So, Whats your Reason ?

Hai all

Simple Question for the Com. Whats your Reason to play along after beating the Game once ?

Will you start an Alt or just Enjoy the Multiplayer, Archievment Hunts or try to Level your Char on Max ?

Wich Reason do you have to stick on Dungeon Siege 3 ? Share your Opinions with the Community.

At the moment? I'm just enjoy the multiplayer; the combat is fun but I couldn't be bothered dictating the direction in conversations (Or just skipping it). I don't really care for the whole "But you don't get any items out of it!"'; as long as the character I'm playing is geared enough to do more damage than tickle the enemy I'm happy.

Play with different characters, choose different story options and see what happens in the ending/etc, co-op with a bunch of friends. Just beat it and will start again tonight.

You wouldn't rather have a persistent save of your version of Reinhart or Lucas, Katarina, or Anjali to take with you to other friends games and play through the story with them and maybe find some different weapons or armor?

Well, that would involve someone I know who owns the game instead of randoms on the internet, now wouldn't it? Might sound a little sad but I don't exactly know anyone else who owns the game.

Only have a couple achievements left... thought this game was going to last me a few weeks at least... ended up simply being a one weekend game :shifty: getting the last couple achievements is the only motivation I have for playing this game.. Pretty annoying considering I played the original Dungeon Siege for years.

You wouldn't rather have a persistent save of your version of Reinhart or Lucas, Katarina, or Anjali to take with you to other friends games and play through the story with them and maybe find some different weapons or armor?

Well, that would involve someone I know who owns the game instead of randoms on the internet, now wouldn't it? Might sound a little sad but I don't exactly know anyone else who owns the game.

Nope it wouldn't. Having a persistent save of your own character doesn't have to involve anyone else at all. It just means you would have a save of your version of Lucas to play in single player, or multiplayer if you CHOOSE. Also a persistent character save makes it easier to play with randoms and meet new friends to play the game with because you have your own version of Anjali and if you don't like the group you are with you can leave and find another group until you meet some cool new mates to games with (it's really not that hard I promise, a lot of gamers are actually *gasp* really cool and I've met some great folks on Xbox Live). our own version of the character would let you host or join a game and never lose progress on your character.

Nope it wouldn't. Having a persistent save of your own character doesn't have to involve anyone else at all. It just means you would have a save of your version of Lucas to play in single player, or multiplayer if you CHOOSE. Also a persistent character save makes it easier to play with randoms and meet new friends to play the game with because you have your own version of Anjali and if you don't like the group you are with you can leave and find another group until you meet some cool new mates to games with (it's really not that hard I promise, a lot of gamers are actually *gasp* really cool and I've met some great folks on Xbox Live). our own version of the character would let you host or join a game and never lose progress on your character.

Alas, I don't think persistent characters are going to happen for this game. I'm all for it, but the attitude from Obsidian seems to be "just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't enjoy it". I started a poll about this a while ago, but no-one responded to it. It seems to be a 50/50 split on the persistent character idea.

Go start your poll on Steam or GameFaqs or somewhere more people post.

I don't think itsd going to happen either, that a big rework of core design. I just don't want to see this style of co-op implemented in any RPG ever again.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

I'll probably play through with some of the other characters and see how they handle. I don't think the choices I've made will affect the outcome too much, but I haven't finished it yet so I may be surprised! :lol:

It's still fun to play through with each character to try out their abilities right? I mean I have 16 sacred 2 characters (most are lower level but still fun to try out new builds) ....

I've had a quick dabble with two of the characters and they play completely differently and they are both fun. As for replayability, though, I can't say until I've finished it. I've replayed after getting halfway through and it seems fine, there's plenty of action and enough scope with the customisation and loot to keep things relatively fresh.

See this will make the game worthwhile as a single player title (the 4 characters being way different). And even though I'd rate the game somewhere in the 60's, just for having such a streamlined feature set, I might end up really digging the SP experience. Many people around here seem to think that someone with a critical viewpoint is just a hater. It needs to be understood that soeone can really enjoy a game and really criticise it as well.

See this will make the game worthwhile as a single player title (the 4 characters being way different). And even though I'd rate the game somewhere in the 60's, just for having such a streamlined feature set, I might end up really digging the SP experience. Many people around here seem to think that someone with a critical viewpoint is just a hater. It needs to be understood that soeone can really enjoy a game and really criticise it as well.

I'm loving the SP. I'm dreading it ending TBH. It is shorter than a lot of RPG's, but there's not as much dialogue. There's tons of lore if you like reading up on the history of the world, but the action is where it's at for me. Adding dodges and blocks really benefits the experience (as opposed to click until creature is dead).