, I wasn't in the least bit offended anyway. I don't think I'll add anything further at this point since this is a fairly well trod argument other than to say that the main bone of contention is probably where the line is drawn at what constitutes AlQ as opposed to regional players like the Taliban. I have read plenty on AlQ though, but have little interest in a citation war.

Zor, you're a smart guy, but you're talking through your hat. Can you honestly tell me you've read a single book on Al Qaeda's history and methodology?

OK, I really sounded like a prick there. Sorry Zor. >_<

No worries, I wasn't in the least bit offended anyway. I don't think I'll add anything further at this point since this is a fairly well trod argument other than to say that the main bone of contention is probably where the line is drawn at what constitutes AlQ as opposed to regional players like the Taliban. I have read plenty on AlQ though, but have little interest in a citation war.

A kind apology and a valid point. I'd also suggest that IF we got into it in more detail it would be as much about the fragility of what we term our interests. If there's one lesson I take from history it's that civilisations feel most unassailable just before they gutter and die.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Al Qaeda still pretty real for Somalians:

65 dead, 50 injured.

Lovely AlQ inspired shift from trying to run the country to simply refusing to let anyone else run it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's about a typical day's body count for Mogadishu, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

65 dead, 50 injured.

Lovely AlQ inspired shift from trying to run the country to simply refusing to let anyone else run it.

As an illustration of what I was saying, I'd call Al-Shabab and the like Taliban clones, not an AlQ franchise. They're primarily an armed militia that uses terrorist tactics on occasion- like the Taliban, or the (non-muslim) Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, for that matter- and whose primary aims are internal to their country.

65 dead, 50 injured.

You mean that the both guys who hate the west are fighting each other? :lol:

I know its wrong of me, but somehow this doesn't feel like completely bad news.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

65 dead, 50 injured.

You mean that the both guys who hate the west are fighting each other? ;)

I'm no expert on Somalia, but quite a lot of Somalis like the West. After all, bongzillions keep coming here.

-Elwood Blues

65 dead, 50 injured.

You mean that the both guys who hate the west are fighting each other? :o

I'm no expert on Somalia, but quite a lot of Somalis like the West. After all, bongzillions keep coming here.

Free food beats no food. Then ship money home to fund the struggle. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

65 dead, 50 injured.

Free food beats no food. Then ship money home to fund the struggle. :o

:( Maybe. I still doubt it, tho.

-Elwood Blues

65 dead, 50 injured.

Free food beats no food. Then ship money home to fund the struggle. :o

:( Maybe. I still doubt it, tho.

Inside joke, our security police recently busted a pair of somalis who were recruiting/financing al-shabaab.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

65 dead, 50 injured.

Free food beats no food. Then ship money home to fund the struggle. :p

:) Maybe. I still doubt it, tho.

Inside joke, our security police recently busted a pair of somalis who were recruiting/financing al-shabaab.

From sources I unfortunately can't reveal, I've been told that they make up a disproportinate amount of the money transferred out of the country (Denmark). They are also pretty miffed that their right to implement sharia law (stoning and all) is being trampled underfoot.

I wonder if I can find a different, public source for the figures. Sigh, Google is not much help there unless I can come up with some clever way of narrowing it down :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein