NHL

Tale

Omg, Tim Connolly.. I've never liked the guy and he has to go sign a lucrative contract with my stupid club! Really Toronto, Tim Connolly is what we were missing?! ****.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Never much liked Connolly either, but then maybe disliking the guy who played for a rival is a good thing. I mean, I didn't like Mogilny when he played in Buffalo either. Anyway, better Connolly for two years than Richards for nine.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Omg, Tim Connolly.. I've never liked the guy and he has to go sign a lucrative contract with my stupid club! Really Toronto, Tim Connolly is what we were missing?! ****.

How about getting rid of Lebda? Leafs shipped him and Robert Slainey out for Cody Franson and Matthew Lombardi. There is also a conditional 4th going either way depending on if Lombardi manages to play more than 60 games over the next two years.

How about getting rid of Lebda? Leafs shipped him and Robert Slainey out for Cody Franson and Matthew Lombardi. There is also a conditional 4th going either way depending on if Lombardi manages to play more than 60 games over the next two years.

Lebda was a -3 in in a 9-3 Leafs win over the Thrashers last season. Lebda for Lombardi alone would have been fantastic. That we got Franson as well? So much win.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The Sharks traded Heatley to the Wild for Havlat. It's a pretty shocking trade, I didn't think anyone would take Heatley considering his contract. After the shock wore off, I'd say it is a good trade for both sides. The Wild get a guy who can still score a lot of goals, paired with Koivu and Setoguchi they've got a very dangerous top line, which is not something they've always had in the past.

San Jose frees up a bit of cap room, adds a guy with good speed, and Havlat has done well in the playoffs. I don't expect him to threaten for 40 goals like I would from Heatley, but the Sharks lacked speed up front, particularly when they traded Setoguchi.

It's going to be an interesting season, to say the least. Last year I had trouble getting into the games, but now I've got some fresh faces to follow.

Bad trade by the Sharks. They've had their best playoffs with heatley the last two seasons despite him not putting up lots of points. The guy played witha broken hand for pete's sake. Thatb said, Havlat is a pretty good player as well - not Heatley ggood - but not garbage like what Ottawa got in the earlier trade so we all know SJ will still be one of the top teams.

That said, this is the reason why I had no problem with Heatley demanding a trade when he felt unhappy in Ottawa. Teams have no loyalty to players - neither do fans. As soon as the Sharks felty getting rid of Heatley was best for them (ito) they did it with no hesitation depsite him working his butt off and being a team player iduring his time in Sharklan. The same thing happen in Philly with the two forwards they threw in the trash. Heatley was 'evil and selfish' for wanting to do right by himself but it is a-ok for the Sharks to do the same.

This is why I lvoe it when players don't let teams, the league, and fans to bully them.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jagr is back in the NHL? I might watch some games this season again, for nostalgia purposes ofcourse :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bad trade by the Sharks. They've had their best playoffs with heatley the last two seasons despite him not putting up lots of points. The guy played witha broken hand for pete's sake. Thatb said, Havlat is a pretty good player as well - not Heatley ggood - but not garbage like what Ottawa got in the earlier trade so we all know SJ will still be one of the top teams.

That said, this is the reason why I had no problem with Heatley demanding a trade when he felt unhappy in Ottawa. Teams have no loyalty to players - neither do fans. As soon as the Sharks felty getting rid of Heatley was best for them (ito) they did it with no hesitation depsite him working his butt off and being a team player iduring his time in Sharklan. The same thing happen in Philly with the two forwards they threw in the trash. Heatley was 'evil and selfish' for wanting to do right by himself but it is a-ok for the Sharks to do the same.

This is why I lvoe it when players don't let teams, the league, and fans to bully them.

I am a fan of Heatley, he played hard the two seasons he was in San Jose, and I realize he was injured during the playoffs. But the one thing the Sharks lack now that they shored up the defense is speed, and Havlat gives them that. They have a fair amount of shooters to fill in for Heatley. Plus, it frees up 2.5 million in cap space, which lets them pick up some decent 3rd and 4th line guys.

"I am a fan of Heatley, he played hard the two seasons he was in San Jose, and I realize he was injured during the playoffs. But the one thing the Sharks lack now that they shored up the defense is speed, and Havlat gives them that. They have a fair amount of shooters to fill in for Heatley. Plus, it frees up 2.5 million in cap space, which lets them pick up some decent 3rd and 4th line guys."

Lack of speed is not why they lost to the Canucks.

Nor did I claim that SJ would somehow lose scoring. We all know the Sharks are going to be one of the best teams in the league. Swapping Heatley for Havlat won't change that. But, the trade doesn't make them better.

The main point, hwoever, is why should players be expected to be 'loyal' when teams and fans are not?

Heck, even Jagr is getting attacked by Pens and their fans for his 'disloyalty' for choosing Philly over Pittsburgh despite them throwing jagr in the trash a decade ago and slamming him over and over again. he owes them nothing.

Did I say I loathe fans and teams? Because, i dio, and I keep getting more evidence why I should every single second.

"I am a fan of Heatley, he played hard the two seasons he was in San Jose, and I realize he was injured during the playoffs. But the one thing the Sharks lack now that they shored up the defense is speed, and Havlat gives them that. They have a fair amount of shooters to fill in for Heatley. Plus, it frees up 2.5 million in cap space, which lets them pick up some decent 3rd and 4th line guys."

Lack of speed is not why they lost to the Canucks.

Nor did I claim that SJ would somehow lose scoring. We all know the Sharks are going to be one of the best teams in the league. Swapping Heatley for Havlat won't change that. But, the trade doesn't make them better.

The main point, hwoever, is why should players be expected to be 'loyal' when teams and fans are not?

Heck, even Jagr is getting attacked by Pens and their fans for his 'disloyalty' for choosing Philly over Pittsburgh despite them throwing jagr in the trash a decade ago and slamming him over and over again. he owes them nothing.

Did I say I loathe fans and teams? Because, i dio, and I keep getting more evidence why I should every single second.

u mad?

i thought the Heatly/Havlet trade was kinda pointless because I don't think either team will be any better/worse. but I guess the sharks just felt like shaking things up a bit.

I wonder if Nabokov will wind up anywhere. Is he retired yet? Do the Islanders still own his rights?

And, the Sharks will reach the Conference Finals most like before fizzling unless Thornton is their best player and their goalie steals the series. *shrug*

And the Sharks will have to run the post season without Havlat, who'll suddenly start getting injured a lot again.

Honestly, I can't remember a busier July in the NHL.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hmmm...Jamie Langenbrunner is still out there. Can't say I'm dying to have him back in Jersey but the dude could be a good addition to any team. Didn't fit in too well in Dallas, but he's a 40-50 point getter still, on a good year.

Hmmm...Jamie Langenbrunner is still out there. Can't say I'm dying to have him back in Jersey but the dude could be a good addition to any team. Didn't fit in too well in Dallas, but he's a 40-50 point getter still, on a good year.

Langenbrunz to the Blues. I was actually gonna say that last night but I figured it was to obscure to call. Anyway, they picked up Jamie and Jason Arnott. Interesting. Doesn't change much for them though.

That was pretty sick. You have to wonder if he planned it or was going for a different move and got lucky.

holy god, that's ridiculous. i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and said he planned it but either way that's crazy.

I spent a day in the city last month. Our hotel was right beside the Oilers' offices. Everything was closed, but I managed to take a picture.

post-7948-1310701257_thumb.jpg

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.