NHL

Tale

"trading away your best D-man who's like 36 or 37 now vs. trading away your two biggest offensive threats? not much of a difference in levels of intelligence"

You wanna win the cup now or 4 years from now? The Flyers reached the finals because of Pronger and they got bumped early this season b/c of Pronger being injured.

On tiop of that, your posting nonsense since I did not claim an either/or situation of Pronger vs the two scorers they gave up. Read the post about who should ahve been traded. the chocies were Pronger and another weaker dman. You must be the Philly GM. R00fles!

Edited by Gorth
Be nice

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"trading away your best D-man who's like 36 or 37 now vs. trading away your two biggest offensive threats? not much of a difference in levels of intelligence"

You wanna win the cup now or 4 years from now? The Flyers reached the finals because of Pronger and they got bumped early this season b/c of Pronger being injured.

On tiop of that, your posting nonsense since I did not claim an either/or situation of Pronger vs the two scorers they gave up. Read the post about who should ahve been traded. the chocies were Pronger and another weaker dman. You must be the Philly GM. R00fles!

see now, this is your problem. I never said you claimed an "either/or" situation. you turn everything everyone else says into your own flamebait and then take it.

it's impossible to have a conversation that involves anything you say because you instantly think your being attacked.

The mullet is coming home!!

Edit: and Setoguchi gets traded a day after signing a three year deal.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I think the Sharks should make a bold move for a better defenseman, but I don't think they will. They are pretty locked into their top two lines. Devin Setoguchi seems to be the one guy that is tradeable and will net a good return.

I see the future!

Brent Burns should be a good fit for the Sharks, it gives them some size and production from a guy not named Boyle. I would have liked a little more of a defensively sound guy, but I'm guessing he will be paired with Vlasic to cover that need. Anyways, it gives them a solid top four defenseman group, which they have lacked for a couple seasons.

It is tough to lose Setoguchi, but the Sharks had seven guys trying to fit into the top two forward lines last season, so it makes sense that they move someone. Hopefully he does well in Minnesota.

Supposedly jagr is asking for about $2mil. He's also 39 years old and has probably 1-2 years left while Malkin is still young. Plus, the Leafs have nothing of real vlaue. If you are gonna trade a player of Malkin's value you should get somehting worthwhile back. i could udnerstand if his contract was up soon and they were worried about being able to resign him but that ain't the case here IIRC.

dUMB. DUMB. dUMB.

Supposedly jagr is asking for about $2mil. He's also 39 years old and has probably 1-2 years left while Malkin is still young. Plus, the Leafs have nothing of real vlaue. If you are gonna trade a player of Malkin's value you should get somehting worthwhile back. i could udnerstand if his contract was up soon and they were worried about being able to resign him but that ain't the case here IIRC.

dUMB. DUMB. dUMB.

His contract is up after the 2013 season. So..............................yeah.

anyway, it's time for Malkin to get on his own team and show us what he's capable of (i.e. the 09 season)

The penguins will be malkins' team for whenever Crosby misses time due to injury. Which could be more than anyone would like to think.

I agree with Volo in that I can't really see anything worth taking from Toronto.

This bull**** with Ryan Smyth is getting annoying.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Good riddance to bad rubbish! The Non Dynamic Trash Duo have been ridden out of townj!! Now we need to get rid of the two sucmmy headed head of our coach-gm and we'll be set to actually attempt to be a competitior for the cup instead of a playoff also ran.

Captain JJ has signed with Philly. Silly Pens are silly. At $3.3M, this guy is very likely a steal despite his age. Before people whininga bout how Jagr is 'greedy' or 'overpaid'.. the guy took a massive pay cut from $6mil+ the last time he weas in the league just a few years ago to now.

I hope he kicks butt! ;)

Isn't the erhoff deal front loaded? I thought I read he gets a whack of cash his first two years, then the scale slides downward dramatically.

Who did the Rangers get rid of, Volo? There's been so many moves today I can't keep track of them all.

Edmonton made some weird moves today. I'm thrilled with the addition of Eric Belanger, and somewhat surprised that we picked up Ben Eager. Cam Barker is a gamble, but with a one year contract that's not too big a worry. And I must admit I know diddly about Andy Sutton, except he's old.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I am shocked at the deal Erhoff signed with Buffalo for 10 years and 70 million. That is an insane amount for a 5th defensman. Have they ever watched they guy play?

The Ehrhoff deal is 10 years/$40 million. Hugely front loaded. $8 million signing bonus/$2 million salary in the first year, $5 million signing bonus/$2 million salary in the second year.

I am shocked at the deal Erhoff signed with Buffalo for 10 years and 70 million. That is an insane amount for a 5th defensman. Have they ever watched they guy play?

The Ehrhoff deal is 10 years/$40 million. Hugely front loaded. $8 million signing bonus/$2 million salary in the first year, $5 million signing bonus/$2 million salary in the second year.

Whoops, I made it sound more crazy than it is. Still sounds like way too much money for a guy that isn't really even a top two defensman.

I think I read the cap hit was $4 million a season, which I suppose is more reasonable, but it still sounds crazy.

Whoops, I made it sound more crazy than it is. Still sounds like way too much money for a guy that isn't really even a top two defensman.

I think I read the cap hit was $4 million a season, which I suppose is more reasonable, but it still sounds crazy.

4 million for a top 4 defender seems perfectly reasonable to me, especially for an offensive guy like Ehrhoff. He was being offered 4.5ish by Vancouver but turned that down. Don't forget that the cap is going up again this season.

He's not worth $4mil. Even at jagr's advanced age, he's still a much better than Erhoff and Jagr is being paid $3.3mil. Erhoff is an average defenseman. He be lucky to be rated a top 100 D man.

What a joke.

Edited by Volourn