Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Was it as bad as they say?

No, it was beautiful, had some interesting and more mature players that I imagine roam some of the more popular games. I played on an RP PVP server, which of course helped in regards to maturity.

But while the community and the setting was extremely nice the gameplay was just sorta lacking, I completely lost interest in leveling because the grinding was so horrible. But I hate mmos exactly for that so call me jaded.

Yup, AoC was a bright beacon of potential in the post-WoW world, but the developer/publisher dropped the ball on endgame content and post-release support basically killing AoC a few months in.

No, it was beautiful, had some interesting and more mature players that I imagine roam some of the more popular games. I played on an RP PVP server, which of course helped in regards to maturity.

But while the community and the setting was extremely nice the gameplay was just sorta lacking, I completely lost interest in leveling because the grinding was so horrible. But I hate mmos exactly for that so call me jaded.

Yup, AoC was a bright beacon of potential in the post-WoW world, but the developer/publisher dropped the ball on endgame content and post-release support basically killing AoC a few months in.

I've just read it got 300000 new subs since going F2P. Maybe there is hope yet.

Which should I drop into, WH Online or Age of Conan as both are free now?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Warhammer Online is 'free' for all of ten levels.

And I'm not sure if anyone still plays in premium tiers.

IIRC Age of Conan has better population and less restrictions.

Age of Conan's starter island (Tortuga?) is one of the best game experiences I've had. The story and setting are just fantastic. It's about 15 hours of gameplay, it covers the first 20 levels. I played through it with three different characters and enjoyed it each time.

I thought the game fell apart after that, but it doesn't take away from that fantastic first island.

I've just read it got 300000 new subs since going F2P. Maybe there is hope yet.

I'm probably the worst person to ask this and I had totally forgotten about WH Online.

Looks like you got your answer though.

EDIT: Wait, what dark magic is this? Aren't we contractually obligated to hate MMOs here, save for a few specific people?

Edited by Purkake

So it looks like there's very mixed feelings out there with EA's delivery of the news that they will actually stagger the number of SW:TOR copies they release.

Apparently the numbers of pre-orders have suprised them, so rather then release "more" digital or physical copies right away, they plan to stagger it out to give them suitable time to see just how well the servers handle the numbers, and provide time to improve/expand capacity before they allow a next wave of game copies released..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

EDIT: Wait, what dark magic is this? Aren't we contractually obligated to hate MMOs here, save for a few specific people?

The dark magic is not having anything else to play that doesn't cost money.

My sales pitch for AoC was so effective that I decided to load it up myself. They've got a new hardcore PvP server ruleset that looks interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

Let's meet in there sometime! I'll send you a message when I get to it (in a week or two after exams :lol: )

My sales pitch for AoC was so effective that I decided to load it up myself. They've got a new hardcore PvP server ruleset that looks interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

Let's meet in there sometime! I'll send you a message when I get to it (in a week or two after exams :lol: )

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure I can play on the EU servers.

So it looks like there's very mixed feelings out there with EA's delivery of the news that they will actually stagger the number of SW:TOR copies they release.

Apparently the numbers of pre-orders have suprised them, so rather then release "more" digital or physical copies right away, they plan to stagger it out to give them suitable time to see just how well the servers handle the numbers, and provide time to improve/expand capacity before they allow a next wave of game copies released..

Interesting.. I guess they are dedicated to making money the smart way after all. Who would've though.

Fortune favors the bald.

The dark magic is not having anything else to play that doesn't cost money.

It's called having a backlog.

and/or Steam Summer Sale

EDIT: If you have too much free time, play the EVE 14 day trial, that's a guaranteed time sink.

Edited by Purkake

Too much talk about MMO's... nice clean thread here o:)

:p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein