DS3 is the first decent Dungeon Siege Game

I played DS1 when it came out, and while I thought the engine was somewhat impressive, I found it extremely boring. I was clicking on stuff and it was dying and then I clicked some more. I picked up some companions who had no personality and then I killed a bunch of stuff and I didn't know why.

Then I tried DS2 because folks said it was better, but it wasn't.

When Obsidian got the license for Dungeon Siege, I didn't get it. It was a generic action-RPG set in a generic fantasy world. I worried that they would not be able to infuse it with their magic.

I was happily wrong, they've crafted a great story and introduced a solid cast of characters. They've created an engaging character leveling system and the combat has kept me on my toes. Well done!

yea... ds3 is the best of the series... ds1 was fine ds2 was boring like hell...

dungeon siege need to thanks obsidian for taking mid-low quality title and bring it to the front of action rpg...

all the low rating in site is the 100 fanboys that ds1 and ds2 have... they try break the sales to change it to the low series that was before obsidian...

poor gamer...

That's the way to see it.. every sequel don't have to be the same as the original games.. and the gameplay in this game it's great.. nice equipment ( specially the last weapons and armors ) .. just gimme a New game + and quest DLC :D

yea... ds3 is the best of the series... ds1 was fine ds2 was boring like hell...

dungeon siege need to thanks obsidian for taking mid-low quality title and bring it to the front of action rpg...

all the low rating in site is the 100 fanboys that ds1 and ds2 have... they try break the sales to change it to the low series that was before obsidian...

poor gamer...

and yet sites like IGN and Gamespot gave the originals far better review scores? Sorry it's not just the DS fanboys.

In other news, Fallout 3 is the first decent Fallout game.

No.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My sarcasm meter is going off the charts :D

To op....Therein lies the irony. This is not really a Dungeon Siege game. It's ok, just not DS.

Edited by rc deaths agent

Maybe it's just because it's late/early, but the last few threads I've read I've laughed quite a bit. I'm not certain if some of the responses are meant to be funny or not, but they are hilarious right now.

I have to say I loved DS2. DS1 was meh...it was a nice idea...and I loved the music, but I'd rather play Diablo or some other game. DS2 kept me hooked for a playthrough or two. Thought it was great.

Have to finish DS3 before passing any judgement on it.

and yet sites like IGN and Gamespot gave the originals far better review scores? Sorry it's not just the DS fanboys.

Even some/most of the journalists are fanboys of something. Not saying this is the case with IGN/Gamespot reviews.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hit the nail on the head.

(First Fallout games were good for their day though)

Anyone remember Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel on the Xboxl (which was actually a decent game)?

Yeah... thought so...

Different doesn't mean bad.

poor gamer...

They also gave Oblivion rave reviews. Games sometimes get crazy scores for being technically impressive for their time and Dungeon Siege was an impressive engine. Fast forward a few years and Space Siege is slammed by both sites with many of the exact same criticisms that could have been labeled at Dungeon Siege. I remember trying the DS demo back when it was released and being amazed by what I was seeing, only to get burned out on the demo never to buy the full version. Well, until recently that is in prep for # 3.