Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

DOTA is something I despise. I basically killed Warcraft3's custom maps, and if you were trying to learn you were trolled, constantly.

Bad crowd?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

DOTA is something I despise. I basically killed Warcraft3's custom maps, and if you were trying to learn you were trolled, constantly.

Bad crowd?

If you're not born a pro uninstall right now.

Bad crowd?

If you're not born a pro uninstall right now.

All online games get their share of jerks. Any particular reason for the hate?

Probably like Tribes 1 at this point, the only ones left are the insular super hardcore ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Probably like Tribes 1 at this point, the only ones left are the insular super hardcore ?

The ones that didn't get the news that it was time to stop playing the game half a decade ago? :p

Never time to stop playing Tribes, only about 50 of them last time I checked. But is nice to see games having a long life.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wish I didn't play 16 hours straight while listening to 'Rollin'' by Limp Bizkit. Hearing that awful song gives me flashbacks of Raindance and Broadside :p

Well, when you see something like

"DOTA Allstars 3.5 -banlist -allrandom -insanity -quickstart...."

in 90% of the games that pop up, it gets really frustrating.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All the cool kids are playing Tribes 2, since the online authentication was duplicated and the game re-released for free.

Edited by Purkake

If you want to try out the MOBA/DotA scene then I'd suggest League of Legends, it's free to play and fairly friendly to the newbies. I switched from DotA to play this a couple years ago and never looked back.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

If you want to try out the MOBA/DotA scene then I'd suggest League of Legends, it's free to play and fairly friendly to the newbies. I switched from DotA to play this a couple years ago and never looked back.

DotA 2 is coming soon and I really like how Valve has done the game so far (graphically) so I thought I'd pop in. But I'm not dying to get raped by "pro" players fifty times in a row, so I hope there'll be some sort of ranking system that'll let me play with people of my skill level.

I couldn't stand the WCIII graphics (and Azeroth in general) which is why I never got into DotA.

I'll check out League of Legends in the meanwhile, thanks.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

HARDOCP get an inside look into Euclideon's Unlimited Detail tech, it's interesting stuff but the guy in charge is murderously annoying.

The man has been and continue's to spew BULL****!

Edited by Gorth
Language

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

HARDOCP get an inside look into Euclideon's Unlimited Detail tech, it's interesting stuff but the guy in charge is murderously annoying.

I'm at least persuaded that they're genuinely working on something but I don't think it'll catch on.

Edited by Gorth
Consistency

I'm at least persuaded that they're genuinely working on something but I don't think it'll catch on.

I'm just not buying it... Everything is constantly wrong, everything from language through to bizzare claims coupled with illogical statements.

Edited by Gorth
*Sigh*

I did notice him repeatedly say "level of distance" when referring to LOD :thumbsup:

Data compacting, opposed to compression - that was another.

Nobody in the industry seems to be buying it - to my knowledge atleast, and that's quite the net.

Hands on Tribes : Ascend

Seems interesting. Apparently only two weapon slots, the disc thrower is bad and skiing is too slow, from some unofficial feedback

Anyone else get an e-mail about a Bethesda forums security breach?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got two. Nice to know they care for us banned folk :lol:

High five!

Well, he did ask the question.

I'll check out League of Legends in the meanwhile, thanks.
You'll be on EU Nordic/East, right? Add me, I'm

TheLazyOne

. :lol:

Sure, when I get to my regular PC. I'm subjected to netbook torture at the moment.