Republican Candidates

Hurlshort

They were an absolute monarchy before, and the people LIKED it that way :p

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I do not speak klingon, care to translate?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My Spanish is pretty bad, but I believe it is talking about education and humility, and how a guy named Jeff connected with the president by saying "Have a good day"

But really I just like the idea of our president fist bumping all the custodians in the White House.

It says basically "This is a lesson for the other President's who don't even say good morning"

Thanks!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Tell me if this seems a little selfish. It is now mathematically impossible for any candidate other than Romney to capture enough delegates to win the nomination. The very best Santorum or Gingrich could hope for is to prevent Romney from capturing enough delegates to win the nomination before the convention in August. That will lead to a brokered convention with all three candidates so damaged it's concievable none of them will end up with the nomination. And even if one of the three ends up nominated their campaign funds will have been utterly spent just to get that far with just sixty days before the election and no money to spend on actually campaigning. Plus a delegate fight on the convention floor may leave such a bad taste that the nominee may not even have the support of their whole party. Don't get me wrong, they will not support Obama (I'd rather be eaten by ants than vote for him) but enough may vote for a 3rd party just to make a point.

This scenario has happened a half dozen times over the years and the candidate that emerged lost in the general election every single time. So it is impossible for Santorum or Gingrich to become President at this point and their continued fighting will only help Obama. If they truly believe their own words that Obama is damaging the country you'd think they would put the interests of the country first and drop out. They have both said they are going all the way. That is selfish to me.

Just my $.02

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Santorum and Gingrich are very much selfish, they really seem less concerned with the welfare of their party (and the country) and much more concerned about their public profile.

This always reminds me of the story of Richard Nixon in 1960. The election between him and Kennedy was extremely close, and many of his supporters wanted to challenge for a recount, but Nixon chose not to pursue it because he didn't want to come across as a sore loser. I believe this helped his image when he won in 1968.

So this leads me to believe that Nixon, the only president to resign in disgrace, has more character than these guys :p

Also Santorum is frightening, like super scary.

So this leads me to believe that Nixon, the only president to resign in disgrace, has more character than these guys :p

Ironic isn't it!

Also Santorum is frightening, like super scary.

I wouldn't worry much about Santorum. First I don't think he really believes what he saysa because his history in the senate and house before is sort of middle of the road. I think he's trying to define himself as notRomney to try and reassemble the broken neo-con faction that GWB rode into office. Nobody loves Romney. I know I don't. But everyone agrees he can win and most are taking the pragmatic view that a big government republican will be less onerous than Obamas brand of big government liberalisim. And Romney can win. Second, Santorum cannot capture the nomination on his own. But he can screw the whole thing up for everyone if he's petty enough to do it.

The sad thing is, if he does get it I'm voting for him. Obama and his authoritarian vision of government scares me to death. Not for nothing Hurlshot, why do you think private firearms sales have increased by 400% in the past four years? I literally do not know a single person that does not think there is a possibility of some kind of schisim is in the coutry's future. I hope and pray it never comes to that but we are coming to a point where there are two different and mutually exclusive visions of where the country goes in the future. Either one side submits, we part company, or we fight.

On a different note try to read this one without your head exploding: http://freebeacon.co...nds-like-these/

*Note that site is not what I'd call a legitimate news site, I'm posting it here for entertainments sake,

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Santorum scares me becasue he's the exact polar opposite of EVERY ONE of my views. And the amount of god crying he's giving out is frightening me

I'm also watching the Daily Show interview between Norquist and Stewart, and it's kinda scary how... hard line and absolute Norquist is.

Edited by Calax

Santorum has won Alabama & Mississippi. And it just goes on, and on, and on....

Thomas Sowell

:lol: That will never happen.

It's starting to look like Romney may be forced to choose Santorum as his running mate if he is to get the nomination at all. This is going to be a bloody mess. Obama is vunerable, beatable, and the repubs are making a huge botch out of it.

Thomas Sowell

Do you really feel you have a stake in any of the major players in the upcoming election: Obama, Romney, Santorum - whatever?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Do you really feel you have a stake in any of the major players in the upcoming election: Obama, Romney, Santorum - whatever?

I have none in either of the main Republicans. In fact I dislike them both, one more than the other. But I do have a very personal interest in Obama not being re-elected. And it is not just being opposed to his politics (you can bet I am). My home sits on the border of a Federal Management area and is a potential target for an imminent domain land seziure. The current administration has been more than heavy handed in dealing with property owners when it decides it wants their land. I (and the other land owners) do not have the means for a protracted court fight and small chance of prevaiing if we did. I don't know if either of the alternatives would be better but you had better believe they won't be worse.

Thomas Sowell

I have none in either of the main Republicans. In fact I dislike them both, one more than the other. But I do have a very personal interest in Obama not being re-elected. And it is not just being opposed to his politics (you can bet I am). My home sits on the border of a Federal Management area and is a potential target for an imminent domain land seziure. The current administration has been more than heavy handed in dealing with property owners when it decides it wants their land. I (and the other land owners) do not have the means for a protracted court fight and small chance of prevaiing if we did. I don't know if either of the alternatives would be better but you had better believe they won't be worse.

What's "imminent domain land seziure"?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What do you mean by stake Boo? It is the President, so I'd say every American has some stake in the election.

My worst case scenario is Santorum. It is my hope that I will see gay marriage in every state before too long, and Santorum will halt that in its tracks. I don't like to see discrimination like this on a Federal level.

[What's "imminent domain land seziure"?

I believe it's a mechanism by which the government can claim land if it's deemed to be for the public good - so like a highway or something. In theory, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminent_domain

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What are they looking to seize the land for, GD?

I always thought that was more a state and local issue than Federal?

Just playing Devil's advocate here, as I was disappointed that he didn't approve it, but wouldn't his nixing of the the oil pipeline be good for those worried about imminent domain concerns?

Is Obama really so bad that you would seriously consider one of these lunatics for running the country. Be careful you don't end up protest voting yourself into a worse situation.

Yes, yes and yes again. I'd trade Obama for either Romney or Santorum right now hands down. I would not call either of them lunatics. Romney in particular is a very smart guy. I don't completely agree with either of them on much but either would be an upgrade.

Thomas Sowell

What are they looking to seize the land for, GD?

I always thought that was more a state and local issue than Federal?

Federal cases of ID are unusual but if it comes to that this will be one of them They are talking (right now it is just talk) about using the lands along Cold Creek & the Hatchee River south of Fort Pillow park as an extended flood plain for when the Mississippi overflows. There have been no notices or news of court orders but when I got home from Mexico there were survey stakes on my property that were not there when I left. The whole thing has me very nervous. The Obama admin has not been shy about using ID out west in Colorado & Utah. Anderson-Tully is state land but the Hatchee River Management area (which I could throw a baseball into from my front porch) is federal land and flooded pretty badly last year.

Thomas Sowell