London Riots

Nightshape

What is the ethnic composition of the rioters and Tottenham in general.

Rioters seem to be made up of Chav's, and Black folk far as I can tell.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Nice try, LoF. A smattering of looting and a few attacks on restaurants isn't the revolution.

I agree with one Tory MP that it's disgusting that we consider anti-riot methods like water cannons and rubber bullets good enough for the Irish but far too rough for the mainland. is this the ****ing 19th century?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nice try, LoF. A smattering of looting and a few attacks on restaurants isn't the revolution.

Yes, that is what HAPPENS when you have RIOTS.

Do you think LOOTING wasn't TAKING PLACE in EGYPT, LIBYA, YEMEN, etc?

It is AMAZING that the GOVERNMENT of ENGLAND is saying it has been THREE DAYS of CRIMINALITY.

So wasn't it THREE DAYS of CRIMINALITY in NORTH AFRICA and the MIDDLE EAST as WELL?

Of course not, those were PEACEFUL PROTESTS taking place in EGYPT, YEMEN, LIBYA, etc.

The Danish police crowd control tactics consists of never allowing a demonstration to face a line of baton equipped police head on. Instead they get right up in the faces of the few in the front line of the hostile protesters who are agitating and willing to fight using police vans. They don't arrest anyone initially but try and create momentum that will break the enemy lines. It turns out the 'blitzkrieg' approach is surprisingly effective.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Just itching to make this about integration eh...

No actually, because I'd out and out say that its very likely that the black community is british born, and has been for some time.

It's a poverty thing.

What is the ethnic composition of the rioters and Tottenham in general.

Rioters seem to be made up of Chav's, and Black folk far as I can tell.

So its a poverty thing.

...Ah you said that already.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It is AMAZING that the GOVERNMENT of ENGLAND is saying it has been THREE DAYS of CRIMINALITY.

So wasn't it THREE DAYS of CRIMINALITY in NORTH AFRICA and the MIDDLE EAST as WELL?

Of course not, those were PEACEFUL PROTESTS taking place in EGYPT, YEMEN, LIBYA, etc.

Propaganda is propaganda... But this isn't a revolution. It's young idiots realising they can steal ****.

Propaganda is propaganda... But this isn't a revolution. It's young idiots realising they can steal ****.

A REVOLUTION is in the MINDS of those who are RIOTING

They WANT their SITUATION to CHANGE and if it means OVERTHROWING the GOVERNMENT or PUT PRESSURE on the GOVERNMENT to DEAL with some of their IMMEDIATE CONCERNS, then the RIOTS would have ACCOMPLISHED its GOAL.

I agree with one Tory MP that it's disgusting that we consider anti-riot methods like water cannons and rubber bullets good enough for the Irish but far too rough for the mainland. is this the ****ing 19th century?

I think its not a question of kindness but fear of further escalation if some the rioters get killed.

I've seen it happen here as well. Police numbers shrink, while cities at the same time go through a massive population boom so when a full blown riot erupts there is no way to stop it without resorting to extremes which would make the situation even worse.

So they essentially let the thing run its course and try to limit the damage.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

A REVOLUTION is in the MINDS of those who are RIOTING

They WANT their SITUATION to CHANGE and if it means OVERTHROWING the GOVERNMENT or PUT PRESSURE on the GOVERNMENT to DEAL with some of their IMMEDIATE CONCERNS, then the RIOTS would have ACCOMPLISHED its GOAL.

You do realise we're talking about a small minority of people who just realised that if they band togeather they can steal ****, they're mostly kids too.

Seriously, you're an idiot if you even think its more... I'd wager that the violence and looting stops over the next day or so.

The general attitude of people is that they should start using rubber bullets on these suckers.

Maybe i have lived in a sheltered life in sunny scandinavia, but the whole idea of "poor" people raiding the city just to loot around sounds completely alien to me. Is this a new thing in the UK?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So... is it ok to say "TAKE THAT!" to the snooty brits who looked down on us Vancouverites now?

Well, they know how to riot, not like those wussies in Vancouver and TO :huh:

Still, interesting to hear the police can't use rubber bullets or tear gas without the Home Secretary's direction ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This reminds me of 1989. I was a fresh faced sailor deployed to my first duty station, USS Enterprise, when a few of us decided to go to Berkley (California). Well it just so happened that it was the anniversary of some bum getting shot by police in a place called Peoples Park and in the span of minutes to whole place blew up into a riot. Were talking overturned police cars, fires, etc... I distictly remember standing on a street corner eating a piece of pizza and watching a few rioters try to hold up a piece of plywood in an unsuccessful attempt to block a fire truck water cannon. It was wild. Whats the point of this story? None.

Hope everything turns out alright. :huh:

Hm, I seem to recall stumbling on some news report yesterday that made mention that a lot of the "heavy riot gear" isn't actually kept in the UK, it's most in Ireland, so they'd have to take the time to ship some of it back to London before it would be available for use... Some of the big water cannon type stuff for dispersing rioters and the like...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Unfortunately, I could see this happening a lot more and in other countries.

This has less to do with the shooting and more to do with the lower classes becoming disatisfied with the situation they are in. When the gap gets so large and it starts to become impossible for the low income to survive or improve their lives, this happens. If they have no hope of a future, why should they care about it?

Of course there is a lot of criminals running about, but I highly doubt they all are.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Unfortunately, I could see this happening a lot more and in other countries.

This has less to do with the shooting and more to do with the lower classes becoming less content with the situation they are in. When the gap gets so large and it starts to become impossible for the low income to survive or improve their lives, this happens. If they have no hope of a future, why should they care about it?

Of course there is a lot of criminals running about, but I highly doubt they all are.

Well there's a lot of reports about the various youth gangs taking part and the looting going on.. and the fact that they're using things like Facebook and Blackberries to text /instant message each other to coordinate and avoid police and start off riots as distractions....

Which makes me wonder how well it'll be to get those records and access to prove "conspiracy to commit" charges which are notoriously hard to prove... :huh:

If this keeps going another few days you can kiss your Olympic games 2012 bye bye.

I suppose then we'll see the real riots starting....

You really think that ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Luckily for them RIM will never turn over data to a governmental agency. Maybe this'll die down once football season starts this weekend ?

If this keeps going another few days you can kiss your Olympic games 2012 bye bye.

I suppose then we'll see the real riots starting....

You really think that ?

Actually, most of the people are know would appreciate the Olympics not being here.

A lot of people have the view that the government is wasting a crapload of cash on the Olympics when it could be better used for things like..oh.. health and education.

The Olympics is taking on the same sort of view as the Millenium Dome when it was being built.

It'll be nice and shiny but pretty much a money pit and waste.

Well there's a lot of reports about the various youth gangs taking part and the looting going on.. and the fact that they're using things like Facebook and Blackberries to text /instant message each other to coordinate and avoid police and start off riots as distractions....

So wait, not only are the gangs coordinated but working together?

Can't even count on turf rivalries these days.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif