Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Sorry, but Portal 2 crates crawl around on their own and this Bodycount thing has been way overhyped for me to bother with.

Jeez why are you pissing on the man's parade (that includes Morgy too)?

Regardless of how good or bad the game is he put a lot of effort into it, you don't have to dismiss it so vocally.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Sorry, but Portal 2 crates crawl around on their own and this Bodycount thing has been way overhyped for me to bother with.

;) Give the demo a shot.

I genuinely wanna know what people think, as for over hyped, I mean WTF? Really?

Is the demo out now? I'd like to give it a look, at least, but so few people are talking about it (pretty much just you) on the internet that I figured it was a long ways away.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

;) Give the demo a shot.

I genuinely wanna know what people think, as for over hyped, I mean WTF? Really?

Is the demo out now? I'd like to give it a look, at least, but so few people are talking about it (pretty much just you) on the internet that I figured it was a long ways away.

Came out today on Xbox.

All I can really say is, love it or hate it, its bloody different, and if you're tired of COD style shooters, you may wish to check it out, if only for a bit of fun.

That's the thing really, its a real fun little game where stuff gets destroyed, its certainly not perfect, but I think it has its own charm.

If anything I'm desperate for feedback, because I had an influence on all kinds of things, and I'm genuinely curious if I've gotten some things right - though I expect most of the stuff I was involved with won't get shouted out, it'll just seem right.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Epic Games president Mike Capps says how it is

"Everyone knows the middle class is disappearing from the console business. Gears of War, I hope will do really well, but a pretty good game doesn't make its money back any more. A game like Homefront sells a couple of million copies and they close the studio, right?

"That's not enough any more. That's pretty depressing. You don't want to see what happens to an industry where it's Call of Duty, Halo and Gears and no-one else has enough money to make any games any more. That's not a fun industry.

"I can't bet my entire company every time I make a game, that's a really dangerous business," Capps added.

This sucks.

So I completely missed the EA conference. Did they show something interesting? Syndicate?

Nothing intresting. Really lackluster "gameplay" video of Mass Effect 3, bunch of people playing Old Republic (looks pretty outdated and clumsy). They announced some new Warhamme Online game and Street/Indoor Fifa.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Came out today on Xbox.

All I can really say is, love it or hate it, its bloody different, and if you're tired of COD style shooters, you may wish to check it out, if only for a bit of fun.

That's the thing really, its a real fun little game where stuff gets destroyed, its certainly not perfect, but I think it has its own charm.

If anything I'm desperate for feedback, because I had an influence on all kinds of things, and I'm genuinely curious if I've gotten some things right - though I expect most of the stuff I was involved with won't get shouted out, it'll just seem right.

I might check it out tonight. Today is Bastion's PC release, don't know if I'll drag myself away from it.

Is it in a similar vein to Painkiller and Serious Sam? Trying to say it's not like COD is meaningless to me, because I haven't played COD since 2.

First time I've heard of this Bodycount game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Came out today on Xbox.

I might check it out tonight. Today is Bastion's PC release, don't know if I'll drag myself away from it.

Is it in a similar vein to Painkiller and Serious Sam? Trying to say it's not like COD is meaningless to me, because I haven't played COD since 2.

I'd say its somewhere between Halo meets Painkiller/Serious Sam with destructable environments. Its very unique, but if you like run and gun, with the occasional duck behind cover then yeah it may be to your tastes.

Fighting the psycho character is very much like a tough enemy in Painkiller.

I would appriciate yours, and anyones thoughts if you find time to check out the demo.

I'll pay special attention to the crates.

... That ME3 demo looked like ****. :I

Surely not... If Bioware screw up ME3, I'll be rather upset, they bloosy well screwed up DA2, I don't want them to screw up more.

Jesus another Bioware MMO.

Why haven't EA shut down Mythic already? Warhammer was a failure, and I don't ever see that company again making another competitve MMO.

Original IP?

Original IP MMO? Nobody wants that. The times for big subsciption based MMOs are over.

God I hope so.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

... That ME3 demo looked like ****. :I

Surely not... If Bioware screw up ME3, I'll be rather upset, they bloosy well screwed up DA2, I don't want them to screw up more.

It wasn't the gameplay so much as the crude camera foci on the companions. I couldn't see enough of the gameplay because the demo was simply, as I put it, ****.

Also, while I'm on the subject, my absolute favourite fantasy creature has recently been the ****atrice. :)

Ed: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-mass-effect/719046

Also wrote to squeenix e-mail support. Frankly, if this means my UK preorder from last year isn't going to work for me, I'm going to be pretty ****in' angry. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif